GOT Season Six | Page 36 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Yeah. Surprising as it is that an adult might prove more competent than a teenager, that's the case with Sansa.

So to recap the season---the Starks rise. Who'da thunk it?

Before Rickon predictably bought the farm, I found myself surprised when counting the number of Starks that were in fact still alive. Throw in a reformed Theon if you choose.

Now the direwolves, there's a tragedy. Plus, no Ghost tearing out Ramsey's throat. Must have blown the CGI budget on dragons this week.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Before Rickon predictably bought the farm, I found myself surprised when counting the number of Starks that were in fact still alive. Throw in a reformed Theon if you choose.

Now the direwolves, there's a tragedy. Plus, no Ghost tearing out Ramsey's throat. Must have blown the CGI budget on dragons this week.

CGI budget has to be why Wun Wun bit the dust -- having to factor him in plus dragons leaves little room for direwolves. Hopefully this means that next season we get a healthy dose of Ghost and maybe Nymeria?

Reaction Score
If Ramsay saw the Knights of the Vale in the field, he would have retreated to the castle and forced a long siege.
Sansa told him to not give in to Ramsay's head games. She told him exactly what would happen to Rickon. Jon acted directly against Sansa's advice and stupidly and impulsively charged towards Ramsay's army, forcing his forces to follow him in to Ramsay's archers' rage where everyone was massacred. It's Jon's fault that all those men died; not Sansa's.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
That ship sailed when Sansa confirmed Baelish's story about Lyssa Arynn's death to the Lords of the Vale. No one would believe her if she changed her story now. Littlefinger has

Littlefinger wants some kind of army in the north, plus Sansa alive to have some kind of claim on Riverrun (which may be why the Blackfish was killed off from a plot perspective).

I think Littlefinger wants Sansa's hand in marriage to become King of the North. The Starks still reign there, a position solidified by the result of the Battle off the Bastards. And Sansa is the key to that crown.

And when you get down to it, I think he's replaced his long standing love for Catelyn with a new found one for Sansa.

Last edited:

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Maybe my expectations were to high. The stupidity of the commanders was too much for me.

The dragon scene probably cost a fortune.

I thought Ramsey's plan was quite clever. Where he failed, was in sending scouts out to determine if that was the only fighting force in the area. Probably due to his arrogance.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
You can lean on that, hoping you'll be right....but the fact is, she has risen from some serious with Joff and Ramsey to a pretty powerful spot in the North right now. Your argument against her lost a lot of water last night, friend.

To be fair, much of that was a result of good fortune, over anything she did specifically herself.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
How the heck are they going to move Wun Wun's body?

Just build the funeral pyre right around him in the court yard. Shovel his ashes when it's done. Added bonus: keeps the keep warm from the winter chills for a bit.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I thought Ramsey's plan was quite clever. Where he failed, was in sending scouts out to determine if that was the only fighting force in the area. Probably due to his arrogance.
Which was doubly odd seeing as he raided Stannis on the night before the battle.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The battle was so badly scripted it was the anti-battle of the Blackwater. How convienent that everyone died to form an 8 foot berm just behind everyone.

That was exactly the plan man. Just as Ramsey had scripted it. That's why he shot all his arrows into the battle to kill both Jon's and his own army; they made a point to emphasize this by having Davos stop his archers from shooting in fear of killing his own men -- a reasonable man would not shoot. But Ramsey, he had no problem sacrificing the lives of half his men to build a wall of bodies to trap John's army. He then brought in the shield wall to trap the Wildings; and specifically had the Karstarks go back up the other side of the wall to stop everyone else from climbing over. It was quite clever.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Fortune favors the bold.

She's been bold how often? Once? By confronting Jon about his plans. Maybe twice...when she stupidly told Littlefinger to piss off.

The key to Sansa is other people feel sorry for her and keep her alive. First Tyrion, the Littlefinger, then even Ramsey--in his own f#@ked up, tortuous way, then Theon, then Brienne, then Jon, then Littlefinger again, and so on.

So to recap the season---the Starks rise. Who'da thunk it?

Truth.

Reaction Score
What does the High Sparrow want? To control a king or follow his faith? I think everyone assumes it's the former, but if so he isn't doing a good job of it by forcing Ceresi to stand trial when the king is the product of incest. Next week should be interesting.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Which was doubly odd seeing as he raided Stannis on the night before the battle.

That is true. Perhaps he was so focused on toying with his 'prey', that he inadvertantly blocked all other things out. A weak hypothesis I know.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
What does the High Sparrow want? To control a king or follow his faith? I think everyone assumes it's the former, but if so he isn't doing a good job of it by forcing Ceresi to stand trial when the king is the product of incest. Next week should be interesting.

I haven't been able to figure this out for the life of me. Is he actually, purely genuine in his faith? His faith is real, but does it serve the dual purpose of pursing other aims as well? Perhaps his aim is to convert Westeros, and to do so requires holding the reigns of power.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Sansa told him to not give in to Ramsay's head games. She told him exactly what would happen to Rickon. Jon acted directly against Sansa's advice and stupidly and impulsively charged towards Ramsay's army, forcing his forces to follow him in to Ramsay's archers' rage where everyone was massacred. It's Jon's fault that all those men died; not Sansa's.

Good point. @August_West and @ are just haters. I am all in on Team Sansa now.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Good point. @August_West and @ are just haters. I am all in on Team Sansa now.
sansa-spoilers-gif.gif

Reaction Score
By the way, fan theory out there that Sansa is pregnant with Ramsay's kid. It would be the stupidest sociopath in the world.
Let me guess, it's based on him saying that he'll always be a part of her or something

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
anigif_original-grid-image-14169-1423255216-15.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom