Good Performance Tonight | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Good Performance Tonight

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
yep
when things got iffy in the 2nd half - RP came through in the clutch
Rodney played pretty much the same way in the ECU game he's played all season with the exception of the SMU game in which he let the refs get into his head.

It's amazing what happens when his shots go through the hoop for the team particularly when he can hit them at clutch times.

Reaction Score
Guess I saw a different game because when that lead hit twenty what I saw was a lot of play by our players on the offensive end that was one on one instead of setting up shots That led to a lot of transition scoring by ECU or our defense not being able to set up well. Kentan and Rodney were the only ones playing within the team concept during that stretch.
I think we've been spoiled with JC. A time out and a tongue lashing typically refocus things, unless the staff doesn't see what we see. But fatigue affects mental focus and I think the players were feeling themselves with that big lead. Thank goodness we didn't see any showboating with selfish play.

After all they're still kids when all is said and done.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I think we've been spoiled with JC. A time out and a tongue lashing typically refocus things, unless the staff doesn't see what we see. But fatigue affects mental focus and I think the players were feeling themselves with that big lead. Thank goodness we didn't see any showboating with selfish play.

After all they're still kids when all is said and done.
JC had a few seasons where his template for coaching did not succeed. As an example the 2009 season was a big failure. I felt he took too long to recognize that yelling at his players was having a negative impact on an already negative season. In other seasons it was very effective. This season and KO's first season would have been the wrong seasons for KO to go ballistic. Too many negatives surrounding the team that would take away all the positives that tongue lashing can afford.

I think you are correct about the mental focus and the kids getting giddy. I was getting giddy and I'm around age I believe.

C

chiller99.5

I will hold my tongue on Brimah from now on after watching the lazy performance by the 7 footer Washington for ECU.Washington showed zero skills and poor work ethic besides whining after every obvious call.

Reaction Score
I will hold my tongue on Brimah from now on after watching the lazy performance by the 7 footer Washington for ECU.Washington showed zero skills and poor work ethic besides whining after every obvious call.

Think I saw some decent things from the kid and he got nailed with one real bad one and a questionable one too. The block he made on the low block first half was clean. Also we doubled down on him mostly every time with face or Vance so I thought KO was well prepared. He has some decent footwork seen him before he can be a pretty good player and is a solid 7' tall. I'd take him.

C

chiller99.5

Think I saw some decent things from the kid and he got nailed with one real bad one and a questionable one too. The block he made on the low block first half was clean. Also we doubled down on him mostly every time with face or Vance so I thought KO was well prepared. He has some decent footwork seen him before he can be a pretty good player and is a solid 7' tall. I'd take him.

Well I saw a guy barely run down the court, and we were doubling down with guys he had height and size advantage, worst of all hes a Wake Forest grad playing his last year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
Personally I like KO's approach better than JC's. Hopefully KO will be as effective in instilling basketball toughness, in a more loving manner.
Which is more effective? I'll take the more effective approach. As long as it's legal and ethical.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom