Grantland trolling UCONN | The Boneyard

Grantland trolling UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wow. That was a really weak effort. Yeah, Jacko. We get it. Little rich boy with the famous friend doesn't like UConn's coach or fans. Let's sock that one away in the "Evidence of Grantland.com's suckitude" file.

Reaction Score
its the same *** from the BS Report podcast, Simmons probably couldn't wait to give him a platform to write this garbage.

*awaits progrocks nearly breaking his neck while running to his desk to post for us to stop complaining if someone writes something negative about UConn*

Reaction Score
Who's the author of that crap? Jacko or is it Jerk0? His 3 points weren't even reasons to why UConn will not repeat as NCs. It was just an opportunity for him to bash a program he doesn't like. In fact, it was less professional than most posts we read on this forum and is filled with half-truths.

Whoever is the admin for that .com should take that off their site. I've lost any respect I might have had for Grantland. He took cheapshots at the State, University, JC and even Kemba Walker.

I hope one of us remembers this blog entry and can wipe his face with it after we repeat as NCs next April.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Really?

Why not 350 words on why he hates strawberry ice cream? Or an article on why he thinks that Glee is the best show on TV?

Why does ANYONE give a crap about this guy's likes and dislikes?

Reaction Score
I only skimmed it. Was any of it about basketball?

i.e. the only thing that's going to determine whether they repeat or not.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Wow...that was comically bad. It was what it claimed to be - the snapshot of the mind of a UConn anti-homer. I have no idea why anyone would take pride in that piece of , but to each his own.

Reaction Score
Bill Simmons and friends have always struck me as weak. I caught Simmons's act early as Boston Sports Guy on Yahoo in the mid 1990s. He was universally laughed out for his football analysis. At the time, I didn't know he knew anything about basketball, but his coverage of the Patriots was worse than bad.

Reaction Score
I was going to try to contact someone from Grantland, but they don't even seem to have a way to do it. That alone shows you how bush this site is that they don't even want reader feedback.

Reaction Score
I was going to try to contact someone from Grantland, but they don't even seem to have a way to do it. That alone shows you how bush this site is that they don't even want reader feedback.

They have this at the bottom

Contact us at triangle@grantland.com

Reaction Score
There may be several reasons why any NC will not repeat their success the next year and UCONN is no different.

Sadly these a**es are clueless as to any reasons why this may occur and certainly are incapable of supporting an argument with basketball knowledge, logic or facts.

Reaction Score
Geez, that was terrible. He has a right to say that stuff, but to put it on a website that's supposed to be a glorified place for sports journalism--that's just awful. It's called journalism for a reason.

Get some facts and come back and see me, Jacko

Reaction Score
Jacko's lost...He couldn't find his way through a maze even if the rats helped him.

Reaction Score
There may be several reasons why any NC will not repeat their success the next year and UCONN is no different.

Sadly these a**es are clueless as to any reasons why this may occur and certainly are incapable of supporting an argument with basketball knowledge, logic or facts.
If it was a well-reasoned, analytical piece on why UConn wouldn't win, I'd respect that. Hell, given the single-elim NCAA's and the bevy of other powerhouses this year, it's not a difficult argument to make.

Reaction Score
All the UConn haters leave out how UConn's academic reputation and facilities have skyrocketed over the past twenty years. You could make a strong argument that the school's growth is directly linked to the success of the basketball teams. With success comes jealousy. Have mistakes been made, yes. However, mistakes were made more frequently at UCLA under Wooden. That Grantland article was absurd. That guy admitted he didn't like UConn because before 1999 HC was the only NE school to win a NC. I wonder if George Blaney feels the same way?(sarcasm)

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
That was one dumb article. Not even worth responding to beyond that.
+1 Except the use of term article was generous.

Reaction Score
Some seriously weak, message board style, arguments there. Hasn't the whole Kemba book thing been clarified?

Dude was obviously grabbing at straws here. If I didn't know better, I would think he just went to the Providence Scout board and searched for all topics with UConn in them to get material.

Also, definitely a low blow to include an entire section essentially bashing UConn academics.

Reaction Score
LOL at Jacko even mentioning Drummonds Adidas video where he uttered two words and was immediately identified as a non-story. And a marijuana arrest? C'mon man

Reaction Score
This article should be called "Why I Hate UConn" instead of "Why UConn Will Not Repeat as NAtional Champion" because he failed to provide one fact stating why they will not win. Instead he just goes on how much he hates UConn, well thats fine, no one gives a rats ass what you think. But enjoy another season rooting for Holy Cross, that must be very exciting year after year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom