OT: - Give your best sports trivia question (rules in thread) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Give your best sports trivia question (rules in thread)

Reaction Score
Whoa... Totally wild guess but I'll say Mays and Ruth. And Ruth only because he was an idiotic baserunner and would have attempted to steal home far too many times.
I feel like it has to be real old-timey, more to do with how common it was to try to steal home than with how fast the runner is. Like, Ken Griffey Jr. is a sensible guess, but not possibly correct because nobody steals home anymore (or even in the 90s).

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Whoa... Totally wild guess but I'll say Mays and Ruth. And Ruth only because he was an idiotic baserunner and would have attempted to steal home far too many times.
Damn. Given those two choices, never would've guessed it was the fat white guy.

Speaking of stolen bases, most know that Elly De La Cruz was the last player to steal 2nd, 3rd and home in the same inning, having done it just last year with the Reds. Who was the last guy in the AL to do it?

Reaction Score
Who is the only school to have the #1 pick for NBA and NFL same year

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
The Matthews have like 7 over 3 generations.
Six Sutter Brothers played in the NHL at the same time, the earliest started in the late 1970's and the last in the mid 1990's. At least four sons have made it to the NHL and I believe there are a couple more who will in the reasonably near future.

Reaction Score
Who is the only player to hit 2 home runs completely out of Dodger Stadium?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
In the Blockbuster 1975 NHL trade between the Rangers and Bruins that sent Phil Esposito and Carol Vadnais to New York and Jean Ratelle and Brad Park to Boston, who was the 5th player added to the trade sent from NY to Boston?

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
In the Blockbuster 1975 NHL trade between the Rangers and Bruins that sent Phil Esposito and Carol Vadnais to New York and Jean Ratelle and Brad Park to Boston, who was the 5th player added to the trade sent from NY to Boston?
1 - I despised that trade when it happened and it is still a sore subject. It happened shortly after they let Giacomin go and I wanted to take a bat to Emil Francis' head.
2 - It was a minor league throw-in with an Italian last name. John or Joe I believe, last name was something like Zanelli.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Who is the only player in MLB history to hit two grand slams in the same inning?

Reaction Score
Damn. Given those two choices, never would've guessed it was the fat white guy.

Speaking of stolen bases, most know that Elly De La Cruz was the last player to steal 2nd, 3rd and home in the same inning, having done it just last year with the Reds. Who was the last guy in the AL to do it?
My guess is either my boy randy arozarena or kenny lofton. Maybe Joey gathright....

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
1 - I despised that trade when it happened and it is still a sore subject. It happened shortly after they let Giacomin go and I wanted to take a bat to Emil Francis' head.
2 - It was a minor league throw-in with an Italian last name. John or Joe I believe, last name was something like Zanelli.

Close enough! Joe Zanussi!

Yeah, losing Park was tough.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Who is the only player in MLB history to hit two grand slams in the same inning?
since that was answered quickly, another fairly easy one along same lines:
Who is the only pitcher to hit two grand slams in the same game?

Reaction Score
AL West
Man. Tough. I have 3 guesses.
Trout is my obvious guess but non obvious would be
Marcus Simien
Or... and not sure where this guy was in 2019 but I know he was a mariner at some point.
Dee Gordon

Last ditch guess is Shohei

Reaction Score
since that was answered quickly, another fairly easy one along same lines:
Who is the only pitcher to hit two grand slams in the same game?
Jake arrieta? Or micah Owing? Or maybe Mike Hampton.
I'm just thinking about the best hitting pitchers. Part of me remembers Hampton doing something crazy

Reaction Score
This could get messy, but we're adults. Post one of your favorite sports trivia questions (without the answer). Try to post only one question, and if someone guesses correctly that's when you can reveal. Any sports counts. You can answer a question, post one of your own or do both: up to you.

Here's mine:
13 baseball players have won back to back mvps:
Every position on the field is represented at least once.

Some positions have multiple winners:

3 1st basement have won it
4 outfielders have won
And one guy who played all over the field.

Name all 13

Good luck and cheaters never win
This used to be my go to trivia question. You could have made the the case that the first nine guys all played different positions.

Reaction Score
When I was on the top of my sports trivia game and considered my unbeatable. . I was stumped by the following
In the famous double play combination Timkers to. Evers to Chance.
Who played third base ?
You always remember you defeats for some reason

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom