Going to say this here…. Every loss is not some validation to kill the program. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Going to say this here…. Every loss is not some validation to kill the program.

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
He can say that all he wants but he hired the OC and made him the assistant head coach. He brought in Fagnano and Robeson. Outside of Buckman, his receiving corps has done nothing. His tight ends have done nothing. His big back from Louisville can’t get on the field and has been passed on the depth chart by a dl. His defense got run off the field in Georgia and did not show much in the first half today.

Something happened or is happening behind the scenes. You don’t return all the players UConn has after a 6 win season and turn around and make it a 2 win season without something going on.
Agreed- and to that point- what the hell happened to Brewton?

Reaction Score
He can say that all he wants but he hired the OC and made him the assistant head coach. He brought in Fagnano and Robeson. Outside of Buckman, his receiving corps has done nothing. His tight ends have done nothing. His big back from Louisville can’t get on the field and has been passed on the depth chart by a dl. His defense got run off the field in Georgia and did not show much in the first half today.

Something happened or is happening behind the scenes. You don’t return all the players UConn has after a 6 win season and turn around and make it a 2 win season without something going on.

Unless last season wasn’t as good as it appeared to be.

The big wins happened at the low points of every team.

I see the same flaws this season that I saw last season.

Reaction Score
Very well stated! Go Huskies!
Honestly, I would try to curry favor with the ACC. It is only a matter of time until some teams are poached and they need to add someone

Reaction Score
1 of the worst halves of football I have ever seen (considering the stakes, the competition, etc.). Mora's got a talent problem, a coaching problem, and a buy-in problem. He can say what he wants, but its hard to win consistently until he fixes all 3 areas.

Reaction Score
I think Independence is the best route forward until the ACC ultimately implodes and re-evaluate then. But I can't help but wonder if teaming up with UMass and begging the MAC to be football only members is the best course for UConn currently.

Reaction Score
I think Independence is the best route forward until the ACC ultimately implodes and re-evaluate then. But I can't help but wonder if teaming up with UMass and begging the MAC to be football only members is the best course for UConn currently.
The problem is the MAC would obviously know we’re using it as a springboard. They don’t want our garbage program for 4 years before we try and leave for another conference. Also those teams would all smack us right now lol.

Reaction Score
There are obviously some pretty upset people here, me included.

But not every game is referendum on the program. It just doesn't work like that.

Demand better from the coaches and the school. Demand that bad coaches get removed and replaced. Demand that we do something about getting into some conference, any conference as a football only. But acting like a win or loss is going to secure our fate is utterly stupid. It just doesn't work like that.

Guess what? EVERY PROGRAM IN AMERICA has preseason hype. And most programs don't live up to it. Deal with it.

So we lost to Georgia State and FIU. Guess what? Even if we won they would just be wins against middling programs like us.

I think we have a head coach that has a bunch of desire and wants to be successful again here.

This place isn't exactly the garden spot of football. We won't pull anyone like him anytime soon. And he also probably pulls in better coaches than we would get with anyone else.

It totally sucks that we have now lost 2 of our winnable games. That bowl game doesn't really look like it is going to happen.

Reaction Score

Not being in a conference is a major burden. Year in, year out, our schedule is a total grab bag. It helps to play opponents annually. That familiarity levels the playing field greatly.

Reaction Score
If we are being honest… the MAC is probably the best conference for us.. but I’m not sure they would even want us… I’m not sure what our football value is

Reaction Score
If we are being honest… the MAC is probably the best conference for us.. but I’m not sure they would even want us… I’m not sure what our football value is

Our value is pretty low. College Football is an old sport. And at the top level we are still extremely young. The program needs to be seasoned a bit. A good long spell somewhere might do us some good.

Reaction Score
We would make their football schedule worse lol

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Our value is pretty low. College Football is an old sport. And at the top level we are still extremely young. The program needs to be seasoned a bit. A good long spell somewhere might do us some good.
The MAC would take us and UMass football only yesterday. We are not interested.

Reaction Score
conference affiliation is not life and death in NIL and Transfer Portal era. Plenty of G5 schools are beating P5 schools. UConn’s problems are because of UConn, nothing else.
Not to mention, having to play all of their home games at what is essentially a neutral site. What do you think Geno and Calhoun would have said years ago if they were told that the HCC would be their home court for ALL home games? I don’t think people realize the advantages an on campus stadium (basketball or football) gives a program. Recruiting, intimidation to visiting teams, the student body can just walk to the games, and many more reasons. The sad thing is, if the Rent had had been built on campus, UConn would have received a P5 invite 15-20 years ago. There’s no telling what RE 1.0 could have done under those circumstances.

Reaction Score
Because we weren't interested.

Where are you getting this information that the MAC would take us for football only? I call BS.

The only conference that would touch our football program with a ten foot pole was CUSA, and that was about two years ago and they were DESPERATE. That may not be the case anymore.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Where are you getting this information that the MAC would take us for football only? I call BS.

The only conference that would touch our football program with a ten foot pole was CUSA, and that was about two years ago and they were DESPERATE. That may not be the case anymore.
Benedict has hinted at it. Also, CUSA and the MAC would both love to have one of the best public universities in the northeast in their league even if in a weakened state for football-only. The MAC has already had Temple and UMass for football-only in the past. UMass was given the boot because Temple left leaving the league with an odd number of teams. It wasn't due to their poor performance.

Also, I don't want to give a single basketball game to the MAC. It does nothing for the program.

Reaction Score
Benedict has hinted at it. Also, CUSA and the MAC would both love to have one of the best public universities in the northeast in their league even if in a weakened state for football-only. The MAC has already had Temple and UMass for football-only in the past. UMass was given the boot because Temple left leaving the league with an odd number of teams. It wasn't due to their poor performance.

Also, I don't want to give a single basketball game to the MAC. It does nothing for the program.

Hinted at it? You’re making things up.

Go back to the realignment board and invent some crappy conferences for us to join.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Hinted at it? You’re making things up.

Go back to the realignment board and invent some crappy conferences for us to join.
Actually, I'm not. There are various UMass people who have stated that we killed it for them.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
So credible. You’re completely full of it.
Not at all. Every single MAC school would schedule us H/H if we asked them. That is your barometer right there.

Reaction Score
Not at all. Every single MAC school would schedule us H/H if we asked them. That is your barometer right there.

They do not want us for football only. They don’t want any football onlies.

The MAC is very comfortable with what they have.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
They do not want us for football only. They don’t want any football onlies.

The MAC is very comfortable with what they have.
If they were comfortable, they wouldn't have been sniffing WKU and MTSU two years ago. The issue isn't with football-onlies, it is with an odd number of schools for Olympic sports and football. WKU still wants to join the MAC but they can't due to no school joining that would give the league an even number of BOTH football and Olympic sports members, and WKU can't go football-only with UMass as they have no place to park their Olympic sports.

Also, history: the MAC has literally had multiple football-only members before. If Temple hadn't left for the American, both them and UMass would be football-only in the MAC right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom