Goodluck to UNLV | The Boneyard

Goodluck to UNLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

caw

Reaction Score
So does this essentially mean Devin Robinson to IU?

It means he's a bigger target for them. Of course it's not a bad thing because Robert Johnson was trying to get all three to play at IU. Maybe Robinson has the same good sense to not play for Crean.

Reaction Score
It's funny to me that people are panicking over the current recruiting class at UConn, meanwhile, Indiana is coming off their best season in ages and they've swung and missed on their top five targets.
I was going to post that also. Hoosier fans are going crazy tonight.

Reaction Score
It's funny to me that people are panicking over the current recruiting class at UConn, meanwhile, Indiana is coming off their best season in ages and they've swung and missed on their top five targets.
...and have had 2 guys decommit as well

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

How does that make our situation better?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
And UL had 2 top rated guards decommit after they won the NC.

Reaction Score
...and have had 2 guys decommit as well

A lot of Indiana fans are not at all happy with Crean. He could be on the hot seat in a couple years if he can't make it past the sweet 16 in the near future.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
A New England kid picks UNLV over Indiana.

Can't see any bad news in there for us.

Wait...

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
And UL had 2 top rated guards decommit after they won the NC.
That's because they are in the AAC! Doesn't matter one bit that those players start in the ACC!
Maybe I could spin this better. Those players committed thinking they were going to play in the AAC and realized they were going to play in the ACC!

Or maybe the conference doesn't have as much weight that people think! At least for men's bb. Or maybe UConn did just fine this recruiting season especially with all the uncertainty of a new coach and a new conference.

Reaction Score

Wait...
We haven't been involved with Okonoboh for a long time and were never too involved with him, being Oriakhi's cousin certainly didn't help us. As you've stated a million times we aren't getting top recruits because we are in this conference hell, luckily for UNLV they are in the ACC, that clearly explains why UNLV keeps getting good recruits.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I heard he chose UNLV because his mom really, really likes Tom Jones.

Drats. We're so unlucky.

Reaction Score
What exactly is our situation?

Best as I can tell, our biggest current worry is that we might not quite have enough depth in 2 years, but only if both Boat and DD leave. In which case we'll have a 2014-15 team with no seniors on it and can probably set up for a two-year run with a Purvis-Calhoun-Hamilton-Facey nucleus and whoever we develop around them (Samuel, Nolan, Lubin, Brimah, Tolksdorf), and hopefully another stud or two in the 2015 class.

We've been in worse shape than this.

Reaction Score

Wait...
At this point you're trying way too hard to have everyone else feel as pessimistic as you about the present and future of UConn basketball. I thought the Colson post yesterday was a bad look, this is just shameful.

Reaction Score
What exactly is our situation?

Best as I can tell, our biggest current worry is that we might not quite have enough depth in 2 years, but only if both Boat and DD leave. In which case we'll have a 2014-15 team with no seniors on it and can probably set up for a two-year run with a Purvis-Calhoun-Hamilton-Facey nucleus and whoever we develop around them (Samuel, Nolan, Lubin, Brimah, Tolksdorf), and hopefully another stud or two in the 2015 class.

We've been in worse shape than this.

Pretty good summary of the situation, IMO. Everything is always very fluid in today's world of college basketball because roster turnover rate is so high, but depending on early entrees, it isn't hard to see us contending for the next two-three years (and that's without considering the possibility of any more big time recruits signing). Reading this board, you would think the roster was littered with two and three star players, when in reality that's not the case at all. Worst case scenario, if both Daniels and Boatright, bolt, we have two five stars, two four stars, and a couple upper-end three stars (Samuel/Nolan) either committed or already on board. It's not like we're turning into Butler or Gonzaga here - we have talent, it's just a matter of whether we can add to it (and we have plenty of time to do so).

Reaction Score
I've said this before and I will stay with my thoughts, this kid reminds me a lot of his cousin..........physically gifted but his game is not overly impressive, especially offensively. I think there is a reason UConn was not recruiting him as hard as others......overrated I think in a big way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom