Grantland trolling UCONN | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Grantland trolling UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
It's very simple: he's a part of this community, and has twice now gone out of his way to crap on one of the things that's unique and special about this state. That's not acceptable on any level. You don't have to like UConn basketball, but to go out of your way to crap on it is what I take issue with.

I think those who might make use of his legal services should choose alternate providers. I'm dead serious. Don't where you eat, dude.

Reaction Score
He's right about JC's attitude toward reporters. I cover the Huskies at one time and was enbarrassed at how he handled even reasonable, basketball related questions at times. I'm not talking about, "Not a dime," that jerk deserved his repsonse, I'm referring to legitimate questions. You can't treat reporters, or anyone, that way and not expect retribution. I love JC, but he offended the wrong group of people.

Reaction Score
Pretty interesting story. He doesn't like UConn because:

1) can't get a seat for a game,

2) can't follow JC's stream of consciousness,

3) too many hoopsters go to NBA, and

4) UConn is not as crooked as KY, etc.

Reaction Score
Actually, I thought the article was funny. If you understand the Simmons universe, JackO is the only person with an opinion on UConn, and after all the crap he has said through the years I loved that he wrote something. Yes it had nothing to do with the title, but that was not the point. Mr. Complex Litigation is a tool, and he let out all of his tool-i-ness in that piece, so I thought it was great. No one at ESPN is saying that UConn cant win but those other teams can win, it is just having fun, playing on a running gag, especially after all the hate mail I am sure they received after his previous comments and hatred.

Reaction Score
as annoying as it is, you could literally write an article exactly similar for most big college sports teams. Kansas, Kentucky, UNC, ohio state.... . If you live in Ohio, people will talk about the ohio state game the day before. I think its a little jealousy that no one cares or talks about holy cross

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
You must have a very juvenile sense of humor if you thought that was funny. I was embarrassed for Jocko as I read it. He is either a) pretending to be stupid, or b) actually stupid.

That's kind of lose-lose if you ask me.

Reaction Score
He is a tool. He wrote the piece that allowed him to further come off as a tool. He has trashed UConn and we win, I can care less what he thinks because it does not matter. If someone wrote why we would win the national championship I would not care much because it does not matter. I think last season proves that you never know what the hell can happen, and preseason prognostications mean jack-o.

Reaction Score
I heard this guy on the radio last year before our NC run. I believe it was ESPN radio. I think it was either Cowherd or Gottlieb, or someone else. He is a friend of whomever the host was. His rant was almost word for word what he wrote in the article other than the current events. He is a one trick pony with the same tired song. OK we get it you hate Uconn. But at least hate us with some new material.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
That was pretty bad, I admit. JackO is a charity case. Kind of like LeBetard's father's without the brains. I still have Grantland bookmarked, though.

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
If you guys want him to wither away into nothingness, the worst thing you can do is talk about him.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
He's got the pulse of the program. It's really tough to get tickets for sure.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
His article could basically be summarized as, "I liked UConn before it was mainstream."

Good for you, UConn Hipster.

Makes no sense. UConn sold out the HCC all the time even before JC got there.

Reaction Score
He is an insurance company attorney in hartford, who cares what he thinks. He likes it when UConn fans go after him, just like he enjoys it when he can piss on the red sox. If you see him as a troll, the number one rule of the internet is to not feed trolls, so therefore ignore the man.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If you guys want him to wither away into nothingness, the worst thing you can do is talk about him.
+1
or click onto the article. No reason to validate the article. He's just someone expressing his dislike to a program. This board does it all the time to Duke and BC. And sometimes to Georgetown and Pitt. It doesn't change one thing about the accomplishments of the men's program anymore than our ridicule changes the accomplishment of Duke. Just juvenile behavior all around.

Reaction Score
how in the hell does he have over 30k followers on twitter? there are that many people that care what dude has to say?

Reaction Score
there was a time when i enjoyed bill simmons and his writing style. i have read enough now to know that he is not a writer, he is a resuscitator of gimmicks. it seems that his buddy jack-o similarly lives in the past.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
People forget the entire quote. It's "not one dime, I want to retire some day." Not only was that a joke, it was a funny joke.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They let that chubstick fattydance out of his cage again?

Good thing I didn't have a beer when I read this, it would be coming out my nose.

Reaction Score
Hey JACKOff, I would expect nothing more than an article such as this from you. I dont really follow your writing/blogs (since you dont really have many) so I dont know who your col basketball team is or even if you have one. Do you actually root for Holy cross? If not I am assuming its UMass but either way its pathetic. You made an interesting career for yourself riding Simmons' cock .. gotta give you that.

Reaction Score
My buddy just started a blog, and since my credentials match up almost identically to Jack-O's (except for the fact that I watch college basketball) I figured I'd try and give it the FireJoeMorgan.com point counter-point treatment. I don't think I quite did justice to its bottomless insolence, but it was fun to vent anyway. If you want to check it out its: http://rantingesteban.com/2011/10/2...end-write-some-crap-about-college-basketball/

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
LOL, that guy has been destroyed many a time

can you imagine his anguish watching our post-season run last year?

is he that loser Truth from ESPN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69