Goodman Preseason Top 50 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Goodman Preseason Top 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Given that Enoch is 6'10'', his easiest path for minutes would be to beat out Nolan for the backup center spot. That could happen.
The only thing about Enoch is his youth. I believe he is only 17 so he would be playing against much more mature players.

Reaction Score
Gibbs: 30
Purvis: 30
Adams: 25
Hamilton: 33
Miller: 27
Facey: 10
Brimah: 25
Nolan: 5
Enoch: 5

10 minutes extra to spare

If these numbers had represented projected points per game you would have easily earned a "like". . .

Reaction Score
With UConn teams in recent years its not about who start but who finishes. Sure King Charles started games in 2011 but do you have any memories of him doing anything important down the stretch? No, because it was Kemba, Bazz, Lamb, Roscoe, AO closing games. Ollie will determine who is closing games and it may look way different than a traditional starting 5.

Reaction Score
BoatShow said:
With UConn teams in recent years its not about who start but who finishes. Sure King Charles started games in 2011 but do you have any memories of him doing anything important down the stretch? No, because it was Kemba, Bazz, Lamb, Roscoe, AO closing games. Ollie will determine who is closing games and it may look way different than a traditional starting 5.

Actually, yes. He guarded Derrick Williams in the last 5 minutes of a two-point win that got us to the Final Four. It's a great example of a role player called into duty in crunch time and coming through with an important contribution.

Reaction Score
Actually, yes. He guarded Derrick Williams in the last 5 minutes of a two-point win that got us to the Final Four. It's a great example of a role player called into duty in crunch time and coming through with an important contribution.
MY BAD. Olander was probably starting over Chuck by then anyways. Looking at the box for that game TO started and played 5 minutes and Chuck came off the bench and played 24 minutes still proving my point.http://espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=310850041

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Two things come to mind: 1. With only 2 point guards on the roster, UConn will have great difficulty managing an injury to either one of them. Oh for another Craig Austrie to come along. 2. Who will be the best able to handle being the sixth man? Conversely, who will be the least able to handle not starting?

Regarding 2, I have no idea who would best handle not starting, although the freshman could be the choice for no other reason than that. It might be a problem for KO to handle if Jalen comes in and shows he is the best player or the best guard on the team. I think that Rodney will need to start as his confidence is a major factor in how he will play. He seems to have become the social leader of the team (no idea if this is really true, just seems like it) and KO's success in selling a "team first" mentality may be the most important thing.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
@JonRothstein: All four of UConn's newcomers - Jalen Adams, Sterling Gibbs, S. Miller, and Steve Enoch - will contribute in 15-16. Huskies are Top 20 good.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think our top 6 is clear and starting doesn't mean that much.
I think our 7th player is Facey over Enoch
Without TSam, Sam II becomes our 3rd PG when injuries and fouls add up. Probably our most vulnerable spot which is fantastic. Last year our 2nd PG was a huge vulnerability.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I think our top 6 is clear and starting doesn't mean that much.
I think our 7th player is Facey over Enoch
Without TSam, Sam II becomes our 3rd PG when injuries and fouls add up. Probably our most vulnerable spot which is fantastic. Last year our 2nd PG was a huge vulnerability.

I hope the Sam can really play some PG at this level. He didn't seem to have the quickness to get past or around people with the ball.

Reaction Score
@JonRothstein: All four of UConn's newcomers - Jalen Adams, Sterling Gibbs, S. Miller, and Steve Enoch - will contribute in 15-16. Huskies are Top 20 good.

I hate to be critical of a positive quote from a national guy, but to say Uconn will be a top 20 team isn't exactly going out on a limb. Even with very little improvement from our current players Uconn would probably be a top 25 team next year because gibbs replaces most of what boatright gave and obviously miller, enoch, and adams will add quite a few wins. then there are a bunch of scenarios where players make major leaps or adams proves to be a freshman stud and the team is top 5 in the country.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I hope the Sam can really play some PG at this level. He didn't seem to have the quickness to get past or around people with the ball.

I am skeptical too. That is why I wished TSam stayed. (But I understand why he left.) Much better to worry about our 3rd string PG than our 2nd string PG though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom