Grayson Allen | The Boneyard

Grayson Allen

Reaction Score
Duke teaches this because they know they can get away with it there. :) Not so much in the NBA.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
His crap at Duke was much worse and none was during him being involved in a play like that
I despise Allen but I saw nothing there to deserve a flagrant 2. Both times it looked like he was reacting to the balls position and swiping at it. Caruso is a lot like Allen but he fell hard because he unfortunately fell flat and looked a lot worse than it really was.
Flagrant 1 - maybe but 10 years ago it's a play on
I don't condone Allen's actions because it seems a lot is premeditated - this I think was not

Reaction Score
The first swipe with the left hand is your standard "no easy buckets in the NBA" type of hard foul.

The second swipe with the right hand is an intent to cause harm and is rightfully a flagrant 2. Such a dogs___ player and person.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I thought it looked worse in real time. The first foul was to stop Carouso from scoring. The second foul was to throw them to the floor. Definitely a flagrant 2.

Reaction Score
Someone on the Bulls should have cracked Allen's jaw.
They just got Caruso back, Zach LaVine has been out for a while and they're struggling now...can't afford any suspensions. If you paid me enough I would probably do it.

Reaction Score
Tripping in sports is like the EF word. So versatile. Tripping in soccer - way of life, sometimes a minor foul or yellow card if the victim acts like he has fire ants all over him. Tripping in football, 10 yard penalty if you do it with your legs, high fives if you do it with your hands. Tripping in hockey - 2 minute minor, unless you embellish your fall, then both guys get 2 minute minors. Tripping in golf - too many beers. Tripping in basketball - life in prison and destroyed reputation.

I see a good aggressive play to make a sick block and/or ensure a layup isn't made. If it wasn't Grayson Allen there wouldn't be this outrage. Move along.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
more brilliant commentary from people who don't play, including the announcers.
1. helicoptering action by a player in the air. that would be physics.
2. 2nd swipe. exactly that -swipe. as in 'oh, i can still block the ball with my other hand, not the hand holding/balancing/grabbing onto to the guy. let's try.'

an athletic play by an athlete who, unlike the rest of the planet, actually spends a lot of time in the air.

Reaction Score
Tripping in sports is like the EF word. So versatile. Tripping in soccer - way of life, sometimes a minor foul or yellow card if the victim acts like he has fire ants all over him. Tripping in football, 10 yard penalty if you do it with your legs, high fives if you do it with your hands. Tripping in hockey - 2 minute minor, unless you embellish your fall, then both guys get 2 minute minors. Tripping in golf - too many beers. Tripping in basketball - life in prison and destroyed reputation.

I see a good aggressive play to make a sick block and/or ensure a layup isn't made. If it wasn't Grayson Allen there wouldn't be this outrage. Move along.
But it is Grayson Allen. There is a pattern here.

Reaction Score
Nothing to see here folks. Just a hard foul like they did in the 80's NBA. I thought he might of tripped someone again.
When a safety comes flying in and knocks a defenseless receiver unconscious, do you say the same? Thankfully we're not as stupid as we were in the 80's about player safety. No place in the NBA for that play.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
When Grayson was a Duke repeatedly pulling this kind of stuff there was this refrain that he would not be able to get away with that crap in the NBA. Well here we are. Grayson is doing what all good predators do-"selectively" pick their prey. Someone needs to check Grayson chin-Caruso is not that guy.

Reaction Score
Huh? That was an incredibly dangerous play that could have seriously injured Caruso. In no possible way is that preferable to a weak foul.

By no means would Caruso have fallen if their legs didn’t get tangled on the way up before either arm made contact. The right arm was a swing and not a pull down. Again the kids a but this wasn’t over the top at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom