Gonzaga Duke Game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gonzaga Duke Game

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
The zags are so well coached. I hope our guys watched that game.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Williamson is playing with heart. Im most impressed with his passing-- thats his best translatable skill. If he cant learn to shoot better, I think NBA teams will stop him without much of a hitch. Still--easily the highest ceiling player.

Still think people who say hes the next coming of lebron are crazy. He doesnt have the IQ at the same age.

Barrett seems like a head case under thos pressure. Playing well, but some BAD shot. I still think hell be the best of the bunch.

Reddish has a sweet stroke. Not much else.

Hachimura = otto porter in 5 years.

Were not a top 10 team. These teams would eat us alive.

Looks like you are selling these 18 and 19 yo kids very short
I don't care if Zion isn't LB James but I wouldn't bet against this kid He shoots better than LeBron, has quicker feet and is a better defender at the same age. BB IQ will come
Reddish had a bad tournament but he is a great player
Barrett is very very good
All 3 will be in the top 5 picks

I agree with Mau - this ESPN love affair with Duke is nauseating at the least - Glad Duke lost
Unfortunate that Gonzaga had the play the late semifinal because if they had the additional 3-4 hour rest as Duke enjoyed I am convinced that the Zags would have won by at least 15
A great game - final four feeling in November

Reaction Score
I don't care if Zion isn't LB James but I wouldn't bet against this kid He shoots better than LeBron, has quicker feet and is a better defender at the same age. BB IQ will come

I agree with Mau - this ESPN love affair with Duke is nauseating at the least - Glad Duke lost
Unfortunate that Gonzaga had the play the late semifinal because if they had the additional 3-4 hour rest as Duke enjoyed I am convinced that the Zags would have won by at least 15
This is not true. Zion is shooting 28% from the college 3. LeBron has never shot less than that in his career. Currently shooting almost 40% from 3 with the Lakers.

I do love Zion and his game though. So fun to watch. I understand the hype, but clearly this Duke team is far from unbeatable.

Reaction Score

One guy has the best BBIQ of all time, arguably, and you are arguing that the other guy has BBIQ that will come. Enough said. My hunch is that Zion ends up closer to the 20th best player in the NBA and not a Lebron like player. Being the 20th best means you are awesome. The league is all about outside shooting and the guy isn't a good shooter. I also can't wait to watch him in the pros and would love to be proven wrong.

Reaction Score
One guy has the best BBIQ of all time, arguably, and you are arguing that the other guy has BBIQ that will come. Enough said. My hunch is that Zion ends up closer to the 20th best player in the NBA and not a Lebron like player. Being the 20th best means you are awesome. The league is all about outside shooting and the guy isn't a good shooter. I also can't wait to watch him in the pros and would love to be proven wrong.

Yeah, that's basically my point. I think the generationally good stuff is over-the-top. I'd put my next pay check on him becoming an all-star at some point though.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
This is not true. Zion is shooting 28% from the college 3. LeBron has never shot less than that in his career. Currently shooting almost 40% from 3 with the Lakers.

I do love Zion and his game though. So fun to watch. I understand the hype, but clearly this Duke team is far from unbeatable.

Well no crap; they lost tonight ‍♂️

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Lmao, is this your first time watching ESPN guys? ESPN pushes Duke harder than they do most NBA teams which they have the contracts to actually broadcast.

The notion that Duke is playing a fair game in a level playing field is a laughingstock when you turn on any sports media.

C

Chief00

Good game yesterday. The Zags dodged a bullet on their foul shooting though. Impressive Bigs play. Lots of good players displaying their skills.

Reaction Score
I was kinda surprised, even some people who aren't basketball fans at the school where I teach in Japan knew who Rui Hachimura is. They get pretty excited when Japanese people do well overseas.

Reaction Score
It's been mentioned a few times in this thread but difference in level of play of big men in this game vs our big men is night and day. We all know our weaknesses but it was just magnified watching these two Goliaths play.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I don't believe I have seen a game where a team miss's there free throws being up 1-2 and still survive. I thought Zags where done the last minute. Duke made that comeback by driving, mostly ending up with a slam. Untouched. Maybe they were afraid to foul. Looked to easy for me. Seems that is what Cook did to us minus the slams.

Reaction Score
Zags are playing without the big kid Tillie for a couple more weeks nursing as injury how's that far depth? Add a 6'10 kid who averaged 12.9/5.9/1.4 and shoots it from .478 from 3???

This is a very nice team who also has a PG in Perkins who we recruited in the 90's so experience is huge :eek::D

Reaction Score
It's been mentioned a few times in this thread but difference in level of play of big men in this game vs our big men is night and day. We all know our weaknesses but it was just magnified watching these two Goliaths play.

It's been magnified in many games I'm afraid, seeing some nice big man play some not as obvious as these 2 teams but a lot of teams have one or 2 guys who can make things happen around the rim with more than 1 go to move. We'll root for the hand we're dealt but it's tough sometimes to see what others have, and these re kids who we didn't hear of in the recruiting wars either. They just get better, hopefully ours do too but we need better bigs and it's glaringly obvious now.

Reaction Score

Please don’t compare anyone to LeBron James at 18, this kid isn’t close to the KING.

Reaction Score
Not sure why a lot of you or surprised by the outcome of this game or Gonzaga’s skill level, but again I am the one who put a bunch of checkles on the Zags money line. There is no one who watches more CBB than myself, the Zags are the real deal and they have been since the start of the year, been talking them up.

Right now Gonzaga is a better team than Duke, but by the end of the season it will be interesting to see where both of these teams are. Gonzaga’s one weakness is their defense, they need to improve.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Aftrr watching Zaga last night I REALLY do not like the fact that we’ve essentially given up on international recruiting in the post Calhoun era.

Reaction Score
I was kinda surprised, even some people who aren't basketball fans at the school where I teach in Japan knew who Rui Hachimura is. They get pretty excited when Japanese people do well overseas.
I was teaching in China when Yao Ming was popular and they broadcast a Houston Rockets game on a huge TV in the middle of, I think it was the summer palace.

How is Japan? I made it to 5 different southeast Asian countries and tons of cities in China when I was living in China but one of my greatest regrets when I was in that area of the world was not checking out India and Japan. I have thought about getting out of Latin America after nearly 5 years in the region and Japan, for sure, tops the list as a possible destination and I imagine the students are much more respectful and studious than here in Latin America.

Attachments

• 3308_609118324889_341180_n.jpg
    3308_609118324889_341180_n.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 19
Reaction Score
I can’t believe Duke went down. Just goes to show that just because you lose, it doesn’t mean you now suck... I needed to remind myself of this post-Iowa.
Any team, including great teams, can lose.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom