OT: - Great advice - go for a walk | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Great advice - go for a walk

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Since the gyms are closed.... its the only form of exercise I can get until the end of the month, at the earliest. I usually head to one of the parks in the city 2 or 3 times a week.... gives me a chance to get some sunshine.... and do some dog watching. Went for a 40 minute walk this evening in my favorite park. followed by a 1/2 pound cheeseburger, fries, and a side of ranch dressing.
My personal trainer is streaming my sessions, adapting them for the equipment I have at home. you should be able to find a variety of workouts on YouTube or I would highly recommend downloading the free - and well regarded - 7 Minute Workout app. There are other, longer workouts on the app.

Reaction Score
My personal trainer is streaming my sessions, adapting them for the equipment I have at home. you should be able to find a variety of workouts on YouTube or I would highly recommend downloading the free - and well regarded - 7 Minute Workout app. There are other, longer workouts on the app.

Great timing Nan, thanks. Our neighborhood gym closed for the duration yesterday... and then the blizzard hit. :D Walking outdoors will be a slippy-sloppy mess for the next couple days, so I'll check this out.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So you were healthy and supported local businesses? You are a paragon, my friend.

After my walk today..... I think I might go support my local bakery :p:D:eek::oops:;)

I was thinking earlier this week... that it looks like I will have to go back to doing pushups, sit-ups, chair dips, and resistance bands workouts in the den. Plus there is always lawnwork to do :oops:

Reaction Score
When I play golf I always practice social distancing, usually by hitting my ball deep into the woods..,,,, :(
I recommend playing golf. It is a great way to walk, be outside, and get aggravated at the same time!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It was sunny and 85 degrees on Friday....... so I headed to the park and walked for an hour (3.34 miles according to my phone). It NEVER fails.... seems like every time I wear Duke gear to that particular park.... I always cross paths with at least one Husky. I always keep my eyes on them.... you never know when a Husky might want to take a chomp outta anything Duke related. :rolleyes:

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
We’ve been doing a walk along the ocean most days. There can be a decent number of people there. Given the circumstances, I’m not crazy about encouraging a lot of people to this spot. It can get busy enough. Stay safe.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
My walk tonight

CAF7A20A-E2EB-4231-A3D0-4D9AA7B7131A.jpeg

Reaction Score
Well.....I don't work so good anymore....so.....I saddle up Gracie..... and we kind of stroll for a few miles to check on things around the ranch. Frankly, it is really a pleasure as things come alive this time of year and color of the wild flowers is impressive.
What? No duck walking to the supper table?

Reaction Score
I do the pulleys for a half hour listening to ragtime piano. I always said that if I could ask God for one personal favor it would be some type of musical talent. He's a practical joker. I can't even play the radio.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom