Good News On Bouknight | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Good News On Bouknight

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I hope Hurley has been out recruiting guards because the ones we have are terrible ! This is the worse shooting team we have ever had ! Terrible ! He has not done too good recruiting guards.
I’m with you I think we’re a guard and a shooter short next year. Well roster 5 guards I think we should have 6 for the style we want to play.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Hurry back Bouknight we suck without you in the lineup. Our guards are terrible and no help on defense !!!
I hope Hurley has been out recruiting guards because the ones we have are terrible ! This is the worse shooting team we have ever had ! Terrible ! He has not done too good recruiting guards.
Two guards recruited by Hurley are currently sidelined with injuries.
we have two top 50 Gs signed for next year already
And a commitment last week from valued 2022 target Corey Floyd, Jr.

Reaction Score
This team is good enough to make it without Bouk.

They are bubble at best. As we can see vs lesser teams they can't make mistakes and the window for error, due to their inability to make plays on offense, is very small. They need to tread water or for now get their heads back above it with a 2-1 week to have a chance. Hopefully Bouk (and/or Andre even) is even coming back because news these days on the injury front is few and far between.

Reaction Score
Need a really fast, jet type to create and be able to finish some. Everything is sooo hard for this team. Hawkins is a 2/3 and long, Diggins is a smooth guy, still need a jet!! #BOATSHOW

Reaction Score
Would I rather have Jackson able to play than not? Of course I would. But having missed much of the pre-season and not been able to contribute before his injury, and then having sat a month, if we're relying on his return to make the team better this season we're in a world of trouble. I guaranty you the coaches aren't expecting his return to do that. Just to allow him to get a feel for the game and have a full offseason to get ready for next year.

Bouk, of course, is a horse of a different color.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They are bubble at best. As we can see vs lesser teams they can't make mistakes and the window for error, due to their inability to make plays on offense, is very small. They need to tread water or for now get their heads back above it with a 2-1 week to have a chance. Hopefully Bouk (and/or Andre even) is even coming back because news these days on the injury front is few and far between.

I don't know why, but as we saw last year, when several guys suddenly seemed to "get it", I think that is possible again this year.

Bouk hasn't played with this new version of Sanogo scoring inside. I think Cole has been a more reliable scorer as well. Gaff is showing signs of figuring out that he can penetrate and dish to bigs or get to the rim. Akok and Jackson would both help, as we need the defensive presence and help in the running game. Hurley seems to have figured out that his 1 big lineup is a train wreck.

I am cautiously optimistic.

Reaction Score
Why are we still calling this thread “good news on bouknight”- every time I see the title I get excited and think he’s coming back in a week or two- kill this. Sorry guys , I’m still salty after that Green Bay game yesterday. Our coach should have been fired on the spot for kicking that fg. OK that’s in another thread -I’m done LOL

Reaction Score
Why are we still calling this thread “good news on bouknight”- every time I see the title I get excited and think he’s coming back in a week or two- kill this. Sorry guys , I’m still salty after that Green Bay game yesterday. Our coach should have been fired on the spot for kicking that fg. OK that’s in another thread -I’m done LOL
Totally agree with your thoughts on the thread title. I will start a new one to hopefully move this conversation to a less-provocatively titled thread.

Edit: Here you go Player injuries and what might have been

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Would I rather have Jackson able to play than not? Of course I would. But having missed much of the pre-season and not been able to contribute before his injury, and then having sat a month, if we're relying on his return to make the team better this season we're in a world of trouble. I guaranty you the coaches aren't expecting his return to do that. Just to allow him to get a feel for the game and have aull offseason.

Bouk, of course, is a horse of a different color.

This. Jackson's season is basically a write off at this point. Any productivity is a bonus vice an expectation.

Reaction Score
Totally agree with your thoughts on the thread title. I will start a new one to hopefully move this conversation to a less-provocatively titled thread.

Edit: Here you go Player injuries and what might have been
Lol. Thx. All good. Like I said , I’m still getting over that Green Bay loss. A nice UConn W tomorrow night would make me feel better. Lol

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
This team is good enough to make it without Bouk.

I hope you're right, their last two games scare me

Maybe if the 2021 Whaley starts playing like the 2020 stretch run Whaley, maybe then they can be good enough without Bouk

Reaction Score
This. Jackson's season is basically a write off at this point. Any productivity is a bonus vice an expectation.
If Jackson can provide energetic and disruptive defense. Getting loose balls and into passing lanes .A decent floor game . It would be helpful.

Any incremental offensive impact would simply be a bonus.

Based on DH's Butler pre-game interview comments. Looks like he will be given the opportunity for Adama-type minutes once ready( per DH).

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
If Jackson can provide energetic and disruptive defense. Getting loose balls and into passing lanes .A decent floor game . It would be helpful.

Based on DH's Butler pre-game interview comments. Looks like he will be given the opportunity for Adama-type minutes once ready per DH.

Well, preseason Hurley said Jackson cold be one of the most impactful freshmen in the country and prodeded to yank Jackson quicker than any other player and then anchor Jackson to the bench. No way for a player to grow on the bench. To be fair, Jackson looked lost in the sauce on defense while out there and Hurley will not play someone who can't play defense.

Reaction Score

Based on DH's Butler pre-game interview comments. Looks like he will be given the opportunity for Adama-type minutes once ready per DH.

Well, preseason Hurley said Jackson cold be one of the most impactful freshmen in the country and prodeded to yank Jackson quicker than any other player and then anchor Jackson to the bench. No way for a player to grow on the bench. To be fair, Jackson looked lost in the sauce on defense while out there and Hurley will not play someone who can't play defense.
I agree with you.I saw what you saw. A little surprised by his pre-Butler comments but I think he's willing to try just about anything to re-establish some positive momentum.

Says he was brought in to be a foundational player for Program turnaround. Guess they're ready to throw him "in the water" when back from injury. Time will tell.

Risk/reward conundrum. Maybe he thinks that Jackson could occasionally provide a higher two-point shooting percentage proficiency than the current team without Bouk/AA.

Last edited:

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I hope you're right, their last two games scare me

Maybe if the 2021 Whaley starts playing like the 2020 stretch run Whaley, maybe then they can be good enough without Bouk
And the 2020 2nd half Gaffney. And the flashes of brilliant shooting Polley.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom