good article by Katz about drummond situation, clears up a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I like the last paragraph too.
Hell, I like the entire article!

Thank you for posting this :cool:

Reaction Score
Rhode Island might have been a nice spot for Wolf. Enosch must see big things happening for him next year in Storrs. :D hahaha

Reaction Score
Thanks, by any means necessary. Can't pass on Drummond, Bradley much props!!

Reaction Score
I forgot the posters name but the poster who had the insight from a friend inside the athletic dept was on target with this. I forgot the subject heading post. Basically it confirmed the speculation that UConn was trying to move Wolf before dealing with Bradley.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I forgot the posters name but the poster who had the insight from a friend inside the athletic dept was on target with this. I forgot the subject heading post. Basically it confirmed the speculation that UConn was trying to move Wolf before dealing with Bradley.
rayshuttersworth?

Reaction Score
if i were wolf id of left the program. he basically has 4 guys ahead of him so he`ll be lucky to get any minutes at all during BE play. yes he should gain some valuable experience in practice against those players but he wont see much pt. he doesnt look like he`ll ever be a nba player so he shouldve gone to another school had alot of pt over the next 3 years and maybe earned his way to an nba try out.

Reaction Score
I'm actually glad he stayed, not only because of the APR hit. Wolf will gain invaluable experience playing against AD and AO. Who knows, in three years he could get a look see from some NBA team. Who would have believed the Laker's second round pick this year!

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
4827725.jpg

Reaction Score
I hope he wasn't right about the supposed .6 gpa

C

Chief00

Wolf made a mistake staying. For it to be a potential APR hit wouldn't Wolf had been not on target academically?

Reaction Score

Wolf would be academically ineligible if that were the case.

Reaction Score
Wolf made a mistake staying.

If his goal is to win another national championship, no matter how much or how little he contributes during games, then what mistake was made?

Some guys know, and accept, that they are only going to be practice players, they're usually called walk-ons. Wolf just has the added benefit of a scholarship.

Reaction Score
If his goal is to win another national championship, no matter how much or how little he contributes during games, then what mistake was made?

Some guys know, and accept, that they are only going to be practice players, they're usually called walk-ons. Wolf just has the added benefit of a scholarship.
Agreed. Can't hate on the Wolf Man. Probably knows he's never going to the league. Maybe he just loves UConn, loves the team, etc. and wants to take advantage of a free education. Good for him.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
...or maybe he's been to Rhode Island. ;)

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Has anyone else noticed that Towson State's name always seems to come up when it comes to football and basketball players looking to transfer or actually transfering (at least UCONN players anyway). I wonder if Towson just waits to collect other schools' high D1 castoffs rather than wasting time and money recruiting high schoolers. It seems they should be able to field some good teams this way. I also wonder if the university or athletic department has contacts at Towson to explain why that university's name comes up so frequently with our transfers.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Wow - I just hate the comments in this thread. Why would any of you think Wolf made the wrong move? Good lord. He wants to be a Husky and he has 3 years (maybe 4 with a redshirt) to become a player. You can't teach 7' or 7'1 or whatever he is. Get stronger, get faster - play against NBA talent everyday and there's no telling what he can be. Look at Armstrong and how much developed from his 2nd to 3rd and 4th year. Anyone who isn't psyched to see a player not leave for a lesser program in order to increase his potential and at least get a degree is just ridiculous. We need guys like this on the roster. You can't have 13 (or 10) 5 star recruits. That doesn't make a team (see UK). We would not have won the championship last year without a senior called Chuck who never was in the discussion for going to the NBA. In 3 or 4 years, a guy like Wolf may be exactly what we need to get us over the top. More imporatantly, he's a freakin Husky. You support him, idiots!

OK - I'm just pissed at this thread - rant off.

Reaction Score
if i were wolf id of left the program. he basically has 4 guys ahead of him so he`ll be lucky to get any minutes at all during BE play. yes he should gain some valuable experience in practice against those players but he wont see much pt. he doesnt look like he`ll ever be a nba player so he shouldve gone to another school had alot of pt over the next 3 years and maybe earned his way to an nba try out.

His situation might not be as bad as many think. AD is probably a 1-and-done. Maybe he stretches it to 2 years, but I doubt it. Alex could develop enough to leave after this season, though I think he's a 4 year guy. At the moment we don't have any 2012 elite big in the fold. So until that happens Wolf could end up with Bradley, Tyler and Roscoe to compete with for one of the two post positions.

He could also take a red-shirt year to stretch out his eligibility, though I doubt that will happen. I think think his age will be an issue so I think he has 3 full years of eligibility left. He's better than most think, but with a mother load of talent ahead of him that will likely prevent him from seeing much of the floor this season, his development will be impacted.

With all this said, I see UConn getting a very good 2012 big, either Bennett or Stokes would be nice, followed by Nerlens Noels (He's a must get. I like him better than AD!) and maybe Kuran Iverson (though his stock in has dropped) in 2013, and how about Chris McCullough and Emeka's distant cousin Jahill Okafor in 2014. I'm sure I'm missing a few other big time big names we've been hearing.

I think if Wolf can take care of his business in the classroom, have a good attitude, works hard in practice, works hard to get in much better shape than he was when he arrived, and continues to work on his game, he can be a good player. He moves well for a kid his size. I don't know about his BBIQ, but I thought it was good. He's a legit 7 footer with solid athleticism. You don't find many of them. I think JC can develop him into a player. It's just a tough time to be a Husky Big Man since the addition of AD along with the returning front court players plus the long line of very talented bigs lurching in the shawdows might give Wolf more competition than he bargans for.

Reaction Score
The more size the better this could help push AD to toughen up for big east play, Wolf may not be very talented but 7'1 is 7'1 you cant find practice players that size. Who knows what happens if AD and/or AO get into foul trouble, I would like to see him get some serviceable minutes as a guy who can take charges, could afford picking up some hard fouls with him.

Reaction Score

I do regret posting a GPA as that isn't right, but I'm also glad that people might believe I wasn't trying to just start trouble by making stuff up. I'll make sure to use more discretion when posting stuff I hear. It's funny I think you might actually know the source UCDave

Reaction Score
Well, fortunately for his GPA, that's only from one semester. He's been taking classes over the summer as well, so he has plenty of opportunity to bring it back into the safe zone quickly. I'd hope, if that's really his GPA, some sort of staff member is on his ass to find his way to class.

Reaction Score
I do regret posting a GPA as that isn't right, but I'm also glad that people might believe I wasn't trying to just start trouble by making stuff up. I'll make sure to use more discretion when posting stuff I hear. It's funny I think you might actually know the source UCDave
Ha, got it. I think I know exactly who you're talking about lol

Reaction Score
"He's better than most think, but with a mother load of talent ahead of him that will likely prevent him from seeing much of the floor this season, his development will be impacted."

this is exactly why i think he shouldve moved on. i would want to become the best player i can be and you cant do that sitting on the bench. practice is great but nothing compares to real game experience.

Reaction Score
Wow - I just hate the comments in this thread. Why would any of you think Wolf made the wrong move? Good lord. He wants to be a Husky and he has 3 years (maybe 4 with a redshirt) to become a player. You can't teach 7' or 7'1 or whatever he is. Get stronger, get faster - play against NBA talent everyday and there's no telling what he can be. Look at Armstrong and how much developed from his 2nd to 3rd and 4th year. Anyone who isn't psyched to see a player not leave for a lesser program in order to increase his potential and at least get a degree is just ridiculous. We need guys like this on the roster. You can't have 13 (or 10) 5 star recruits. That doesn't make a team (see UK). We would not have won the championship last year without a senior called Chuck who never was in the discussion for going to the NBA. In 3 or 4 years, a guy like Wolf may be exactly what we need to get us over the top. More imporatantly, he's a freakin Husky. You support him, idiots!

OK - I'm just pissed at this thread - rant off.

Wolfe became expendable when AD signed, some fans want to push him off the team. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom