GOT Season Six | Page 14 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

Reaction Score
I think so and I think he finally gets his payback, which rasises an interesting question.

What becomes of Cersei when she loses a trial by combat?

She has to do the walk of shame without the aid of a body double.

Fingers crossed!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
She has to do the walk of shame without the aid of a body double.

Fingers crossed!

No, let her use the actress that was Sansa in the play last week as the body double. Cersei isn't all that.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I must not be remembering well from last season, I thought Cersei's punishment for the incest was her walk of shame? Now she's going to go to trial, too?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I must not be remembering well from last season, I thought Cersei's punishment for the incest was her walk of shame? Now she's going to go to trial, too?
Yes. She still has to answer to the charges of fratricide. She chose trial by combat for that. She plead to lesser charges for the walk of shame.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Yes. She still has to answer to the charges of fratricide. She chose trial by combat for that. She plead to lesser charges for the walk of shame.

Fraticide? When did she kill her brother? They are both living are they not?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Oops wrong term . Meant incest

Right, but go back and look at the original comment that the walk of shame was for the incest.

By the way, Margaery is pretty tough. She's done nothing wrong other than refuse to rat out her brother. Must have been the trip to the Hunger Games that toughened her up.

August_West

Reaction Score
Right, but go back and look at the original comment that the walk of shame was for the incest.

By the way, Margaery is pretty tough. She's done nothing wrong other than refuse to rat out her brother. Must have been the trip to the Hunger Games that toughened her up.
She never admitted to having sex with Jamie or that those are his kids. She admitted lancel only. This is important.

Reaction Score
She never admitted to having sex with Jamie or that those are his kids. She admitted lancel only. This is important.
Correct, she will be on trial for incest with Jamie and for plotting to kill Robert, which Lancel disclosed to the High Sparrow and she denied.

Reaction Score
Saw a new explanation on the Bran/Hodor thing today. The author suggests that Bran warged into Willys from his dream, wrecked his brain on purpose so that Hodor would, in fact, Hodor when the time came.

August_West

Reaction Score
Saw a new explanation on the Bran/Hodor thing today. The author suggests that Bran warged into Willys from his dream, wrecked his brain on purpose so that Hodor would, in fact, Hodor when the time came.

Dont buy that at all. Was it you or someone else who mentioned Harry Potter prisoner from Azkaban?

thats exactly what it is. Bran did it because it already happened. They are using the time turner loop method here.

Also, I guess when you turn yourself over to time travel as a show, you look for the best.

This weeks director directed the two biggest mind bending "Lost" episodes. (The constant and through the looking glass)

GoT has gone full Harry Potter.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
image.jpeg
Too soon?

Reaction Score
This is what I don't get. If Bran just last night warged into Hodor, then shouldn't Hodor have been perfectly fine his entire life as Wyllis? However, he's been Hodor for Bran's entire life. Didn't Bran have to warg into him to turn him into Hodor?

This is where time travel gets very confusing for me.
No. Regardless of when in the PRESENT Bran goes back, he goes back TO that same day decades earlier. Hodor was messed up from that day in the past, despite the fact that the trip back originated today.

Reaction Score
Dont buy that at all. Was it you or someone else who mentioned Harry Potter prisoner from Azkaban?

thats exactly what it is. Bran did it because it already happened. They are using the time turner loop method here.

I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. It would explain why tree man had Bran go back even though he knew the white walkers were approaching. Bran had to go back and warg into Willys. As he said, the past is already written . . .

August_West

Reaction Score
I don't think the two are mutually exclusive. It would explain why tree man had Bran go back even though he knew the white walkers were approaching. Bran had to go back and warg into Willys. As he said, the past is already written . . .

Right.
Just like Harry Potter knew he could conjure a patronus because he already saw himself conjure the patronus.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
To change the subject -- is Ghost the last Stark Direwolf left alive? I suck at their names, but I know Sansa's was killed when Joffrey got beat down early in season one and they had to give some sort of punishment, I think Robb's was killed at the Red Wedding? Theon didn't have one, did he? Arya's is out there somewhere I think (that's right! Arya's direwolf attacked Joffrey and Arya made him run away to protect him, so they killed Sansa's instead). Rickon's was killed a few episodes ago, and Bran's just this past week. So by my calculations, that should leave 2 still alive (althought Arya's might have been killed somewhere out in the wild).

Any I missed?

August_West

Reaction Score
To change the subject -- is Ghost the last Stark Direwolf left alive? I suck at their names, but I know Sansa's was killed when Joffrey got beat down early in season one and they had to give some sort of punishment, I think Robb's was killed at the Red Wedding? Theon didn't have one, did he? Arya's is out there somewhere I think (that's right! Arya's direwolf attacked Joffrey and Arya made him run away to protect him, so they killed Sansa's instead). Rickon's was killed a few episodes ago, and Bran's just this past week. So by my calculations, that should leave 2 still alive (althought Arya's might have been killed somewhere out in the wild).

Any I missed?
Nymeria is still out there forming a gang in the Riverlands. So yes two.

Reaction Score

Any I missed?

Correct. In the books the Stark/Direwolf relationship is much more vital to the storyline. But yeah, Nymeria (Arya's wolf) is somewhere in the wild, kinda like Arya. And then there's Ghost who usually never leaves Jon's side.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
We're running out of wolves (just like we're running out of Starks, I guess). Those deaths always hit me as hard or harder than the rest.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
We're running out of wolves (just like we're running out of Starks, I guess). Those deaths always hit me as hard or harder than the rest.

I am not sure if the Stark deaths or the wolf deaths hit you the hardest. The Stark deaths should hit me harder, but there is always a "boy did he have it coming" aspect to it when a Stark bites the dust. Let's go down the list.

Ned - pokes the hornet's nest over and over while standing right underneath it. Shows a little bit of brains and gets Robert to sign on to someone other than Joffrey as heir, than chokes when Renly (and by extension Loras) offers his army to seize power.

Robb - Yes, his wife was hot, but boy was that stupid. When someone hands you a kingdom if you will marry his granddaughter, you marry the granddaughter. I have a daughter, and I kinda see Walder's side of the story on the Red Wedding.

Katlyn - She pretty much made very wrong decision possible, every step of the way. She got played by her sister, kidnapped, then lost, the Imp. Couldn't keep Stannis and Renly from fighting, and then didn't tip her son off that Walder and Bolton were snakes. The only reason that Sansa, Arya, Bran and Rickon are still alive is that they were far away from their mother.

Jon Snow - got killed once already for not appreciating just how pissed off some people were about his decisions. The decisions don't seem to be getting any better.

Sansa - gave up her dad to the Lannisters. Now appears to be in the process of leading Jon Snow into a beatdown against Ramsey despite the fact that Baelish is offering an army that would destroy Ramsey's. Even Brienne is having second thoughts about her oath because she realizes just how f#$%ing stupid Sansa really is.

Arya - she is hanging out with some seriously shady characters, is lying to them, and clearly isn't doing a very good job of it because they keep threatening to kill her if she doesn't stop lying.

Bran - After being told that the White Walker's assault is imminent, decides to watch the "oldies channel" with the 3 eyed Raven instead of fleeing immediate. He has gotten Hodor and Jojen killed, and is getting dragged around the snow by a 5'1, maybe 100-110 pound girl while an army of undead is probably only about 100-150 yards behind him.

Rickon - got himself captured by Ramsey. This was kind of not his fault, but given how stupid his parents and siblings are, he probably did something to cause this.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The general rumor is that her wolf is leading a pack of other wild dogs somewhere in the North if not beyond the wall. But no one really knows.

Unless the story comes back to it, I consider her the Russian from the Sopranos wandering the Pinelands, an unresolved plot point in a story much too large to tie up every last loose end.

August_West

Reaction Score
The general rumor is that her wolf is leading a pack of other wild dogs somewhere in the North if not beyond the wall. But no one really knows.

Unless the story comes back to it, I consider her the Russian from the Sopranos wandering the Pinelands, an unresolved plot point in a story much too large to tie up every last loose end.

"Universal remote, put it down on docking station."

RXLCkbi.jpg

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I am not sure if the Stark deaths or the wolf deaths hit you the hardest. The Stark deaths should hit me harder, but there is always a "boy did he have it coming" aspect to it when a Stark bites the dust. Let's go down the list.

Ned - pokes the hornet's nest over and over while standing right underneath it. Shows a little bit of brains and gets Robert to sign on to someone other than Joffrey as heir, than chokes when Renly (and by extension Loras) offers his army to seize power.

Robb - Yes, his wife was hot, but boy was that stupid. When someone hands you a kingdom if you will marry his granddaughter, you marry the granddaughter. I have a daughter, and I kinda see Walder's side of the story on the Red Wedding.

Katlyn - She pretty much made very wrong decision possible, every step of the way. She got played by her sister, kidnapped, then lost, the Imp. Couldn't keep Stannis and Renly from fighting, and then didn't tip her son off that Walder and Bolton were snakes. The only reason that Sansa, Arya, Bran and Rickon are still alive is that they were far away from their mother.

Jon Snow - got killed once already for not appreciating just how pissed off some people were about his decisions. The decisions don't seem to be getting any better.

Sansa - gave up her dad to the Lannisters. Now appears to be in the process of leading Jon Snow into a beatdown against Ramsey despite the fact that Baelish is offering an army that would destroy Ramsey's. Even Brienne is having second thoughts about her oath because she realizes just how f#$%ing stupid Sansa really is.

Arya - she is hanging out with some seriously shady characters, is lying to them, and clearly isn't doing a very good job of it because they keep threatening to kill her if she doesn't stop lying.

Bran - After being told that the White Walker's assault is imminent, decides to watch the "oldies channel" with the 3 eyed Raven instead of fleeing immediate. He has gotten Hodor and Jojen killed, and is getting dragged around the snow by a 5'1, maybe 100-110 pound girl while an army of undead is probably only about 100-150 yards behind him.

Rickon - got himself captured by Ramsey. This was kind of not his fault, but given how stupid his parents and siblings are, he probably did something to cause this.

Catelyn Stark takes the grand prize. I'm re-watching from season 1, and she's just astonishingly dumb. Almost every other calamity stemmed from her stupidity. Ned gets away from Kings Landing with the girls if she doesn't take Tyrion. Ned was just an honorable guy, who couldn't do what was needed in a festering nest of snakes and who married a moron.

Reaction Score
I hope GRRM and the show runners are very careful with Bran's abilities.

I like that he can go back in time, it provides a lot of backstory. (It would be a cool power to have, you could learn a lot, although I suppose most people would use it for .)

I don't like that he can seemingly change the past, that opens up a lot of potential plot holes that are hard to fill.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom