OT: - Great advice - go for a walk | The Boneyard

OT: Great advice - go for a walk

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
My wife and I are doing exactly that. We have a state park nearby and usually go for a long walk every day. With no March Madness to watch, it beats sitting around the house all day.

Reaction Score
My wife and I just finished a 3/4 mile walk “around the block”. Thank you for the reminder/gentle nudge. Karen is still recovering from a stroke, so our distances are limited. We used to walk fairly long distances, especially on trips with OAT.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I have started walking a track in a local park. Although I have been inconsistent, I started walking on the indoor track 3 miles / 1 hour multiple days per week, until the virus situation hit (the indoor track has since closed).

Unfortunately - in spite of the fact I live in sunny Arizona - we are experiencing 2 days of miserable rain. While rain is ALWAYS good out here, the kind of rain and corresponding temps are not so great.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
When I got home from my surgery in Oct..I was so weak the first day that I couldn't walk the three blocks home from the drug store that the cab had dropped me to. My son hailed a cab and took me home.

Two weeks later, I was up to 3 miles...and now we walk (basically) as far as we want.

We have a couple of preferred routes in St J...it's a town on 2 levels so going up the hill is tough...but we get out every nice day.

When the snow melts and the trails firm up, the Whites provide extraordinary hiking ops, not all mountainous. Looking forward...

Impossible to consider going back to NY

Reaction Score
Well.....I don't work so good anymore....so.....I saddle up Gracie..... and we kind of stroll for a few miles to check on things around the ranch. Frankly, it is really a pleasure as things come alive this time of year and color of the wild flowers is impressive.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Chatfield Hollow is jammed daily. With the fromt gate closed all cars are in the lots along Rt i0. Cars are also parked along Rt 80 for a ways.

Reaction Score
IMG_7894.JPG

On our wet dog hike today. Of course I had the added benefit of having to give him a bath once we got home!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Since the gyms are closed.... its the only form of exercise I can get until the end of the month, at the earliest. I usually head to one of the parks in the city 2 or 3 times a week.... gives me a chance to get some sunshine.... and do some dog watching. Went for a 40 minute walk this evening in my favorite park. followed by a 1/2 pound cheeseburger, fries, and a side of ranch dressing.

I

Reaction Score
Recently went pescatarian, we are drinking wine, cooking new recipes and dancing in the kitchen. After our daily HIIT in the garage.

Reaction Score
the practice range at my golf club in Mass. opens today! hopefully the course will get open in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Since the gyms are closed.... its the only form of exercise I can get until the end of the month, at the earliest. I usually head to one of the parks in the city 2 or 3 times a week.... gives me a chance to get some sunshine.... and do some dog watching. Went for a 40 minute walk this evening in my favorite park. followed by a 1/2 pound cheeseburger, fries, and a side of ranch dressing.

I
So you were healthy and supported local businesses? You are a paragon, my friend.

Sifaka

O sol nascerá amanhã.
Reaction Score
We live in a tiny hamlet, just a couple dozen homes, sheep some years, and the usual wildlife—fox, fisher, coyote, pestilential deer, racoons, ermine, groundhogs, geese, bald eagles, snapping turtles (in season). A visitor from my wife's country described it as, "except for the electric and telephone wires, late 18th to early 19th century preserved in a block of clear epoxy."

Across from us is a meadow, and beyond that a river, tidal estuary, with reversing waterfalls. When the tide changes, it sounds like ocean breakers, though we are three miles upstream from the shore.

Yesterday we went for a stroll in the drizzle, an hour or so reading headstone inscriptions in the graveyard up the street. Fascinating social history there.
The usual 'born 1797-died 1844' and a few more creative, such as "gone camping, 1952". One headstone is shaped like a log, probably telling us what he did for a living. image.jpeg

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom