Gonazaga joins the Pac12 | The Boneyard

Gonazaga joins the Pac12

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So it's a Source Off!

david bowie GIF

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I know but it’s McMurphy. He’s never wrong.
About football, not basketball. It may end up happening, but Memphis, USF turned down the Pac. So I doubt it is a done deal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I know but it’s McMurphy. He’s never wrong.
He's incredibly clued in on college football realignment. Maybe he has a blind spot on college basketball realignment. That said, where there's smoke there's probably fire and I would expect Gonzaga in the PAC. I could see the revenue split being incorrect though for sure.

Reaction Score
this is exactly what we're hoping happens to UConn come 2036 when the ACC's best football programs and biggest brands join the P3. can we hang on for 12 more years and join the new ACC?

Reaction Score
I just don't see how a reshaped MWC/AAC gets these kind of revenue numbers

i'm guessing it will be at the low end of that range and ~$10mill isnt that much. isnt that what the AAC currently pays out? the PAC would clearly be the best group of 6 conference

Reaction Score
this is exactly what we're hoping happens to UConn come 2036 when the ACC's best football programs and biggest brands join the P3. can we hang on for 12 more years and join the new ACC?
Imagine that conference with Cal, Stanford, BC, SMU, Georgia tech, and Syracuse. Basketball powerhouse

Reaction Score
“we’re”? Says whom other than @bendm? Hypothetically, which leftover new new ACC versus a similarly unknown new new Big 12+ ? Far too many unknowns to project “what we’re hoping happens to UConn” a decade+ down the road. Or, sooner based on far too many remaining unknown FSU vs ACC and Clemson vs ACC lawsuit results, negotiations, settlements, etc; similarly unknown ESPN contract look-in results, etc.

Reaction Score
Imagine that conference with Cal, Stanford, BC, SMU, Georgia tech, and Syracuse. Basketball powerhouse
sarcasm aside let's say F$U, clemson, miami, and UNC join the BIG12. that would leave a 14 team conference with: UConn, Cuse, BC, Pitt, VT, UVA, NC St, duke, Wake, GT, Lville, SMU, Cal, Stanford and ND as a partial member.

if it paid out ~$15-20 mill/year (which seems realistic if the new PAC is projected to get ~$12mill/year) that could almost triple our current tv revenue.
“we’re”? Says whom other than @bendm? Hypothetically, which leftover new new ACC versus a similarly unknown new new Big 12+ ? Far too many unknowns to project “what we’re hoping happens to UConn” a decade+ down the road. Or, sooner based on far too many remaining unknown FSU vs ACC and Clemson vs ACC lawsuit results, negotiations, settlements, etc; similarly unknown ESPN contract look-in results, etc.
so you're hoping to stay indy for football and in the BE for bball? cause that's the only other realistic option....
PS- you dont have to tag someone's username when you're replying to their post.

Reaction Score
so you're hoping to stay indy for football and in the BE for bball? cause that's the only other realistic option....
PS- you dont have to tag someone's username when you're replying to their post.
Nah @bendm, simply rationally questioning how anyone can reasonably project unknown future developments; project views of all; identify which schools may comprise a future busted up new new ACC, new new Big 12, unknown evolution of football versus possible football divorce from all other sports, etc.

Reaction Score
Do you really want to be player in basketball in the Pac 2?

I would like them to add us for football but it would be a disaster for basketball.
absolutely but there's no conceivable reason for them to just add us for football

Reaction Score
Nah @bendm, simply rationally questioning how anyone can reasonably project unknown future developments; project views of all; identify which schools may comprise a future busted up new new ACC, new new Big 12, unknown evolution of football versus possible football divorce from all other sports, etc.
common sense and educated guesses @Da_Aisijimo_Gou. the bread and butter of message board posters.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom