Goodbye SNY, Hello WFSB? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Goodbye SNY, Hello WFSB?

Reaction Score
A lot of those low level seats remain vacant during games. I i sit in those seats and there are very strict in prohibiting people from moving down and filling them up after halftime.
That’s a problem for the fans and the team. Fill the seats when the game starts. If someone wants to come late, make them wait a little longer while you empty their seat.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
In a case such as this, UCONN does not care about the picture quality or broadcasting acuteness, or THE FANS......They care about ONE THING: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
?

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
It would be hard for me to think that our CT Govt Officials would allow UConn WBB games not to be televised. I remember a years ago that there was a problem and a game or games would not be televised. Our Governor stepped in and made it happen. At that time it was said that over 65% of the people in CT were watching UConn WCBB. Keep the faith.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
The question that begs to be answered: why we don't know by now what the tv situation is. It's not conceivable to me that the University doesn't know what the tv broadcast package is, who will carry the games as well as who will be the on-air personalities. UCONN most surely knows the answers to the listed questions, why don't we?? :mad:

Reaction Score
It would be hard for me to think that our CT Govt Officials would allow UConn WBB games not to be televised. I remember a years ago that there was a problem and a game or games would not be televised. Our Governor stepped in and made it happen. At that time it was said that over 65% of the people in CT were watching UConn WCBB. Keep the faith.
Wasn’t that back in the Stone Age when CPTV broadcast the UConn Women’s games?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The question that begs to be answered: why we don't know by now what the tv situation is. It's not conceivable to me that the University doesn't know what the tv broadcast package is, who will carry the games as well as who will be the on-air personalities. UCONN most surely knows the answers to the listed questions, why don't we?? :mad:
I believe that Connecticut women's basketball games will be carried predominantly on SNY as they were in prior years. There will be a few games picked up under the Big East media contract in broadcast on one of FOX, FS1 or FS2. The only change that is happening is that SNY is, as of this date, no longer available on YouTube TV. It is available on Hulu live which is a similar service that is similarly priced.

The WFSB deal with the school is to present some school produce content on their linear television station. This is content equivalent to that which can be found on "UConn +" currently. WFSB will not be broadcasting the bulk of woman's basketball games, although it is possible they may pick up in early season game that neither the fox affiliates nor SNY wants.

None of that involves the school "withholding information". At least that's my understanding.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
No where has it been posted that SNY is not going to broadcast the UConn games. They still have a UConn logo on their home page and still are covering the WBB team.

Reaction Score
There is no article or proof that SNY Will not be broadcasting Uconn Women's Basketball. Only speculation and panic at this point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom