Glen Miller New London Day article | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Glen Miller New London Day article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Miller’s speculation was about a KO payoff to a parent. Miller was not an inexperience coach and he was familar enough with NCAA rules to know he was smearing KO. It was worse than a bad look, it was a terrible thing to do. It was all about revenge for being fired - nothing high minded. He had no first hand knowledge.
Where Chief grew up, GM checks all the boxes for being a rat.

Then why didn’t you warn your friend JC about working with him again?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
This notion that Calhoun master minded his, though entertaining, is silly.
Now I will say that the NCAA doesn't have subpoena power and Glen's offering up of speculation, was needless and not productive, but I chalk Miller's actions up to a lack of familiarity with the process. It definitely wasn't a great look for Miller, but it wasn't a plot to get Ollie either.

I don't buy the JC conspiracy in the slightest, but I don't think the was Glen Miller just going in front of the NCAA and being honest from a moral standpoint.

I think he let his bitterness get the best of him, and did it vindictively. I think if he had stepped back, and removed emotions from the equation, he would not have said many of those things on record. Because he effectively killed his own career. It was a stupid, stupid move.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Why would you "chalk it up to a lack of familiarity with the process"? Seems just as likely (or even more likely) he put out the speculation to harm Ollie. So a guy who has been coaching under NCAA guidelines for umpteen years is clueless on the process related to being interviewed by NCAA staff? I'll chalk that up as "unlikely".
Being interviewed is essentially like being testifying in court. It is a hard thing for an unprepared person to do.

If someone asked you "are you aware of anything other instances of KO violating NCAA rule, and you've heard a third party story, how do answer that?" There are ways to do it honestly but if Miller wasn't prepped by an attorney, he wouldn't know them.

Reaction Score
Miller’s speculation was about a KO payoff to a parent. Miller was not an inexperience coach and he was familar enough with NCAA rules to know he was smearing KO. It was worse than a bad look, it was a terrible thing to do. It was all about revenge for being fired - nothing high minded. He had no first hand knowledge.
Where Chief grew up, GM checks all the boxes for being a rat.
I still would like to know why GM was fired. Why was he singled out rather than another less experienced assistant? Wasn't he one year away from collecting his pension? I am not a GM fan but I think KO REALLY screwed him.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Anyone who doesn’t think Calhoun signed off on what Miller told the NCAA... i’m not even sure I can concoct an analogy to describe how ridiculous that is.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I mean if you are good with what Miller did because you like the potential outcome - that is fine but don’t pretend for a single second that you aren’t applying situational ethics because if Miller did that coming off a Sweet 16 season you’d burn him and anyone he loves at the stake.

C

Chief00

Anyone who doesn’t think Calhoun signed off on what Miller told the NCAA... i’m not even sure I can concoct an analogy to describe how ridiculous that is.

I don’t think anyone at UConn, including Calhoun, signed off on the payment to parent gossip. If true, we would face post season sanctions. Something the school did not want.

C

Chief00

I don't buy the JC conspiracy in the slightest, but I don't think the was Glen Miller just going in front of the NCAA and being honest from a moral standpoint.

I think he let his bitterness get the best of him, and did it vindictively. I think if he had stepped back, and removed emotions from the equation, he would not have said many of those things on record. Because he effectively killed his own career. It was a stupid, stupid move.

Confirmed.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
miller.jpg

CL82

Reaction Score
So you think Calhoun reviewed specific testimony with Miller ahead of time? Really? Because I think that is extraordinarily unlikely.

Now I can see an exchange, where Miller asked Calhoun what to do, and JC said "tell the truth." But the notion of Calhoun and Miller plotting about what GM should say to take down Ollie is bizarre.

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So you think Calhoun reviewed specific testimony with Miller ahead of time? Really? Because I think that is extraordinarily unlikely.

Now I can see an exchange, where Miller asked Calhoun what to do, and JC said "tell the truth." But the notion of Calhoun and Miller plotting about what GM should say to take down Ollie is bizarre.

Calhoun being employed by St Joe’s and UConn is ethically questionable to being with.

Of course he and Benedict knew what Miller was going to say. The school’s entire strategy is to leverage minor violations into ducking the buyout. If Benedict didn’t know what Miller was going to say to the NCAA then he’s even more inept than I could have ever suspected. Do you believe the leak the night of the UCF win didn’t come from the AD?

It’s the NCAA, not the Southern District of NY. There isn’t any reason to not know.

Miller knows he was unemployable by anyone other than Calhoun once he went rat - it was in Miller’s best interest as well to have Calhoun know exactly what he was going to say.

It’s not a conspiracy theory, it’s how people work together. Do you guys have jobs?

CL82

Reaction Score
Calhoun being employed by St Joe’s and UConn is ethically questionable to being with.

Of course he and Benedict knew what Miller was going to say. The school’s entire strategy is to leverage minor violations into ducking the buyout. If Benedict didn’t know what Miller was going to say to the NCAA then he’s even more inept than I could have ever suspected. Do you believe the leak the night of the UCF win didn’t come from the AD?

It’s the NCAA, not the Southern District of NY. There isn’t any reason to not know.

Miller knows he was unemployable by anyone other than Calhoun once he went rat - it was in Miller’s best interest as well to have Calhoun know exactly what he was going to say.

It’s not a conspiracy theory, it’s how people work together. Do you guys have jobs?
Nope, it's a conspiracy theory replete with a timeline that doesn't work.

You appear to be saying that Calhoun, as part of a conspiracy with Miller and Benedict, dropped his full time gig as as a consultant with UConn to take a full time gig as a DIII coach so that he could hire Miller as payoff for Miller giving testimony so that UConn could fire Ollie on a for cause basis. It all makes perfect sense!

Alternatively, maybe the NCAA made a request of everyone on the UConn coaching staff during the periods it was investigating to come in for an interview, including recently fired Miller.

I think I'll go with Occam's Razor answer.

Reaction Score

This guy is full blown batsh*t crazy.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nope, it's a conspiracy theory replete with a timeline that doesn't work.

You appear to be saying that Calhoun, as part of a conspiracy with Miller and Benedict, dropped his full time gig as as a consultant with UConn to take a full time gig as a DIII coach so that he could hire Miller as payoff for Miller giving testimony so that UConn could fire Ollie on a for cause basis. It all makes perfect sense!

Alternatively, maybe the NCAA made a request of everyone on the UConn coaching staff during the periods it was investigating to come in for an interview, including recently fired Miller.

I think I'll go with Occam's Razor answer.

Not what I’m saying at all, which is par for the course when dealing with you.

Calhoun didn’t sever ties with UConn.

If you have to believe absurd things in order to lie to yourself for some reason I can’t even understand - knock yourself out... but if you think Miller acted alone and it just happened to work out perfectly for Benedict and Miller took a chance Calhoun would be fine with it.. yikes, grown up Peter Pan.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I don't understand how you can claim this is what happened while also claiming that no one in the athletic department knows what they're doing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I don't understand how you can claim this is what happened while also claiming that no one in the athletic department knows what they're doing.

Yeah I’m givng Benedict some credit for being opportunistic.

You’d think those applying situational ethics on this topic would be happy for a rare win for that guy.

Or it could be that Miller who works for Calhoun who works for Benedict didn’t work together when they had a clear reason to do so. Yet, in the end it worked out exactly how all three wanted. And what’s the benefit of believing this fantasy?

CL82

Reaction Score
Not what I’m saying at all, which is par for the course when dealing with you.

Calhoun didn’t sever ties with UConn.

If you have to believe absurd things in order to lie to yourself for some reason I can’t even understand - knock yourself out... but if you think Miller acted alone and it just happened to work out perfectly for Benedict and Miller took a chance Calhoun would be fine with it.. yikes, grown up Peter Pan.
I think I saw Benedict and Calhoun on the grassy knoll signaling to Miller while he was interviewed!
Or it could be that Miller who works for Calhoun who works for Benedict didn’t work together when they had a clear reason to do so.
Who works for Herbst (aka SuzyLax) so she was likely "in on it too." Am I right?

Sorry Whaler it just doesn't make any sense, at all.

Reaction Score

You’re a buffoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69