Gonzaga/Big East embers | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Gonzaga/Big East embers

Reaction Score
LOL. Do you fly? I fly to Detroit constantly. Direct from Hartford. THAT is over 2 hours. You on the Concorde?
Chicago to Hartford is under 2 hours, Hartford to Chicago is over 2 hours. Average is 2 hours.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Still have 5 big games to go along with it. 3-game MTE event, Gavitt games, and BE-Big 12 challenge. Only 4 cupcake games.

You gonna complain about the home OOC then? Because Gavitt and BE-B12 alternate homes, MTE is a neutral. So you just signed up for 4 cupcake games and hoping 1 game from gavitt and B12 is a winner? LOL check your schtick dude.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
You gonna complain about the home OOC then? Because Gavitt and BE-B12 alternate homes, MTE is a neutral. So you just signed up for 4 cupcake games and hoping 1 game from gavitt and B12 is a winner? LOL check your schtick dude.
We would be adding Gonzaga to the home slate.

Currently: 10 BE home games + 0 major OOC home games (10 P6 games in total)

My goal (w/o Zags): 10 BE games + 2 major OOC home games (12 P6 games in total)

My goal (w/ Zags): 11 BE games + 1 major OOC home game (12 P6 games in total)

August_West

Reaction Score
From my perspective, it would be better than travelling to Middleonowhere, Nebraska.
It would be. Its not desperate. Its current reality. BigEast over next decade is going to have to be creative as hell, or get eaten alive by B10 and SEC through attrition.

August_West

Reaction Score
We would be adding Gonzaga to the home slate.

So what you are saying is that Gonzaga doesnt have to be part of BigEast as long as we get them at home once a year? Then our OOC doesnt matter?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
So what you are saying is that Gonzaga doesnt have to be part of BigEast as long as we get them at home once a year? Then our OOC doesnt matter?
Read my full reply.

August_West

Reaction Score
Read my full reply.
which one? you have a hot mess working in these pages. Are you talking about the one where you actually over added the amount of regular season games a D1 team can normally play?

Reaction Score
It would be. Its not desperate. Its current reality. BigEast over next decade is going to have to be creative as hell, or get eaten alive by B10 and SEC through attrition.
Exactly if those dbags in the sec and AC have their way, bc will be the 16 seed and non P5 will be left out. Be creative. Agree 1000%

shizzle787

Reaction Score
which one? you have a hot mess working in these pages. Are you talking about the one where you actually over added the amount of regular season games a D1 team can normally play?
The math is simple. I want to play 12 P6 home games every year. We currently are at 10.

August_West

Reaction Score
The math is simple. I want to play 12 P6 home games every year. We currently are at 10.

Whelp to start with Gonzaga aint p6

August_West

Reaction Score
They are a major program as is Memphis. Don’t nitpick.

We just played Memphis twice a year for 6 years . How was that?

So let me get this straight. You who were complaining about our OOC, now want 4 MORE league games a year to get Gonzaga once?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
We just played Memphis twice a year for 6 years . How was that?

So let me get this straight. You who were complaining about our OOC, now want 4 MORE league games a year to get Gonzaga once?
We play 20 league games already. We could potentially play 22 with Gonzaga.

August_West

Reaction Score
Exactly if those dbags in the sec and AC have their way, bc will be the 16 seed and non P5 will be left out. Be creative. Agree 1000%

Dont worry about ACC they will only last slightly longer than BigEast. The fight over next 10 years is who consolidates more power B10 or SEC. My money on SEC. They just took Texas and Oklahoma. B12 looks strong right now but it is a band aid. SEC and B10 will take multiple ACC teams and more B12 in next 5 years. Mark it down.

Reaction Score
There is no downside for UConn if Zags come to BE...can handle 1 west coast trip a year. The burden is all on the ZAGS but guess they think the benefit of playing in a top to bottom competive top 5 conference is worth it travelwise.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Dont worry about ACC they will only last slightly longer than BigEast. The fight over next 10 years is who consolidates more power B10 or SEC. My money on SEC. They just took Texas and Oklahoma. B12 looks strong right now but it is a band aid. SEC and B10 will take multiple ACC teams and more B12 in next 5 years. Mark it down.
This.

As much as it would be fun to be in the ACC today if invited, that is a zombie league that will have any profitable meat picked from the bones over the next decade by the SEC / BIG.

I think the BIG makes a move in the next 3 years taking a few from the ACC to make a southward push to compete with the SEC.

Florida St, Clemson. UNC and UVA too.

I also firmly believe that the only reason we keep getting passed over in realignment is our northeast geography.

One of the ACC presidents said it best when they brought in Louisville over us… “because of UConns geography, their options are limited, and they will be there for us to pick up whenever we want.”

Edit: I’ll also add that the BigEast will be around forever. Not because it’s some behemoth, but because none of the current members are going to find greener pastures w/o football programs

Reaction Score
As long as UConn is one of the snacks, it's all good.

August_West

Reaction Score
This.

As much as it would be fun to be in the ACC today if invited, that is a zombie league that will have any profitable meat picked from the bones over the next decade by the SEC / BIG.

I think the BIG makes a move in the next 3 years taking a few from the ACC to make a southward push to compete with the SEC.

I also firmly believe that the only reason we keep getting passed over in realignment is our northeast geography.

One of the ACC presidents said it best when they brought in Louisville over us… “because of UConns geography, their options are limited, and they will be there for us to pick up whenever we want.”

Edit: I’ll also add that the BigEast will be around forever. Not because it’s some behemoth, but because none of the current members are going to find greener pastures w/o football programs
And probably Pitt for B1G too. And you’re right about big East, It will survive, but what will the ncaa tourney be when bloated SEC and Big10 secedes?

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This.

There is truth to that.

They took Pitt in the first wave because there was some concern that the Big 12 might if they didn’t.

But then they completely got caught out when the Big Ten took the most populated past of the east coast away from them when they invited UMD and RU and they responded by inviting a crime syndicate who isn’t even the most popular school in their state.

August_West

Reaction Score
Pitt will never, ever, ever be in the Big Ten.

UVa, UNC, GT…maybe.
Don’t disagree on your underlying, unspoken premise , but they will be a pawn in this game .

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Don’t disagree on your underlying, unspoken premise , but they will be a pawn in this game .

If something disastrous happens to the ACC, Pitt has like two options…independence or the Big 12.

Also…do not underestimate the ACC core’s desire to stay together. Florida State and Clemson would go to the SEC, but the SEC is never making that call. Outside of that, it will be tough to get any of them out of there.

The TV contract is an issue, but I see ESPN eventually buckling there.

Reaction Score
They took Pitt in the first wave because there was some concern that the Big 12 might if they didn’t.
WVU and Pitt should've been a package deal to keep that rivalry alive and well. Plus, then WVU wouldn't be such an odd-one-out school in terms of the Big 12 geography. That does change with UCF coming in, but the current Big 12 shows WVU as an outlier.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom