Goodman: Hurley to Uconn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Goodman: Hurley to Uconn

Reaction Score
Feels fantastic. This made too much sense to not happen and even though he may not turn out to be the best coach in the world, it would have stunk to lose him. It would have said an awful lot about our situation. We're not dead yet.

I'm excited about his recruiting ties to the Northeast. His fire and minor insanity on the sideline will be a welcome sight. He was the best candidate for the job.

Dan Hurley would be a recruiting force at UConn or Pitt, college, high school and AAU coaches say | Zagsblog

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20180322-084531.png

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
no. just haven't had an exciting moment in many seasons considering how badly we were losing. I know that hurley is a born winner. get ready for our dumpster fire to turn around, just won't be overnight folks
Easy Jr. The guy hasn't won anything but a huge pay raise. I think he will be a good coach at UConn and I want him to be the best coach at UConn BUT as far as a winner - that he has to prove.
Wagner and URI aren't big time and this is his 1st time in a big stage
I wish him the best of luck and for my sake I pray he turns out to be awesome
But I am not jumping around and beating my chest until I see some results - 2014 wasn't that long ago

Reaction Score
Don't know why everyone is so happy, I know what this guy has done, but for me he has to prove himself before I consider him an answer. Also anyone is an upgrade over what we just went through. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see this guy as the answer. You heard it here first.I expect average at best.
There is always one guy that had to piss in the street as the parade goes by...you're that guy...

Reaction Score
A reasonable, and seemingly sourced, post from the Rhody board. Sounds like Moore is on board as well. If the poster is right, sounds like the URI recruits were being told that something like this could happen and infers that they would stay. I guess the next few weeks will tell that story.

Postby rambone 78 »

I think the scope of URI's offer made Dan pause, before he ultimately took the job he was going to take for a while according to my source.

Yes things were in the works for a while. Moore is going with him. As for my source, this guy has been on point almost without fail.

The players have also known what's going on. Even the recruits were told when they were being recruited, that Cox would take over at some point and if so, they would stay.

So it's time to move on....URI will honor those enhancements that they offered Dan, to Cox and to whoever he hires as assistants. Not sure if Boswell will be staying.

As for Cox's salary, it won't be what they offered Dan, but it will be pretty generous. Should be a pretty smooth transition. Thanks to Dan for that.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hurley bring in your recruits. Will his assistants come with him? I’m thinking yes but anyone know

Reaction Score
Hurley bring in your recruits. Will his assistants come with him? I’m thinking yes but anyone know
saw something somewhere where it said that Tom Moore should come but his other assistant David Cox is questionable if URI decide to promote him.

Reaction Score
From a different poster. Sounds like there may be possibilities with player movement...

Regarding recruits and current players, we all know they are very loyal to Dan so this could be a big hit to the program if we lose even just 2 or 3 of those. I’m concerned about Fatts (very close to DH), Adams (chose URI because of the “family” atmosphere) and Harris (biggest recruit in years and possibly a program changer). This sucks big time!

Reaction Score
Lol...sadly giggling at post/avatar.

Anyone know how to change your handle name? Olliewood216 is clearly done...hoping my HurleyMan216 name can last for the next 20 years

Reaction Score
Some of the posters on the URI board are trashing Hurley because of the improvements and enhancements that the admin pledged to him....suggesting it would've made the two programs similar. This guy has a more objective view.

Blue Man wrote:
URI_05 wrote:He’s just like the rest of them. Just talked a better game.

Completely wrong. He wanted the same commitment to the program that he gave. UConn was willing to do that. We can’t. We don’t have fans or donors that value this like they do.

It will look like he took the money but that’s just his agent doing agent things. This was on all the enhancements they were willing to do that we can’t or won’t.

Charters to all games are great. What about charters to recruiting visits? Being able to pay your assistant coaches more is great. What about paying them enough where they view the job as a destination instead of needed to rehire every year or two? A plan for a practice facility is great. What about actually having one?

Plus the fan base. Ours sucks as a basketball school. It took 6 years, 2 A10 titles, and 2 NCAA victories for us to finally feel like wow maybe next year we’ll sell out our games. He’ll get that support from day one when he should’ve gotten that here.

Remember this feeling, and remember yesterday when so many people all of a sudden started to donate.

I guess the Baron 2.0 crowd finally got their wish though so there’s that.

Reaction Score
After reading the majority of their message board s*it all over our state and our program, I could care less if it all comes crashing down for them. I'm glad they achieved their ceiling of the 2nd round in the tournament.

It's time to see what Hurley can do at a real basketball school.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
MUGA!!!!!!!!

Make UConn Great Again.

Nice Job UConn!

Reaction Score
This is awesome. The first home run hire for the AAC this offseason. Let's get you guys back at the top.

Reaction Score
Great news! Now we can begin moving forward with the business of building a staff, team, etc. and not be in limbo.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't know why everyone is so happy, I know what this guy has done, but for me he has to prove himself before I consider him an answer. Also anyone is an upgrade over what we just went through. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see this guy as the answer. You heard it here first.I expect average at best.
Easy there Eeyore

Reaction Score
Six years, then he’ll go to Duke. If not before! When did the Boneyard start embracing Dookies? I thought we hated Everything Duke!
He went to Seton Hall , he is the blue collar Jersey kid not the blue blood Duke guy who is at ASU.
He is 90’s Old Big East Hurley ,competent but no superstar as a PG.
His coach was George Blaney in college,I think Blaney’s kid is on the staff and may also come to UConn.

Reaction Score
He went to Seton Hall , he is the blue collar Jersey kid not the blue blood Duke guy who is at ASU.
He is 90’s Old Big East Hurley ,competent but no superstar as a PG.
His coach was George Blaney in college,I think Blaney’s kid is on the staff and may also come to UConn.
I believe Blaney's son is on Providence staff

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom