Good bye Boneyard | The Boneyard

Good bye Boneyard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Good bye boneyard. I’m done with this site. The trolls have finally won. The people who started to poison the UConn well way before this season has finally gotten to me. I’m sick of being a fan of UConn and having to sort thru all the negativity to actually find out something here. For that reason I’m done with the site. Let it implode as I feel like some people want UConn to. It’s funny that for years it felt like it was UConn vs the world and that was great because when we were on top there was no better feeling. But now it’s just UConn vs it’s fans and a bunch of entitled ones at that. When your loyal you stick with something thru good times and bad. The fans of this site just want to turn their back to the program when times got tough. For that I’m out. Enjoy the eventual implosion.

Sincerely,

One less boneyard member

Reaction Score
Good bye boneyard. I’m done with this site. The trolls have finally won. The people who started to poison the UConn well way before this season has finally gotten to me. I’m sick of being a fan of UConn and having to sort thru all the negativity to actually find out something here. For that reason I’m done with the site. Let it implode as I feel like some people want UConn to. It’s funny that for years it felt like it was UConn vs the world and that was great because when we were on top there was no better feeling. But now it’s just UConn vs it’s fans and a bunch of entitled ones at that. When your loyal you stick with something thru good times and bad. The fans of this site just want to turn their back to the program when times got tough. For that I’m out. Enjoy the eventual implosion.

Sincerely,

One less boneyard member

See you in say...20 minutes? Peace out

Reaction Score

Sincerely,

One less boneyard member
Dude, you have a point. I also find most of the recurring negativity tiresome and demoralizing. It's really rather overwhelming at this point. I come on to read and/or post and it is predominantly a s%%tshow. There are many frequent posters that just keep saying the same s%%t over and over and over again. Their same opinion repeated ad nauseam. To what end, I am not sure. At some point or another it is just repetitive b%tch%ng which is just no way for men to act.

Everyone has their opinions and this is a fairly open forum. As some have stated, just because they wish to see major changes happen does not mean that they don't support the Uconn program. In fact, this is a very valid opinion, shared by many, and also opposed by many. Many very knowledgeable posters have shared their opinions in both respects, with solid reasoning, and potential outcomes of one course of action or another. All very readable and worthwhile posts.

What makes the Boneyard a not enjoyable experience at times, and especially lately, is basically the abusing of the Boneyard format, free expression, by a dozen or so of the most prevalent posters, all sharing a common, terribly negative outlook when posting. Facts and accuracy are fairly arbitrary; there is so much B.S. interwoven into their arguments, so much speculation passed off as the truth to be, that it makes their posting that much weaker and insignificant. It is just resoundingly negative with no upside.

There is no reason to share your same opinion over and over. It damages the integrity of the Boneyard, and the overall experience that most of us hope to find when we check in here.

Reaction Score
Should we kid ourselves and just sing kumbaya? It's not that we don't love UCONN & our Huskies ... But when we suck, shouldn't we say we suck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom