Grayson Allen | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Grayson Allen

Reaction Score
Not in todays NBA filled with players softer than baby poo.
What a stupid post

Nobody wants to get fined and suspended themselves. Stern made sure to get rid of fighting.

It wouldn’t shock me in the least if you were decrying the league full of “thugs” constantly fighting in the 70s and 80s

Reaction Score
Nothing to see here folks. Just a hard foul like they did in the 80's NBA. I thought he might of tripped someone again.
I’m not sure anything is more overrated than 80s defense in the NBA. While it’s true that hard fouls were just common fouls back then, the actual defense that was played in that era was so much worse than today.

As for Grayson, the initial play on the ball was fine, but the extra swipe at a defenseless, airborne player was not. It reminds me of when JR Smith shoved Al Horford from behind when he was going for an alley-oop. There wasn’t a ton of contact on the play, but players are at their most vulnerable when they’re mid-air. Even the slightest contact, such as the second swipe by Grayson, can be really dangerous in those situations.

Reaction Score
What a stupid post

Nobody wants to get fined and suspended themselves. Stern made sure to get rid of fighting.

It wouldn’t shock me in the least if you were decrying the league full of “thugs” constantly fighting in the 70s and 80s
Im completely ok with you disagreeing but no need to insult my intelligence or make assumptions about my character.

Reaction Score
By no means would Caruso have fallen if their legs didn’t get tangled on the way up before either arm made contact. The right arm was a swing and not a pull down. Again the kids a but this wasn’t over the top at all.
What play did you watch? Caruso’s toe clips Allen’s leg and barely changes his trajectory and then the hook with the left arm is what really makes it dangerous. I care much less about the right arm than the hook and pull with the left hand (1:15 in the video below is the best angle). It was a dirty play. If you did that at a playground you’re getting some fists thrown your way.

Reaction Score
Back in the day, a similar foul in the Y Senior League or the Industrial League in New Haven, Allen would require EMS before he left the gym. You simply don’t take out another player in mid-air.
Back in the early 80’s I was playing in an adult league and took a 2 arm shove in the back while going up for a layup that sent me into the pads and then on to the floor. It was a total cheap shot by the guy so I confronted him and we ended up going at it. We ended up on the ground with me having him a headlock which I wasn’t relinquishing until we got pried apart. We rightfully got ejected…..he was also an off duty cop. I was payed a visit from a town detective a few days after the incident asking me about the altercation. He was more interested focusing on the actions of the off duty cop. Apparently, the cop was being investigated internally before my scuffle with him because of a series of threatening and physical acts he committed to others while he was on duty. He was fired a few months later.

There are particular times when players need to be held accountable ( my way of saying cleaning the guys clock) for committing cheap shots. Allen has established this pattern multiple times and needs his bell rung. He’s lucky he didn’t play during the days of Oakley, Lambier, Mahorn, etc.

Reaction Score
Thank the lord that the masterful educator of men Mike Kryzewski held him accountable for his dirty actions in college and really molded him into a respectful athlete and sportsman of the year. Coach K is the best!

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I dislike this guy more than Laettner.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If you told me he really was only trying to reach around with the other hand to slap the ball, I’d probably believe you. But not checking on AC after the play is classless stuff.

Reaction Score
Anybody see his flagrant foul against the Bulls? Some things never change, Guy must be the most hated player in the NBA.

Try being a Bucks fan and having to see this guy day in and day out! Especially with a team full of so many likeable players otherwise!

Reaction Score
Figured it would be worse, to be honest... The second swipe is what makes you scratch your head a bit but he actually got some ball on the initial challenge which was really just an a hard foul. The problem is that he's Grayson Allen and there's legit something wrong with the way he reacts in the moment in these situations. It's actually baffling at this point that he has consistently been such a complete and that nobody has, as of yet, returned the favor.

Reaction Score
When a safety comes flying in and knocks a defenseless receiver unconscious, do you say the same? Thankfully we're not as stupid as we were in the 80's about player safety. No place in the NBA for that play.
Different game
However in the 80’s you could nail any receiver on any pass play even if was on the other side of the field. There were some real badass corners in those days,who lived for the blindside hit.
That caused the early retirement of some great receivers and serious injury to others.
Stars retiring and getting hurt is not good for the game so the rules evolved.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom