Good new Flagg article | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Good new Flagg article

caw

Reaction Score
I didn’t watch Duke very much last year, does anyone have a good read of Jon Scheyer as a coach?

As a coach he did a decent job of making adjustments as the season wore on. Don't think he did as well as he should have with all the talent on that team though. Overall he's solid, not game changing right now, and could be very good, but he's living off K's rep with recruits right now.

Reaction Score
I understand we are all hyping the relationship with DC, but how much does that matter since if all goes according to plan DC won’t even be at UConn if Flagg were to chose us.
True but they’re likely having very deep conversations about the coaching staff, the culture, the fans, etc. There’s likely a high level of trust present. It’s one thing to get the sales pitch from a coach or a player. It’s another to get information and insights from essentially a very close family friend where a relationship has existed for many years. DC is trying to sell him but he and his father have Cooper’s best interests in mind too. They’re not going to sell a bill of goods and risk a relationship with their families.

Reaction Score
FWIW Trilly just missed a commitment. For everyone putting stock into his gifs, I would reconsider. These recruiting gurus are minimally better than 247, at least they don’t change picks once it’s obvious to boost their percentages, but they still are not close to infallible

Reaction Score
True but they’re likely having very deep conversations about the coaching staff, the culture, the fans, etc. There’s likely a high level of trust present. It’s one thing to get the sales pitch from a coach or a player. It’s another to get information and insights from essentially a very close family friend where a relationship has existed for many years. DC is trying to sell him but he and his father have Cooper’s best interests in mind too. They’re not going to sell a bill of goods and risk a relationship with their families.

You don’t know any of this. They’re not even close friends. Did you even read the article? His mom says “they hit it off” and it was like they had been friends for years. You’re imagining some deep connection that doesn’t exist.

Reaction Score
FWIW Trilly just missed a commitment. For everyone putting stock into his gifs, I would reconsider. These recruiting gurus are minimally better than 247, at least they don’t change picks once it’s obvious to boost their percentages, but they still are not close to infallible
So he's like 39 for 41 now. Obviously he's not perfect but acting like someone with 95% accuracy should be ignored and doesn't have info is just unbelievably stupid

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Something that I believe works in our favor...Cooper doesn’t like the limelight, he’s turned down every interview request he’s gotten for months. UConn will probably feel more comfortable to him. I’m sure Duke will be a circus when he’s there.

A part of me wonders, did DC say come here and we’ll play together, like our mothers did? There’s no guarantee DC leaves. Remember this is a kid that was so loyal to his high school he played public for 4 years.

Reaction Score
A part of me wonders, did DC say come here and we’ll play together, like our mothers did? There’s no guarantee DC leaves. Remember this is a kid that was so loyal to his high school he played public for 4 years.

Clingan is going to the NBA. Hurley knows it, Donovan knows it, and everyone on this board should know it. He will never play with Flagg in college.

We have real inside sources on here saying the Clingan connection isn't going to sway Flagg at all. Believe them.

pj

Reaction Score
Clingan is going to the NBA. Hurley knows it, Donovan knows it, and everyone on this board should know it. He will never play with Flagg in college.

We have real inside sources on here saying the Clingan connection isn't going to sway Flagg at all. Believe them.

It may not matter for the final decision, but it may have opened doors and gotten us into the running.

Reaction Score
It may not matter for the final decision, but it may have opened doors and gotten us into the running.

Yeah, it's possible. And that's not at all what I'm addressing.

NJHoops made it abundantly clear that Flagg isn't coming here because of Clingan. I don't know why people keep harping on the connection when it doesn't matter.

Reaction Score

NJHoops made it abundantly clear that Flagg isn't coming here because of Clingan. I don't know why people keep harping on the connection when it doesn't matter.
I refuse to believe it “doesn’t matter”. Hurley and the staff made him the host for a reason. The staff arranged the photo shoot for a reason. There’s been rumors that Clingan and Flagg talk everyday.

Will it be THE REASON he comes here? No. But I don’t know why you keep harping on it not mattering when the staff thinks otherwise

Reaction Score
I refuse to believe it “doesn’t matter”. Hurley and the staff made him the host for a reason. The staff arranged the photo shoot for a reason. There’s been rumors that Clingan and Flagg talk everyday.

Will it be THE REASON he comes here? No. But I don’t know why you keep harping on it not mattering when the staff thinks otherwise

Brought it up once and people responded to me. I wouldn't call that "harping on it."

Reaction Score

I can tell you he wouldn’t be coming here without Donovan.

Reaction Score
It matters, if he makes a pros and cons list, that connection makes the list in some shape or form. Even if it’s just if Hurley is good enough for the Clingans he’s good enough for us.

Reaction Score
Don't get your hopes up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231007_162700_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231007_162700_Chrome.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 322
Reaction Score
What I said was this (can’t quote it because every Flagg thread eventually gets closed), that the fact that they played together doesn’t mean all that much. The only way he ends up at UConn is if the coaching somehow outweighs every other Duke positive for him (and he likes that coach, too).

IMG_0290.jpeg

Reaction Score

Where are those rumors that they talk every day? Flaggs mom said they met when he visited.

Reaction Score
Where are those rumors that they talk every day? Flaggs mom said they met when he visited.
Somewhere on twitter. And the rumor implied since the visit that’s been the case

Reaction Score
This was the article, Zags said they speak often. It's a nice thing but I don't think it's particularly meaningful, and certainly isn't going to change his mind on a decision

Reaction Score
Call me naive. Call me a sucker. But I just get a feeling the we’re gonna shock the world. In my Khalid El Amin voice. Flagg seems like the kid that has no problem blazing his own trail. Kid from Maine will choose to put his region on the map. You heard it here first. Go Huskies!
I truly hope they’ve got this pitch for him. If he goes to Duke, he’s just another great one and done, even among great white tall players, they’ve got a full hand of those already. If he comes to UConn, and I think Clingan has likely given his experience being Mr CT, he will be instantly thrust into our pantheon of great players. Whatever crap NBA team he ends up with he will see UConn jerseys in the stand following his career. I truly feel he won’t get that treatment at Duke in 1 year, they’ve got a rich tradition of guys somewhat like him

Reaction Score
He can come to UConn and learn how to play hard and challenge himself. He can go to Dook and learn how to play soft no Defense ACC ball. Either way wherever he goes he will be loved and hated by his opponents. Hopefully his observations of our practice matter to him. If not, we'll be fine. Glad we are in it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom