Glenn Nelson: 2012 Historic class for Uconn

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Absolutely historic.

On Morgan:

"Tuck is an interesting recruit, maybe easy to overlook and not just because of the more heralded Stewart and Jefferson. More than two years ago, she was in the discussion with her future college teammates for the top spot in the class. Long, polished and athletic, Tuck had a go-to game on the low boxes, a mid-range game and explosion in transition. But after suffering a tear to her anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) during the 2009 USA Basketball trials, Tuck has long-term health questions to answer and thus could be one of the most undervalued prospects in the class."

Some of us think Morgan should be ranked about 5, which is consistent with the ratings other than HoopGurlz. In fact, it would not be a stretch to say the players in our class are ranked, 1, 2, and 3.

On Breanna, who is now 6'4":

"At 6-feet-3, Stewart is the most scary versatile big player to come out of high school since Candace Parker. She is long, explosive and skilled, effective down low and outside the lane, trouble brewing in transition. Stewart also likely is the most internationally experienced high school player ever, having represented the U.S. four times already."

On Moriah:

"And Jefferson could be the most fearsome high school player with a game on the line since another Husky who had just had a pretty successful college career -- Maya Moore."

More comparisons to Maya!

"It's difficult to imagine a more devastating duo in the pick and roll, or pick and pop, than Stewart and Jefferson. With Tuck on an opposite block and 2011's No. 1 prospect, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis, spotted on a wing, UConn could be near impossible to defend. Not to mention that both Stewart and Jefferson have extreme ability to create their own shots."

Yep.

"Defensively, a veritable Texas twister, Jefferson can change momentum and games with her on-ball ferocity and passing-lanes freelancing. Stewart's shot blocking and rebounding will provide backup and an interior defensive wall."

Oh, they play defense too!

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Doesn't matter how good you are. If you don't come to Storrs prepared to defend, set screens, dive for loose balls, pass, and generally work your ass off, you're not going to play for Geno. And when you get girls who do all of those things AND are really elite players, that's when it gets scary for everyone else.

Parker and Maya on the same team- now those are lofty expectations.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
it's hard not to lose one's head a bit thinking about how bright the future is with those 3 coming on board. add in Stef and Bria for 2 years and Kelly/Caroline for 1 year, and it's hard not to see continued NC's. and that's not even including Kiah or Breanna.

Reaction Score
...............or JOHNSON.....and, hopefully, Engeln ( far from chopped liver......I think her high school 3 percentage was as good as any of the rest of the squad, for example) and Buck. Some of us might even want to include LEWIS for three years..........;) ??? What say to that, friend ERIC? Stay positive and well.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
And the Killer B's, Bria and Brianna, are going to terrorize opponents on the perimeter both offensively and defensively.

Heh heh heh.....

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
...............or JOHNSON.....and, hopefully, Engeln ( far from chopped liver......I think her high school 3 percentage was as good as any of the rest of the squad, for example) and Buck. Some of us might even want to include LEWIS for three years..........;) ??? What say to that, friend ERIC? Stay positive and well.
heyWin - how's it going? good to see ya! yep, you are right, but at this point i sort of included Johnson, Engeln and Buck as kids who are deeper on the bench. i see a lot of upside in Banks and Stokes. i'm really hoping those other 3 make a case in practice for more PT in games tho!

Reaction Score
I think UCONN is going to win a few more National Championships before this group graduates. Its great to be a UCONN Fan.

DieHardHusky

The Blue Guy
Reaction Score
Scary good...As far as Tuck and ACLs go, I tore mine, my junior year of HS (Fall of 08), and wasn't fully recovered until probably 18-24 months post surgery (which was in Jan. '09) so she might not even be 100% yet recovered. Who Knows?

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Breanna has played for the USA four times. Am I correct in thinking she has WON four times?

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Breanna has played for the USA four times. Am I correct in thinking she has WON four times?
I think she is 3-1. Her Pan Am games team was pulled together at the last minute and gelled late falling short of a medal. But she was usually the best player on the floor anyway.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
No, she did not win with the Pan American team just this fall.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I say again, starting next year.......

RESISTANCE WILL BE FUTILE !!!!! :D

borg1.jpg
uconn-huskies-script-logo-primary.jpg

And we won't even bother assimilating you. We'll just kick your a*s and leave town when we feel like it.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think she is 3-1. Her Pan Am games team was pulled together at the last minute and gelled late falling short of a medal. But she was usually the best player on the floor anyway.

Better than players 2 and 3 years older.

A very knowledgeable source has said that she would be 1st team All-Big East if she were at UConn this year, as a 17-year old. Yikes!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Well I guess I dont have to say it, because reading the posts and inbetween the lines tells me alot of UConn fans feel UConn will go Undefeated for at least 2 years beginning next season.

Scary good. Whats scary is thinking how Geno will develop this group and how good they will be. There is not one hiccup in the lineup and our non starters may be the second best ranked team in the polls.

This may be the best team ever assembled beginning next season for at least 2 seasons. This team is so good, is there really any room for any kid ranked out of the top 5. This bunch is going to break alot of records.

I would think recruting or should I say attracting players to UConn in classes beginning with Diamond DeShields class and Sierra Calhouns class is going to be easier then in the past . Another thought with UConn scheduled to play Oregon and Mecedes Russell being from Oregon well I dont think thats a coincidence. JMO. Just thinking that Mecedes could end up with this group is almost unbeleivable. Well if Mecedes DD and Sierra all end up at UConn we may be undefeated alot longer then just 2 seasons.

Reaction Score
I am glad to see some attention being given to this class. These ladies are going to have great careers at UCONN.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I am glad to see some attention being given to this class. These ladies are going to have great careers at UCONN.
They will become household names and carry the banner for WCBB.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Who knows what evil lllluuurrrrkss in the heart of Nan? The Wonkster knows ... bwaaaah-hah-haaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh!!!

"Evil" and "Nan" in the same sentence? For shame, sir, for very shame!"

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
"Evil" and "Nan" in the same sentence? For shame, sir, for very shame!"
Well, "evil" may overstate things a bit: but, surely, "rascal" would be appropriate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom