Gonzaga to join Pac-12 | The Boneyard

Gonzaga to join Pac-12

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If only there was an independent football program that could be the 8th member.
I am wondering who that would be (looking up at the ceiling thinking). Just cannot come up with an answer.

Reaction Score
Have very little idea why they’d consider UConn given only FB, and so far out of footprint. Only reason I can think of is some promise that if we do not land in a P4 by x date, we join across sports. And no way we want to do that with this conference.

Reaction Score
Have very little idea why they’d consider UConn given only FB, and so far out of footprint. Only reason I can think of is some promise that if we do not land in a P4 by x date, we join across sports. And no way we want to do that with this conference.
Maybe 2 home-and-homes with Gonzaga and San Diego St. might do it. And those won't be losses that would damage UConn in the metrics all that much, either.

But AD Benedict's job is to crunch the numbers and do the calculations just like the Memphis AD did when he turned down the Pac (whatever number). This has to work for UConn.

Reaction Score
Everyone else either brings very little or nothing to the table, or has to pay millions in conference exit fees

Reaction Score
When we get the conference realignment sports documentary in 20 years the Pac-XX will need at least a few hours

Reaction Score
Sounds like the PAC-12 got a really strong basketball power to anchor their conference’s basketball

So now I guess they need 1 more team to fill out their football schedule

Hmmmmm

Reaction Score
I can think of a lot of reasons they would consider UConn joining for football only.

Reaction Score
Maybe 2 home-and-homes with Gonzaga and San Diego St. might do it. And those won't be losses that would damage UConn in the metrics all that much, either.

But AD Benedict's job is to crunch the numbers and do the calculations just like the Memphis AD did when he turned down the Pac (whatever number). This has to work for UConn.
What losses?

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
remember when people thought they wanted to join the big east? lmao. peak church league delusion.

Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

Reaction Score
They would do it because they know it's short term until the ACC blows up in a few years - some of those schools will end up in the Big Ten (UNC for one) and other will go to the Big 12 while the remaining ones (think Wake Forest for example) will be looking for a league and it could be the PAC 12.

Reaction Score
If only there was an independent football program that could be the 8th member.
Guys, let’s not get over our skis here. With the sudden steroid booster shot our football team has had these past two weeks, let’s see where this season ends up. ESPN just predicted we don’t lose another game this year. Methinks the Maryland humiliation was the final wake-up call.

Reaction Score
What losses?
UConn probably wins, but my point was if they lose it does not hurt the metrics too much. Most people here on another Pac 12 thread said UConn playing Mountain West teams was beneath UConn and if they lost to them it would hurt the metrics. That's why I mentioned a home-and-home against Gonzaga and San Diego St. in basketball for a UConn football only membership.

Reaction Score
They would do it because they know it's short term until the ACC blows up in a few years - some of those schools will end up in the Big Ten (UNC for one) and other will go to the Big 12 while the remaining ones (think Wake Forest for example) will be looking for a league and it could be the PAC 12.
If some of the ACC schools, like 4-5 go to the Pac (whatever number), rebranding might be in order including a new conference name. Just spitballing.

Reaction Score
Because it's a bigger brand name that can conceivably bring some eyes in a different market even as a football only.

Reaction Score
If some of the ACC schools, like 4-5 go to the Pac (whatever number), rebranding might be in order including a new conference name. Just spitballing.
Manifest Destiny Conference? Or steal a big 12 team and make it the Oregon Trail?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom