Glen Miller New London Day article | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Glen Miller New London Day article

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You’re a buffoon.

When I have CL82 telling me I’m wrong and clowns like you attacking me it hardly is a reason to change my mind.

Yes all these people have goals in allignment and they all work together... but they have never so much as discussed the situation.

Benedict has $10 million on the line - I’m sure it never even crossed his mind to find out what Miller was going to tell the NCAA. The leak 90 minutes after the UCF game was magic.

Hilarious.

CL82

Reaction Score
When I have CL82 telling me I’m wrong and clowns like you attacking me it hardly is a reason to change my mind.

Yes all these people have goals in allignment and they all work together... but they have never so much as discussed the situation.

Benedict has $10 million on the line - I’m sure it never even crossed his mind to find out what Miller was going to tell the NCAA.

Hilarious.
I'm not saying you are wrong, I'm saying you haven't articulated anything that makes sense.

Oh and FYI, Glenn didn't work with (or for) Benedict when he was interviewed.

Timeline issues. The bane of the conspiracy theorist.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
fify

Can you explain to me why people get so upset at the idea the three of them communicated.

If you wanted Ollie gone and didn’t want to pay him and don’t mind using a rat if the ends justify the means - why are they besides themselves at the concept they worked together.

It would be bizarre if they didn’t. In the real world this is all people do everyday.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
If you think this is bad, try talking with some Saints fans about Sunday's game. They believe the NFL conspired against them because they wanted the Rams to win.
Higher TV ratings with the LA market. Have to admit it crossed my mind.

C

Chief00

It wasn’t in UConn’s interest to have a bitter Miller throwing out stories about recruiting payoffs.
Having said that, it’s possible a bitter and revengeful Miller outlived his usefulness and had to be reeled in by Calhoun. GM needed to be ejected from Storrs where the reminders of what was were just too compelling for GM to move on from. I don’t honestly know?
I do think Calhoun is ridiculously overselling GM by calling him the second best X and O coach in America. Only the head coach at Michigan is better per Calhoun. If true, It’s amazing that during the last two years no one has gotten beyond the rat odor and hired the second best X and O guy in the nation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
It wasn’t in UConn’s interest to have a bitter Miller throwing out stories about recruiting payoffs.
Having said that, it’s possible a bitter and revengeful Miller outlived his usefulness and had to be reeled in by Calhoun. GM needed to be ejected from Storrs where the reminders of what was were just too compelling for GM to move on from. I don’t honestly know?
I do think Calhoun is ridiculously overselling GM by calling him the second best X and O coach in America. Only the head coach at Michigan is better per Calhoun. If true, It’s amazing that during the last two years no one has gotten beyond the rat odor and hired the second best X and O guy in the nation.

Chief, I love ya' dude, but Ollie spurned Calhoun, the man who made him. Not surprising that certain birds came home to roost immediately afterwards. If KO didn't think snubbing JC was going to cost him, he seriously miscalculated (to the tune of $10M)...

CL82

Reaction Score
Chief, I love ya' dude, but Ollie spurned Calhoun, the man who made him. Not surprising that certain birds came home to roost immediately afterwards. If KO didn't think snubbing JC was going to cost him, he seriously miscalculated (to the tune of $10M)...
Spurned? Really?

If you are saying that Ollie didn't take advantage of Calhoun's incredible knowledge and experience and as a result made costly mistakes, I'll agree. If you are saying that Calhoun got butthurt because Ollie didn't want him at practices so he arranged for Ollie to be fired for cause, you are insane.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
Spurned? Really?

If you are saying that Ollie didn't take advantage of Calhoun's incredible knowledge and experience and as a result made costly mistakes, I'll agree. If you are saying that Calhoun got butthurt because Ollie didn't want him at practices so he arranged for Ollie to be fired for cause, you are insane.

I am certainly not saying anything was "arranged"... rather that the UConn family suddenly found itself in a house divided... I'm not a big fan of conspiracies. I think instead that instead of the coaches (all the coaches) and the team working together and trusting one another, we found ourselves in a place where personal motivations outweighed team and UConn family obligations. Take that as you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom