Good new Flagg article | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Good new Flagg article

Reaction Score
I have my reasons which i will reveal after he declares but i think hes coming here. Im almost as sure as i was when i said DC was coming here when people were worried about him going elsewhere. I say almost because i had no doubt DC would come here and im only about 90% confident on this call but im am confident nonetheless. If im right ill give up the secret sauce on how i figured it out. I think Flagg shocks everyone and comes to Uconn.
I think he’s coming also, but I think it’s gonna take something being just a little bit off during his Duke visit. If they don’t hit it out of the park, he’s ours.

Reaction Score
I like that his parents have only been to UConn and now have their visit to UConn ingrained in their minds, so that anything they see at Duke will be compared to what they’ve already experienced from our staff, who I trust to make them prefer UConn.
But his parents moved to FL and are selling their house in main. Transplanted to the south...if you wanna read those tea leaves, he is Dukie bound.

Reaction Score
Soo staff immediately went and saw him after the visit? And his mother seems to be liking a lot of UConn related stuff on social media? Some reason for optimism here.
And the parents haven’t even been to Duke yet. That could end up being something. It sounds as if Hurley is recruiting the parents. Could pay off

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
Soo staff immediately went and saw him after the visit? And his mother seems to be liking a lot of UConn related stuff on social media? Some reason for optimism here.

thread/post/avatar

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
And the parents haven’t even been to Duke yet. That could end up being something. It sounds as if Hurley is recruiting the parents. Could pay off
would be interesting to know if Geno stopped by for a chat with Mom

Reaction Score
Quoting from the locked thread below - Steve Pagliuca, Wyc's co-owner, actually played basketball at Duke. Can't work the Celtics angle...

always was and still is an uphill battle to get Cooper Flagg. I live here in Boston know some people that know the Celtics owner with a few degrees of separation. Maybe they can convince Wyc Grousbeck to mandate Tatum stay in Boston for a community event on Duke's First Night

Reaction Score
The hype of UConn basketball when we land this guy will hit levels it never has reached before and that's after 5 titles.

Reaction Score
Quoting from the locked thread below - Steve Pagliuca, Wyc's co-owner, actually played basketball at Duke. Can't work the Celtics angle...

always was and still is an uphill battle to get Cooper Flagg. I live here in Boston know some people that know the Celtics owner with a few degrees of separation. Maybe they can convince Wyc Grousbeck to mandate Tatum stay in Boston for a community event on Duke's First Night
I am honored. You quoted me except for the part about Pagliuca playing ball at Duke-I didn't know that.

Reaction Score
Growing up a college basketball fan in New England in the 80s, Duke was my dream school. No great reason - I just fell for Phil Henderson, Danny Ferry, Quin Snyder, the Cameron Crazies, and yes, Coach K. Then came Laettner and Grant Hill, and I was hooked. In 1992, I got a dream opportunity to spend a summer at Duke taking classes and, to my great surprise, I hated it. The campus is beautiful but the students were douchy and Durham leaves a lot to be desired. Great school, great tradition, but it wasn’t home. My “dream” school from afar was not so dreamy up close, living there night in night out. From that summer forward, I converted to UConn hoops. Although I got into Duke, I went somewhere else (in New England) and then to UConn for grad school in time for the ‘99 title where I watched from Gampel. To this date, I hate Duke.

If history repeats itself, Flagg is not going to Duke (though Providence may still be an option).

Reaction Score
I am honored. You quoted me except for the part about Pagliuca playing ball at Duke-I didn't know that.
He played freshmen basketball. Which I guess back then was a thing. His son went to Duke also and was a walk-on. Probably only because his father was on the board at Duke and gives them lots of money.

Did I ever mention the time I saw him on Sunday after the semifinal in 2004 in San Antonio? He was watching the high school game (forgot what it was called but it was international all stars vs. American all stars - Al Jefferson was in the game). He was watching with Danny Ainge. He saw my UConn shirt and sneered at me. It was awesome!

Reaction Score
Growing up a college basketball fan in New England in the 80s, Duke was my dream school. No great reason - I just fell for Phil Henderson, Danny Ferry, Quin Snyder, the Cameron Crazies, and yes, Coach K. Then came Laettner and Grant Hill, and I was hooked. In 1992, I got a dream opportunity to spend a summer at Duke taking classes and, to my great surprise, I hated it. The campus is beautiful but the students were douchy and Durham leaves a lot to be desired. Great school, great tradition, but it wasn’t home. My “dream” school from afar was not so dreamy up close, living there night in night out. From that summer forward, I converted to UConn hoops. Although I got into Duke, I went somewhere else (in New England) and then to UConn for grad school in time for the ‘99 title where I watched from Gampel. To this date, I hate Duke.

If history repeats itself, Flagg is not going to Duke (though Providence may still be an option).
How did you fall for Danny Ferry? I didn't think that was possible.

Glad you saw the light.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I think he’s coming also, but I think it’s gonna take something being just a little bit off during his Duke visit. If they don’t hit it out of the park, he’s ours.
Sort of agree. I think if everything goes well he's headed to Duke, but if they drop the ball at all, he's a Husky. Call it still a Duke lean but we've made up ground.

Reaction Score
I laugh how Kansas seems to be in every 5* recruit's final three or four? How can you be in everyone's final list? It can't possibly be a first one to commit situation. Kansas moves the pieces on the chess board. They must be great at making every top recruit think that they're the missing piece.

Reaction Score
I didn’t watch Duke very much last year, does anyone have a good read of Jon Scheyer as a coach?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom