GOT Season Six | Page 23 | The Boneyard

GOT Season Six

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I am not going to have an argument with you over whether a TV character is technically a sociopath. Arya's body count is big and going to get a lot bigger. Call her what you want.

I did. She's a girl training to become an assassin that kills sociopaths. Her whole list is made up of genuine sociopaths. I mean, she's basically Batman...Bruce Wayne at least at this point.

Reaction Score
The more I think about it, the more I think the High Sparrow is going to meet the Seven sooner than later. That scene two weeks ago with Margaery and Loras was for her to realize he is lost. But the High Sparrow probably thinks that Loras can be a hostage to use against the Tyrells. Tommen will take about 10 seconds for Margaery to turn back (In his defense, there isn't much I wouldn't do to keep having intercourse with Natalie Dormer), and then they will unleash a beating on the High Sparrow, and attempt to put Cersei out to pasture.

Jon and Sansa are not exactly top tier lobbyists. Salesmanship is one of the many holes in the Starks' skill set. Ned couldn't convince anyone to support him against the Lannisters even though everyone hates the Lannisters and figured that the kids were born of incest. Katlyn couldn't convince her own sister to keep the Imp or Renly and Stannis to focus on the Lannisters. Robb was the best salesman of the family, but he still screwed it up. Sansa accomplished absolutely nothing in Kings Landing, and to be honest made me feel a little sympathetic to Joffrey. Bran and Rickon haven't really been given a chance, and Arya is a sociopath.

No one thought the Lannister kids were anyone's but Roberts. Ned spent the entire first book and season unraveling that secret, and when he discovered it he was killed for trying to put Stannis on the throne before he let the cat out of the bag. He told Cersei he knew about her secret, in order to give her a chance to flee and save the lives of her kids, and that's why he died.

Reaction Score
Re: Joffrey. I have a little sympathy for him, not a lot. I would probably be a little crazy if someone told me that I had to marry Sansa.

Think about how Sansa would feel. Of all the suitors in all the world, she gets stuck with Waylon when she could have just stayed with Ramsay or Joffrey.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
No one thought the Lannister kids were anyone's but Roberts. Ned spent the entire first book and season unraveling that secret, and when he discovered it he was killed for trying to put Stannis on the throne before he let the cat out of the bag. He told Cersei he knew about her secret, in order to give her a chance to flee and save the lives of her kids, and that's why he died.

At least Stannis, Arynn, LittleFinger, Varys, and Lisa Arynn all knew for starters. Renly may have known. Once Renly knew, Loras knew and that meant the Tyrell's knew. The Lannister kid investigation was from the first person of the stupidest person in the book. Only Robert was a bigger idiot, and he had other issues.

Ned still couldn't make the sale.

Reaction Score
At least Stannis, Arynn, LittleFinger, Varys, and Lisa Arynn all knew for starters. Renly may have known. Once Renly knew, Loras knew and that meant the Tyrell's knew. The Lannister kid investigation was from the first person of the stupidest person in the book. Only Robert was a bigger idiot, and he had other issues.

Ned still couldn't make the sale.

Arryn was dead. Killed for knowing the secret. Stannis is the guy Ned tried to give the throne too. Did Stannis say no to the sale?

Renly did not know---he was informed in Season 2, Book 2, by Stannis. Lysa didn't know and she was already part of a LittleFinger (who did know) conspiracy to kill Arryn for knowing. A conspiracy which included lying to her sister in like chapter 2 in order to set House Stark and House Lannister against one another.

Honestly, it's not hard to knock Ned if you want. You shouldn't have to gild the lily.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Fan theory that the Waif is Arya's Tyler Durden. I don't buy it, but interesting theory.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Well we overestimated arya and underestimated the waif.

At least someone got it in the belly.

Little girl Mormont for the win. Best part of a lackluster episode.

Also enjoyed queen of thorns eviscerating Cersei until she cried

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hound reintroduction was kinda meh

You sound like the wife. First, it was consistent with the source material. Second, you need transition episodes and plot development now and then. The season has spoiled people into thinking something BIG will happen every episode. I enjoyed it just fine.

Reaction Score
Oh, and how do you like my Sansa now? The brains behind the recapture of Winterfell, thank you very much.

Reaction Score
Oh, and how do you like my Sansa now? The brains behind the recapture of Winterfell, thank you very much.
How? Not sure the Knights of the Vale change the tide that much when your force is essentially 2,000 wildlings, and the Blackfish certainly can't help; currently under a massive Lannister siege and there's that whole bit of having to cross The Twins to go North.

Reaction Score
How? Not sure the Knights of the Vale change the tide that much when your force is essentially 2,000 wildlings, and the Blackfish certainly can't help; currently under a massive Lannister siege and there's that whole bit of having to cross The Twins to go North.

Well, I assume it's got something to do with Littlefinger, but either way, that letter of hers is either going to prove instrumental or detrimental to success. I say the former because (1) I think the character development is headed towards Daughter of Littlefinger and (2) it'll piss off August.

August_West

Reaction Score

Oh you mean the letter she had to write because she refused the offer the first time which was bad enough, but then also withheld it from Jon? And sends it now when it makes everything more difficult?

Also she can't even stamp a raven note properly.

Reaction Score
Oh you mean the letter she had to write because she refused the offer the first time which was bad enough, but then also withheld it from Jon? And sends it now when it makes everything more difficult?

Also she can't even stamp a raven note properly.

You've got it. That one. Except you don't know what she wrote. She's outsmarting them all. You included. Watch and see.

Go Sansa, it's your birthday . . . .

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Whelp, the Brotherhood done fukked up.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Like I said, Starks can't sell for s$#%. Sansa is like that 28 year old former first round draft pick that is still a spot starter and middle reliever. She is still in the majors, but at some point, you have to acknowledge that she just isn't a star player in the game.

Margaery, on the other hand, is Greg Maddux in his prime. Queen of Thornes is ranting and raving about saving Margaery and Loras, and Margaery passes a note saying "grandma, you can go, I got this". Margaery doesn't need Queen of Thorns or the army. The coolest part of that scene was the look of pride on QoT's face when she looked at the picture.

The Hound making a comeback was strange. I know a lot of AFFC had strong anti-war themes which didn't make it into the show, but i was still surprised to just be dabbling in it with the Hound this late in the game. I don't like unkilling characters either.

I wonder if one or both of Cersei and Jaime are going to get it at the end of this season. The QoT's rant against Cersei was a lot like the Blackfish's rant against Jaime. No one fears those two any more. Tommen is in charge, Kevan has Tommen's ear, Cersei has no real role at all, and Jaime has been demoted to a field commander. I think Jaime is going to lose at Riverrun.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Quick thoughts:
  • I really want to see what the cunning Margaery is planning. She's freaking awesome.
  • Arya isn't dead yet. Round two coming up.
  • Sansa obviously asked Littlefinger for his army, wonder what she gave up in leverage by doing it this way instead of accepting it as forgiveness for selling her to a sadistic monster.
  • The hound is going to kill those three guys...and then he's coming for others. Like Arya, I think he's got a list. Could he face the Mountain in Cersei's trial by combat, representing the High Sparrow? It seems too convenient that he ended up with a septum.
  • No Dany and the Dragons. Meet up with Yarra next week perhaps.
  • Jamie is pretty well stuck. I think the Blackfish is sitting in pretty good shape.
  • No Bran. I'm wondering when we get the Jon Snow Targarean reveal.

August_West

Reaction Score
No Tyrion two weeks in a row if I remember correctly.

Mereen: where character plots go to die.

Reaction Score
Quick thoughts:
  • I really want to see what the cunning Margaery is planning. She's freaking awesome.
  • Arya isn't dead yet. Round two coming up.
  • Sansa obviously asked Littlefinger for his army, wonder what she gave up in leverage by doing it this way instead of accepting it as forgiveness for selling her to a sadistic monster.
  • The hound is going to kill those three guys...and then he's coming for others. Like Arya, I think he's got a list. Could he face the Mountain in Cersei's trial by combat, representing the High Sparrow? It seems too convenient that he ended up with a septum.
  • No Dany and the Dragons. Meet up with Yarra next week perhaps.
  • Jamie is pretty well stuck. I think the Blackfish is sitting in pretty good shape.
  • No Bran. I'm wondering when we get the Jon Snow Targarean reveal.

Arya's stabbing just ups the stakes for the Faceless Men. They'd be better off if Arya had gotten the better of the waif straight out. When you strike at a queen, you must kill her.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Not surprised Arya got dinged by the waif. I was surprised how careless Arya was and how serious the wound appears to be.

Then I thought that most of her advancement had been through fortune or the help of others.

So the question is, "Who is roaming around Braavos that can get her fixed up enough to kill the waif.

August_West

Reaction Score
Not surprised Arya got dinged by the waif. I was surprised how careless Arya was and how serious the wound appears to be.

Then I thought that most of her advancement had been through fortune or the help of others.

So the question is, "Who is roaming around Braavos that can get her fixed up enough to kill the waif.

Its a good question.

Also they made a real point of not just showing her getting stabbed but to show the waif actually hold the knife deep and twisting it. Thats usually a death blow.

Is she going to meet a red woman? Who else can heal something like that?

August_West

Reaction Score
You've got it. That one. Except you don't know what she wrote. She's outsmarting them all. You included. Watch and see.

Go Sansa, it's your birthday . . . .

On the GoT candlepower scale I put Sansa slightly below Hodor, just above the Zombie mountain.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

I thought of that and the answer that came to mind is the actress, Lady Crane. Arya is now "dead" as far as the faceless know. She'll have time to heal. So she's essentially faceless too. They won't see her coming.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom