Good Recruiting News - CA's blog | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Good Recruiting News - CA's blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Yeah. But you got the lifetime Boneyard Magazine subscription back then that these new guys don't get!!!!
Yes, that is very true, although actually I bought seven lifetime subscriptions. What is also true is that I am still waiting for my December 2004 issue. (Can it really have been that long? Tempis fugit, for sure!)

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
I think Durr could be the pied piper. When clearly the best player in a class is a point guard, one who could turn a team into a NC contender, you would think were she goes others would want to go. A certain 6'3" ranked #2 wing on the west coast has said she want to play for a NC (I know they all do). If her USA teammate goes to Uconn, I like our chances she comes east. The #4 ranked player is 6'2, and the #5 ranked player is listed between 6'4" - 6'6". They all played together on team USA, and we will have plenty of roster room. If Ms Wilson comes in a year ahead of Ms Durr, and players are looking to go somewhere they could compete for a championship we become even more attractive.
No school or roster will make winning automatic, but going to Uconn, you will play for the coach that will bring out the best in you, and teaches you how to play the game on BOTH ends better than anyone in history ever has.
Great post. . You took the words right out of month. If I may add. IMO the kids who really want to win a NC, and want to become the best they can be will come to UConn. You cant argue with the results which UConn has made. I remember when TASK and Diana came and coaches and fans said how can UConn get any better and when you look at what Geno's built its amazing. Probably the most un talked about accomplishment that Geno has attained is being able to build stronger teams as the years move on. It's almost like Geno and UConn top their best team year after year. Yes there are some down years but over all UConn continues to set new records and this season we may be looking at the best team WCBB has ever seem on both sides of the ball.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Geno was in Milwaukee today to watch 2015 G Arike Ogunbowale in an open gym. I think he's in St Louis tomorrow for an in-home visit with 2015 W Napheesa Collier.

He's logging some miles.

More frequent flyer miles for GA. He is supposed to be in the OC this week. Geez, I wonder who he is meeting with?

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Wait just one minute..!! Geno was in Milwaukee and St. Louis recruiting? Then he went to Orange County, again to recruit?
And Mr. Husky Nan saw CD heading south to North Carolina/South Carolina? And Geno and Marissa had an in-house visit w/ Asia Durr?
How can this be...? I read somewhere that his Olympic commitment was going to prevent all this... Ok, I'm exaggerating, but after 30+ years can we just relax and assume Geno can actually recruit, golf and coach the Olympic team..!! In Geno we trust...!!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Some have joked saying that Geno is God. He indeed may be approaching omnipresence.

wallman

UCLA Bruin
Reaction Score
David you forgot about grape crushing and wine making and restauranteur, need we say more?

Reaction Score
Wait just one minute..!! Geno was in Milwaukee and St. Louis recruiting? Then he went to Orange County, again to recruit?
And Mr. Husky Nan saw CD heading south to North Carolina/South Carolina? And Geno and Marissa had an in-house visit w/ Asia Durr?
How can this be...? I read somewhere that his Olympic commitment was going to prevent all this... Ok, I'm exaggerating, but after 30+ years can we just relax and assume Geno can actually recruit, golf and coach the Olympic team..!! In Geno we trust...!!
In some prior posts, people have been talking about some cloning going on at UCONN's new facilities. Is it possible that there are more than one Geno out there? I'm just asking.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
In some prior posts, people have been talking about some cloning going on at UCONN's new facilities. Is it possible that there are more than one Geno out there? I'm just asking.

It's a fair question!

:cool:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Actually they are working on DT3.1 and MM23.5 at the moment. They figure they have at least 5 years before they start worrying about CD-beta and Geno2.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
More frequent flyer miles for GA. He is supposed to be in the OC this week. Geez, I wonder who he is meeting with?

Wondering if he'll be at Mater Dei on Sept 28 for the tournament. Several CA High Schools will be playing, including MD and Katie Lou. Geno may be also taking a look at a New Mexico player (Danni Williams) who is drawing some interest and who will be playing in the tournament.

If Geno is in CA, Mexico and the Fiba Americas tournament (Kia Nurse) may also be on the itinerary.

~*Jen*~

Mommy to the Mini Mojo Keeper
Reaction Score
Might as well finally get to my 100th post and make it a pointless one. I used to live in Douglasville. :cool: Hopefully this means some good mojo. ;)

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Wondering if he'll be at Mater Dei on Sept 28 for the tournament. Several CA High Schools will be playing, including MD and Katie Lou. Geno may be also taking a look at a New Mexico player (Danni Williams) who is drawing some interest and who will be playing in the tournament.

If Geno is in CA, Mexico and the Fiba Americas tournament (Kia Nurse) may also be on the itinerary.

Geno might be at Mater Dei on the Sept 28th weekend, however, KLS will be thousand of miles away in Indonesia playing for Team USA in the 3x3 world Championship that weekend. Now if Geno goes to Indonesia to watch KLS that would be something to write about.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno might be at Mater Dei on the Sept 28th weekend, however, KLS will be thousand of miles away in Indonesia playing for Team USA in the 3x3 world Championship that weekend. Now if Geno goes to Indonesia to watch KLS that would be something to write about.

You never know. I bet there will be college coaches who travel to Indonesia. I forgot about KLS in that tournament so your earlier post about Geno being in the OC this week makes sense.

caw

Reaction Score
Geno was in SoCal today. I know nothing about women's recruiting, but he was here looking at someone.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Geno was in SoCal today. I know nothing about women's recruiting, but he was here looking at someone.

Thanks for the info. No doubt he was looking at Katie Lou Samuelson, a junior at Mater Dei High School.

caw

Reaction Score
Thanks for the info. No doubt he was looking at Katie Lou Samuelson, a junior at Mater Dei High School.

Someone connected to the men's team at said school are who told me he was around, and got a photo with him, so that makes sense.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
UConns coaching staff working hard on getting top players. For those who were worried I think Geno and Staff know who they've got a shot at and are focusing on them. From what I'm reading wouldn't it be a steal to land Katie Lou and it looks like there is some interest from Durr, and Brown. As for Wilson. She would be a great get and after playing with are 3 on team USA and the UConn coaches showing her their top interest there isn't much more we can do but hope. Wilson and Brown would be a great combo.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Fullcourt has an update on A'ja Wilson. The report says Wilson still intends to announce next spring and plans to take 2 Official visits in October and 3 in January.

Wilson will be playing in an Altanta event Sept 27-29. Courtney Ekmark will also be in Atlanta. The report says Courtney will leave for Atlanta hours after her in-home visit with Geno. BTW, with Geno in Arizona next week I wonder if he'll head south to Xalapa, Mexico to check out the Fiba tournament wearing his USA BBall hat and scouting future opponents and wearing his UConn hat and watching recruit Kia Nurse play for Team Canada.

Wilson is being recruited by virtually every top program in the country but has yet to announce a top five. We spoke with Wilson via phone and she shared that several head coaches have made in home visits this month, including North Carolina’s Sylvia Hatchell, Baylor’s Kim Mulkey and Connecticut’s Geno Auriemma. Jeff Walz of Louisville is scheduled to make a visit at her school next week.

Wilson also said that she has no plans to sign during the early signing period and will take her time making a decision about her college future. She said she will take all five official visits and plans to schedule two of them during October and the remaining three in January. Wilson has already taken multiple unofficial visits to North Carolina, South Carolina and Clemson.

http://www.fullcourt.com/prep/24043...lanta-sept-27-29-ganon-baker-full-court-event

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Anyone that thinks they know where she is leaning is just making that up.

I think you're right. This may end up being the nationwide search for the school next door (South Carolina) but maybe not. If I'm thinking of disappointing local folks by not choosing the hometown school I might wait until the end of the school year to announce my decision. She may also want to see how certain teams play during the upcoming season. She's worth the wait.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
What bothers me about this is the comment of Geno ringing in my ears from a few years ago when he said that the best recruits he has had know very early that UCONN is the place for them. I am optimistic but keep hearing those words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom