Good People dont throw Good People to the floor. My thoughts | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Good People dont throw Good People to the floor. My thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
UConn lost... let it go!

* happens... blame the refs but calling BG names really look like sour grapes

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I rewatched the game tonight and right at the beginning of the second half Sims stole the ball from Hartley and while Sims was still in the air Hartley used her left arm to throw Sims to the court. And Sims wasn't too happy and all of her teammates came to help her up.

Quite frankly, there was much more intention by Hartley to take Sims down than there was in the play where BG was called for an F1.

Did anyone notice this play? If you have the game recorded check out the play at the about the 19:34 mark. I'm interested in the thoughts on that play. I think that play warranted an F1.
You're joking right. Not even close nor anything like the situations we are discussing. Two players going up for the ball. It is a foul plain and simple and it was called. One player Hartley using her arm and another player to get higher as both compete for the ball. Happens all the time and is a called foul under the rules. Hartley is completely focused on the ball. Neither of Griner's involved the ball at all. In 1) Stef is clear and breaking away. In 2) Griner intentionally wraps up Stef's arm stretching it across her chest and pulls and turns leveraging her to the floor. Light years of distance between the Griner's and Hartley's plays.

Take that trash out of here.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
You're joking right. Not even close nor anything like the situations we are discussing. Two players going up for the ball. It is a foul plain and simple and it was called. One player Hartley using her arm and another player to get higher as both compete for the ball. Happens all the time and is a called foul under the rules. Hartley is completely focused on the ball. Neither of Griner's involved the ball at all. In 1) Stef is clear and breaking away. In 2) Griner intentionally wraps up Stef's arm stretching it across her chest and pulls and turns leveraging her to the floor. Light years of distance between the Griner's and Hartley's plays.

Take that trash out of here.

I saw Hartley wrap her arm around Sims neck and throw her backwards. I guess we all see things differently.

Reaction Score
I agree Hartley caused her to fall, but otherwise it was just like Ice said. They were going for the ball.

Griner doesn't like it when another team or player makes things difficult for her. She's use to dominating and when that isn't happening, she gets frustrated and loses her self control. Luckily for Baylor, their domination this year has meant there aren't many times where she in that frustrating situation. ETT, Deflection - A defensive ploy of denying the validity of an act in which attention is diverted from an unpleasant situation by changing the subject.

You come here and try to deny that Griner made 2 dirty plays in the game by bringing up a situation in an attempt to justify Griner’s actions, and to deflect attention away. Unlike Griner, I don’t see Hartley’s name on any lists of dirty players.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I saw Hartley wrap her arm around Sims neck and throw her backwards. I guess we all see things differently.
Her arm was not around Sims neck it was over her shoulder and it was the shoulder that Bria pulled on that led the the fall and the foul.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom