Goodman Preseason Top 50 | The Boneyard

Goodman Preseason Top 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks it's crazy that Purvis would come off the bench?

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff-goodman/insider/post?id=5033

20. UConn Huskies

Projected starting lineup: G Sterling Gibbs, PG Jalen Adams, SF Daniel Hamilton, PF Shonn Miller, C Amida Brimah

There are a bunch of scenarios for the starting lineup, but what is clear is that the Huskies have some depth. Rodney Purvis could start, and so could Kentan Facey. Miller and Gibbs are fifth-year transfers who will help immediately.

Other AAC Teams:
19. SMU
29. Cincy
37. Memphis

Reaction Score
Goodman tweeted out that Adams is "so good" and better than Purvis

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Jalen is from Massachusetts, so you know Goodman is going to slobber all over him.

Reaction Score
My feeling is that its going to be real difficult for Ollie to keep Jalen off the floor. It wouldn't shock me, depending on our opponent, to have a 3 guard set and push Dham to the 4. If Brimah ever learns how to rebound, this could be a crazy fast and athletic lineup.

Reaction Score
My feeling is that its going to be real difficult for Ollie to keep Jalen off the floor. It wouldn't shock me, depending on our opponent, to have a 3 guard set and push Dham to the 4. If Brimah ever learns how to rebound, this could be a crazy fast and athletic lineup.

Really like this lineup. Guess it depends on how Miller plays too

Reaction Score
gwhuskyfan said:
Goodman tweeted out that Adams is "so good" and better than Purvis

I hope he's right about Adams being better since that makes us really good. But it's safe to say that Kemba was better than Austrie too. Not meant to be a knock on Austrie.

Purvis will also probably be needed on defense - I imagine he will get the top scorer at the 2/3.

Reaction Score
lets not let goodman turn this into a bad thing... having a capable starter off the bench is good, and necessary to win a title. Last year there was no sixth man, it was a 6'4 guard who couldn't throw a rock into the ocean or dribbling w/o stiff arming the opposition.

moving on, duke at 5? isn't that a little insane? I love the reclassified pg thorten, but ingram is far from instant impact a la winslow (much much thinner less physically ready). an amile jefferson/inghrim frontcourt is atrocious

Reaction Score
gwhuskyfan said:
Really like this lineup. Guess it depends on how Miller plays too

Purvis is really more of a college 3 anyway. That lineup would make a lot of sense, but at the same time we hope that Miller and Brimah are playing well enough to demand minutes down the stretch too. Having six guys worthy of crunch time minutes is a good problem - can adjust matchups or sit someone with foul trouble (or handle it if someone fouls out).

We can also hope Cassell can stand in the corner and knock down a clutch 3 and Facey can grab some big rebounds and get a put back so we have even more options. Rather have that issue than try to figure out who the heck deserves to be out there.

Reaction Score
Other teams on UConn's schedule:
#1 Maryland
#35 Georgetown
#43 Texas
#45 Ohio State

Battle 4 Atlantis field:
#12 Gonzaga
#15 Michigan
#21 Texas A&M
#34 Syracuse

Having only one guaranteed top-25 opponent makes it that much more important to win in Atlantis and at least give us a chance at those juicier matchups.

Reaction Score
lets not let goodman turn this into a bad thing... having a capable starter off the bench is good, and necessary to win a title. Last year there was no sixth man, it was a 6'4 guard who couldn't throw a rock into the ocean or dribbling w/o stiff arming the opposition.

moving on, duke at 5? isn't that a little insane? I love the reclassified pg thorten, but ingram is far from instant impact a la winslow (much much thinner less physically ready). an amile jefferson/inghrim frontcourt is atrocious
Thornton/Allen
Kennard/Jones
Ingram
Obi/Jefferson
Jeter/Plumlee/Vrankovic

Ingram is really good. Obi may be the best big man in the ACC. Thornton is the best freshman PG. They have the proper role players, and Allen and Kennard can get buckets. Duke has a FF roster.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
The fact that Goodman can't assess strategic need of having your 2nd best ball handler come off the bench to replace the 1st, rolling the best ball handler to the two guard as Uconn has done for over a decade shows how incompetent he is.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who thinks it's crazy that Purvis would come off the bench?

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/jeff-goodman/insider/post?id=5033

20. UConn Huskies

Projected starting lineup: G Sterling Gibbs, PG Jalen Adams, SF Daniel Hamilton, PF Shonn Miller, C Amida Brimah

There are a bunch of scenarios for the starting lineup, but what is clear is that the Huskies have some depth. Rodney Purvis could start, and so could Kentan Facey. Miller and Gibbs are fifth-year transfers who will help immediately.

Other AAC Teams:
19. SMU
29. Cincy
37. Memphis

Was Tulsa not on the top 50? I definitely see them the top 40.

Reaction Score
Other teams on UConn's schedule:
#1 Maryland
#35 Georgetown
#43 Texas
#45 Ohio State

Battle 4 Atlantis field:
#12 Gonzaga
#15 Michigan
#21 Texas A&M
#34 Syracuse

The fact that he has Maryland #1 and Georgetown #35 just shows you how insanely middle-heavy college basketball is going to be next year. Go look at what those teams were last year and what they return - damn near identical. Granted, Maryland brings in a couple blue-chip newcomers, but I'd be willing to bet the line on that game on a neutral court is no more than Maryland -5.

Reaction Score
Thornton/Allen
Kennard/Jones
Ingram
Obi/Jefferson
Jeter/Plumlee/Vrankovic

Ingram is really good. Obi may be the best big man in the ACC. Thornton is the best freshman PG. They have the proper role players, and Allen and Kennard can get buckets. Duke has a FF roster.
i forgot about chase jeter. Still will have to respectfully disagree on that being a ff potential roster. that batch of guards is not doing it for me, and losing the ridiculous offensive anchor that was okafor will show.

Reaction Score
Purvis will probably start but I'm okay either way. Its def a great problem to have. If Purvis does start he can't make those dumb turnovers with Adams waiting to come in.

This team is deep so if your not producing your coming out Ollie has options at all postions he didnt have in the past.

Reaction Score
OkaForPrez said:
The fact that Goodman can't assess strategic need of having your 2nd best ball handler come off the bench to replace the 1st, rolling the best ball handler to the two guard as Uconn has done for over a decade shows how incompetent he is.

I think you're overcomplicating a pre-season ranking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom