Graduate Transfer: Kameron Rooks | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Graduate Transfer: Kameron Rooks

Reaction Score
Not sure where you are getting this from. The only guy with the size or bulk to play the 5 on their roster is the Danish kid who redshirted for them last year. Williams and Tillie are both four-men from my understanding.

I'd love to have Rooks, but I don't know if we offer something Gonzaga doesn't PT-wise.
My bad, had no idea Collins hired an agent.

Reaction Score
Really hope we can get a visit from this guy. Have to imagine Gonzaga will be tough to beat though..

pj

Reaction Score
And it gives KO and Chill time to get their swagger back on the recruiting trail.

Yes, Rooks would fill the major hole in next year's lineup. Diarra, Polley, and Larrier can plug the PF spot. A commitment would also get us to the magic mark of 10 players for 5-on-5 scrimmages. Would immediately turn around the whole tenor of this board.

Reaction Score
Any relation to Taylor?

Does he want to be?!?

Send in the big guns!
I was curious but doesn't look like they're related. Taylor has some good athletes in her family though, her father Thomas played football at Illinois and her uncles are Lou Brock and Marv Woodson

Reaction Score
More intrigued by Rooks than any of the current guards we are on. Landing a serviceable and ready-now big would be absolutely huge. I'm less concerned at the 4 spot although our depth is lacking. I've heard Diarra is an absolute beast.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score
More intrigued by Rooks than any of the current guards we are on. Landing a serviceable and ready-now big would be absolutely huge. I'm less concerned at the 4 spot although our depth is lacking. I've heard Diarra is an absolute beast.
Rooks won't give us much in the way of offense, but he is a big body that can rebound and defend. He's choice #1 for me right now.

Reaction Score
Rooks won't give us much in the way of offense, but he is a big body that can rebound and defend. He's choice #1 for me right now.
Agreed thats all we need. Which shouldnt be that hard to find if your're UConn you'd think

Reaction Score
What you're hearing is from how Diarra has been playing in practice/scrimmages?

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
From the head manager who's around the team 24/7. Didn't specify in what context but I'd imagine drills/workouts.
FWIW I've heard the same. He's undersized, but is a monster rebounder and rim protector who plays with constant energy.

Fingers crossed he stays healthy and solves some problems for us this year.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Rooks is an experienced player with proven skills in the low post and as a defensive rebounder. One of the best things he would bring is the ability to get the D rebound and throw a quick outlet pass igniting a very potent fast break!

Reaction Score
I said it before that Rooks is legit center and would be drafted (possibly first round) if this was the NBA of 1995. I'm sure Chill knows him well and the only question about him was consistency and whether that's mental, physical or the PAC-12 style of play I don't know.

Re: Diarra... I got to the SMU game early and watched warm ups and thought Diarra was the most explosive big we had based on some drills and a lay up line. No one would have guessed he was hurt and I really believe the Montrez Harrell comp is legit from an athletic stand point. Whether he becomes a comparable player, in my mind, is a matter of will, luck (no more injuries) and hard work.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He would come in and start and would be on TV all the time on either CBS, CBSN, ESPN and it's networked.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
From the head manager who's around the team 24/7. Didn't specify in what context but I'd imagine drills/workouts.
How is his runner's knee? Did a season off make a big difference? Need him for all of next year!

Reaction Score
Looks like he's off to San Diego State.
This guy was a perfect fit. Not sure what'd be worst, all these bigs straight up not even considering us or our staff just not making an effort.

We've been seriously linked to one big, Williams from St. John's, if my memory serves me correct. That's it. I don't get it.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Given what the kid has been through with his dad, it seems unrealistic to me that he would want to leave the west coast.

But your larger point about lack interest from any of the notable transfers is indeed troubling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom