OT: - Golf - Bummer for Rahm | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Golf - Bummer for Rahm

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Rules are rules. That’s all you need to say without making all those ridiculous arguments.
What ridiculous arguments? How do you think Rahm got it?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
For everyone saying asymptomatic, he still may end up with some symptoms.

This will be a high vis case on what happens when non- vaccinated wait until bring exposed until getting vaccine.
Can a vaccine still mitigate severity of a COVID case after exposure? Body is learning to ward off effects naturally the same time the body is learning from the vaccine.

And put me squarely in the "he knew the rules, made a choice and gets the consequences for those choices" camp
I also believe he could play without getting anyone else sick or passing on the 'rona. Make him dress off site, wear a mask and distance himself while inside.

Reaction Score
Yeah there’s absolutely no way they could ever figure out a way to let him play without going into the locker room. And of course those media responsibilities are entirely unavoidable. And those greens keepers who cut the grass 8 hrs before he tees off will be at serious risk.

I get it. He knew the risk if he didn’t get vaccinated. But the reasons you listed are ridiculous. None of those “hundreds of thousand of people” will ever have any reason to be within 20 yards of him the entire day. It would be extremely easy to let him play and not risk anyone whatsoever. Not to mention, I’m guessing the majority of the people there are already vaccinated anyways.

Rules are rules. That’s all you need to say without making all those ridiculous arguments.
Its not “rules are rules”. He just can’t do his job right now so he can’t play.

Sure they could get around the risk. He could completely dressed at the hotel, put on a mask, walk alone in the lobby to avoid people there, drive himself to the tournament, carve out his own little slice of driving range, his own little putting green, take a roundabout way to the tee, play by himself, win, then get in his car and drive off. I agree. He could play and mitigate the risk down to zero. They absolutely shouldn’t. When does that end? What if twenty people are positive? Twenty single groups? Why make everyone accommodate HIM because he accepted the risk of declining the vaccine. This isn’t a disability where he can demand ADA accommodations ( see: Casey Martin).

Golfing is most of his job. All that other crap that sponsors provide the money for him to do is also his job. He has a health condition at the moment which prevents him from doing his job. And any accommodations he would need are unreasonable. Full stop. Osaka rightfully withdrew from the French Open because a health condition prevented her from fulfilling all of her duties. Similar thing here. Even more legitimate here because he has a communicable disease.

Reaction Score
Do we know if John Rahm is vaccinated? If he is, can he still get COVID? I believe the answer is yes. It might be a small chance of contracting COVID while vaccinated but still a chance. So until people can say for sure that he’s not vaccinated then maybe we should stop with all these comments stating that he should be vaccinated or that he knew the risks of not being vaccinated.

Reaction Score
He could have been vaccinated and not worried. Sucks to be that stupid.
Not sure how he qualifies as "stupid".....the shots are a pseudo "vaccine", and hence, he can still get the damn virus and test positive. He could have caught it from another "vaccinated" individual with whom he interacted. What could he have done to prevent getting it....isolate? self-quarantine? hide? wear a mask all of the time he is not in his house or hotel room?

Reaction Score
What ridiculous arguments? How do you think Rahm got it?

Did you even read my post? the reasons I listed. The grounds crew lmao. Locker room, media, camera crew etc. He knew the rules and didn’t get the vax so I’m not advocating he should or shouldn’t be allowed to play.

op was arguing that if he was allowed to play he would somehow be putting all these people at extreme risk and would be forced to follow the same procedures he normally would (like going into the locker room). Which is ridiculous. They could easily find a way have him play and not risk anyone at all.

He shouldn’t play because that’s the rules =/= he can’t play without risking everyone at the course

Reaction Score
Hell has anyone seen the video of when they told him? They had 2 pga tour officials tell him right off the 18th green that he has it. They’re standing inches from him. Don’t bring him a mask/ tell him to put one on. One has his arm on his shoulder and they even pat him on the back. Then he walks past hundreds of people. Goes into the media house / locker room for a while. Then gets on the back of a golf cart sitting next to his caddy and gets driven out (in close contact of the driver and all kinds of personnel)

This is after they knew he had it. And he still basically did all of things that would put everyone at risk if he played today. Which is the reason people are saying he can’t play today? Even though they could easily make arrangements to avoid these things??

Reaction Score
The guy has a highly contagious virus, get the heck out. Not bend over backwards to keep him in. Now that's ridiculous.

right making him dress before he arrives and skip some media interviews is “bending over backwards”. Also read my other post. He did all of those things AFTER THEY TOLD HIM HE HAD IT.

I’m not even arguing he should be playing. I get that he’s not allowed to. But people need to stop making up all these ridiculous reasons. Just say those are the rules.

Reaction Score
I would be willing to bet if you tested everyone in the crowd a 3rd would test positive as well.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
He didn’t get vaccinated and it’s costing him 1.67 million. Maybe that will change some minds. I doubt it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Do we know if John Rahm is vaccinated? If he is, can he still get COVID? I believe the answer is yes. It might be a small chance of contracting COVID while vaccinated but still a chance. So until people can say for sure that he’s not vaccinated then maybe we should stop with all these comments stating that he should be vaccinated or that he knew the risks of not being vaccinated.

the story on the news is he came in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID (It was his wife). After she tested positive he supposedly received his vaccination. He tested negative before the tournament and tested negative on Thursday. After Friday's round he tested again and the results came back Saturday that he was positive. They ran another test of the Friday sample to mitigate possibility of a false positive. The second sample also came back positive.

This is what has been reported at least.

EDIT: Here's a link explaining that fully vaccinated players do not have to do contact tracing or take COVID tests before a tourney. The inference is the protocols they used for Rahm indicate he is not a full 2 weeks past his second (Pfizer or Moderna) shot or his one time J&J shot.

Memorial: Jon Rahm tests positive for COVID-19, withdraws from event (usatoday.com)

Reaction Score
You can be vaccinated and still test positive for Covid.
Based on what I read about the PGA’s tracing protocols, he was being tested because he was not vaccinated. If he were vaccinated, he would not have been tested so even if he had COVID, he would be playing if asymptomatic. They are no longer testing everyone, or even placing vaccinated people into tracing.

sorry, I had not read the above post before replying, but basically the same thing.

Reaction Score
So are players being asked to show proof of vaccination??

Reaction Score
Lexi Thompson cracking 300yd drives at the U.S Open, she is starting to run away with it.

Reaction Score
There are protocols in place for a reason. Not everything is about being on the course. There are locker rooms, score recording areas, etc. that are not open air places.

You can't be arbitrary about them. Would you really care if he was 47th with no chance to win?

Not sure if he could have gotten US vaccinations, so I'm willing to cut him some slack about not being fully vaccinated at this point.
The rich people line has been opened for months.

Reaction Score
Not sure how he qualifies as "stupid".....the shots are a pseudo "vaccine", and hence, he can still get the damn virus and test positive. He could have caught it from another "vaccinated" individual with whom he interacted. What could he have done to prevent getting it....isolate? self-quarantine? hide? wear a mask all of the time he is not in his house or hotel room?
Should have stopped after that first thought, because pretty much everything else you said is "stupid"

Reaction Score
He lost $2 million. That’s right up there on the stupid list. But, but, but… Freedom!

Reaction Score
Anyone know the rule if you were vaccinated and test positive? Thinking of the Yankees example earlier this year. Everyone was vaxed then like 7 guys tested positive. Would the player still have to withdraw in that instance?

Reaction Score
That didn’t happen? I just saw that they tested positive and had to sit out. What really happened? Is there some news somewhere that I missed? Honest question. Save the snark

Reaction Score
Anyone know the rule if you were vaccinated and test positive? Thinking of the Yankees example earlier this year. Everyone was vaxed then like 7 guys tested positive. Would the player still have to withdraw in that instance?
If you're vaccinated you no longer have to undergo the weekly testing from the PGA, so presumably wouldn't have a positive test come back

Reaction Score
Ok so even if a player was a close contact with a Covid positive person, the tour wouldn’t even teat them because they’ve been vaccinated

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom