GOT Season Six | Page 35 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while

Add sadistic lunatic to Sansa's qualities.

Jon Snow really screwed up that battle with his solo charge at Ramsay, and got about half his army slaughtered. So he had that going for him. Littlefinger had to save everyone's butt, and now they are all his beeatch

You think Sansa is the dumbest player in the Game but I bet even she would have thought to run in a f.u.c.king zig-zag.

How would a kid raised in a culture based on fighting not know to weave?

Overall, good episode.

Reaction Score
Littlefinger had to save everyone's butt, and now they are all his beeatch.
I'm the biggest Baelish fan here. But Sansa could rat him out to everyone, including Robyn, for killing Lyssa. Nobody likes him and will take any excuse to kill him. Honestly it very well may have been his best move, strategically, to let them all die at Winterfell, and the secret behind Lyssa's death would have died as well. As others have (not so gracefully) stated, she initially gave up all her leverage in episode 1. But now, albeit thanks to him, she is firmly planted back in Winterfell as the last surviving Stark. She will be Queen Elizabeth, and while she still has enemies, I wonder how long she will continue to need Baelish.

On to the preview for next week: noticed the white raven shot. I understand that that is the specific breed of raven that the Maesters send out to signal the change in seasons. I expect something relatively epic with the white walkers towards the end of the finale.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Big win for the white walkers, as about 6-7k fewer human soldiers exist in the north. Pretty dumb move by Jon, after he was fairly clever in challenging Ramsay to single combat.

Sansa's makeover is complete. Sorry August, she found the acorn and looked good doing it.

Dany and the Dragons are coming to Westeros. I wonder if Tyrion will get to ride one.

Big time "girl power" episode, Yara, Dany and Sansa all improving their positions. Next up is Arya. Walder Frey is going down. Remains to be seen if Cersei can pull a rabbit out of her dress, and what Margaery is planning.

Reaction Score
Sansa's makeover is complete. Sorry August, she found the acorn and looked good doing it.

The circle is now complete. When she left Winterfell, she was but the learner. Now she is a master

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
You think Sansa is the dumbest player in the Game but I bet even she would have thought to run in a f.u.c.king zig-zag.

Big time "girl power" episode, Yara, Dany and Sansa all improving their positions. Next up is Arya. Walder Frey is going down. Remains to be seen if Cersei can pull a rabbit out of her dress, and what Margaery is planning.

The circle is now complete. When she left Winterfell, she was but the learner. Now she is a master

Its so funny. Y'all got to struggle to find any redeeming quality in her. (and she doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the real grrrl powers in GoT)
If you think this is some sort of transformation you are in for a rude awakening. She is going to botch something up soon that will cost lives of all we hold dear. Put it in the bank.

You sansa fanbois are cute.

Reaction Score
Add sadistic lunatic to Sansa's qualities.

Eh. Feeding him all in one go to his own dogs was rather uninspired mercy for Ramsay. The least she could a done was feed him to them bit by bit, week by by week, with healing in between. I would a allowed him to live as a faceless, handless, footless, and cockless bag of stuff for a month or so before flaying him.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I'm the biggest Baelish fan here. But Sansa could rat him out to everyone, including Robyn, for killing Lyssa. Nobody likes him and will take any excuse to kill him. Honestly it very well may have been his best move, strategically, to let them all die at Winterfell, and the secret behind Lyssa's death would have died as well. As others have (not so gracefully) stated, she initially gave up all her leverage in episode 1. But now, albeit thanks to him, she is firmly planted back in Winterfell as the last surviving Stark. She will be Queen Elizabeth, and while she still has enemies, I wonder how long she will continue to need Baelish.

That ship sailed when Sansa confirmed Baelish's story about Lyssa Arynn's death to the Lords of the Vale. No one would believe her if she changed her story now. Littlefinger has

Littlefinger wants some kind of army in the north, plus Sansa alive to have some kind of claim on Riverrun (which may be why the Blackfish was killed off from a plot perspective).

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Its so funny. Y'all got to struggle to find any redeeming quality in her. (and she doesnt deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as the real grrrl powers in GoT)
If you think this is some sort of transformation you are in for a rude awakening. She is going to botch something up soon that will cost lives of all we hold dear. Put it in the bank.

If Sansa had just coordinated with Jon that Littlefinger was bringing a massive army up Ramsay's butt, Jon could have stalled another day, then caught Ramsay in the field before thousands were killed. Does anyone think Ramsay's army was going to fight to the death for him once it was clear he was surrounded and defeated?

Sansa was personally responsible for thousands of unnecessary deaths in that battle.

August_West

Reaction Score
If Sansa had just coordinated with Jon that Littlefinger was bringing a massive army up Ramsay's butt, Jon could have stalled another day, then caught Ramsay in the field before thousands were killed. Does anyone think Ramsay's army was going to fight to the death for him once it was clear he was surrounded and defeated?

Sansa was personally responsible for thousands of unnecessary deaths in that battle.

I like the cut of your jib.

And you are 100 percent accurate. Sansa doesnt care about the lives of the free folk or other Northern Houses only her own selfish revenge desires.
She would rather hide her ineptitude in secret at the cost of thousands than tell the truth.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Maybe my expectations were to high. The stupidity of the commanders was too much for me.

The dragon scene probably cost a fortune.

Reaction Score

We don't know that she knew Littlefinger would respond to her call for help. We never saw a return raven from him, so there's no way Sansa could have coordinated with Jon regarding Littlefinger's arrival. She tried to delay Jon's attack, maybe in order to wait for Littlefinger, but Jon overruled in his best Rumsfeld-voice saying you go to battle with the army you have.

Reaction Score
I like the cut of your jib.

And you are 100 percent accurate. Sansa doesnt care about the lives of the free folk or other Northern Houses only her own selfish revenge desires.
She would rather hide her ineptitude in secret at the cost of thousands than tell the truth.

You both aren't giving her enough credit. With his full army intact, Jon Snow was the leader of the Stark clan. With Snow's Army reduced to a bag of leftovers, and the win totally based on the Vale showing up, Sansa is now the leader of the Stark clan.

She sacrificed lives for her own gain. I would think that means she is now a player. Just like her older brother sacrificed the lives of a few thousand northern soldiers in the fake attack that divided the Lannister army and let to his biggest victory and the capturing of Jamie.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
That ship sailed when Sansa confirmed Baelish's story about Lyssa Arynn's death to the Lords of the Vale. No one would believe her if she changed her story now. Littlefinger has

Littlefinger wants some kind of army in the north, plus Sansa alive to have some kind of claim on Riverrun (which may be why the Blackfish was killed off from a plot perspective).
What DOES Littlefinger want? Question was brought up in the previews for next week.

I would think he's smart enough to know that being an actual king tends to lead to certain death, so why not negotiate some cushy lordship or advisory role? He can live a good easy life.

Problem is I think he really does want Sansa.

Reaction Score

You can lean on that, hoping you'll be right....but the fact is, she has risen from some serious with Joff and Ramsey to a pretty powerful spot in the North right now. Your argument against her lost a lot of water last night, friend.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score

Not a fanboy but she's bottomed out and even turned her ship around. Took a damn long time though.

Reaction Score
Why do you think she kept trying to stall Jon? Y'all think so one dimensional. She's an idiot, a child looking for justice and an aspiring Lord. She's desiered so she'll be there until the end. Even Ramsey wasn't going to kill her if he won the battle.

Did they have to strap the 10 year old from Bear Island to a horse? There must have been a production assistant just off shot propping her up there.

August_West

Reaction Score
You can lean on that, hoping you'll be right....but the fact is, she has risen from some serious with Joff and Ramsey to a pretty powerful spot in the North right now. Your argument against her lost a lot of water last night, friend.

If there was a sizeable amount of money involved you wouldnt bet against it, would you? 'nuff said.

Reaction Score
How the heck are they going to move Wun Wun's body?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Ramsey got his, great. Dany looks to be finally on the move, great. Starks back in control of Winter fell with Arya on her way home, great.

The battle was so badly scripted it was the anti-battle of the Blackwater. How convienent that everyone died to form an 8 foot berm just behind everyone.

I'm not liking the parts written by the TV people. They make GRRM seem rational with his artistic choices. And why the repeat of Stanislaus saving the watch north of the wall? Could have The Vale arrive two minutes earlier or have Jon awake to them already taking it to Ramsey? Could have gone a dozen different ways with this.

The killing of Rickon was a nice final jerk move by Ramsey, but as others have said, zig zag you dummy.

I'm anxious to see Littlefinger's response next week as well as the resolution of the High Sparrow arc. Holding out hope for Cleganebowl, but may have to wait.

I think Arya may end up in Dorne, or take over the LSH role in the story.

Can't wait to see what the Frey's have for dinner.

How does Vale become Cake, stupid autocorrect.

Reaction Score

If Ramsay saw the Knights of the Vale in the field, he would have retreated to the castle and forced a long siege.

Reaction Score

Yeah. Surprising as it is that an adult might prove more competent than a teenager, that's the case with Sansa.

So to recap the season---the Starks rise. Who'da thunk it?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I was gasping for air when Jon was getting trampled... Some great cinematography.
My thoughts too while watching that battle. IMHO this matches any film for medieval warfare, there are probably many examples of great directing to show the brutality and scope of it, but this battle scene had a lot of breadth and evolution to it which heightened the visceral feeling of it. The directors knocked it out of the park.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom