OT: - Give your best sports trivia question (rules in thread) | Page 11 | The Boneyard

OT: Give your best sports trivia question (rules in thread)

Reaction Score
I don't know, but I'd definitely consider 8 championships in 10 years to be unbreakable, or 16 championships in 32 years for that matter.
It’s North Adams MA native Jack Chesbro 41 wins and 454 IP in 1904. When the Yankees were the Highlanders.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
What are the 2 most unbreakable Yankee single season records.
Entirely subjective but I'll go with the following:

Jack Chesboro: wins in a season - 41
Joe DiMaggio: consecutive game hitting streak - 56

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
It’s North Adams MA native Jack Chesbro 41 wins and 454 IP in 1904. When the Yankees were the Highlanders.

Didn't see this.

I'll state (have for a number of years now) that any complete games record (consecutive, season, career) by individual pitcher for team, league, MLB or by team is as safe of a record as there could be.

Reaction Score
What are the 2 most unbreakable Yankee single season records.
I'm guessing you're saying joe D streak and the number of boos Joey Gallo received?

Reaction Score
Out of the 4 major sports which alums won a championship in each of those sports. I will break it down for each sport.

NHL- no one

MLB- 2

NFL-7

NBA-There have been 10 alums who have been part of an nba finals team, 6 of them have a championship. Name the ones who who the championship and name the ones who were on the finals losing team.

MLB is Springer and Barnes.
NFL I’ll have to noodle on.
NBA I’m going with Allen, Rip, Burrell, Knight, Butler and…did Hilton randomly play on a warriors title team for a bit?

Reaction Score
MLB is Springer and Barnes.
NFL I’ll have to noodle on.
NBA I’m going with Allen, Rip, Burrell, Knight, Butler and…did Hilton randomly play on a warriors title team for a bit?
Hilton was on the Warriors staff, can you name 4 alums who were on the losing team of the finals.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
The obvious football players are Nick Giaquinto and Anthony (Sherminator) Sherman.

Not sure if Andrew Adams was on the Bucs when they won a few years ago. Same with Will Beatty and the Giants in 2011.
I think Tyler Lorenzen was part of the Saints roster (but not active roster) when they won.

Reaction Score
Didn't see this.

I'll state (have for a number of years now) that any complete games record (consecutive, season, career) by individual pitcher for team, league, MLB or by team is as safe of a record as there could be.
That would make it unbreakable while Joe D 56 game hitting hitting streak is a needle in the sea kind of odds is still breakable.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Hilton was on the Warriors staff, can you name 4 alums who were on the losing team of the finals.
RIP lost the year after the Pistons won it all (won in 2004; lost in 2005).
Donyell was on the Cavs in 2007.
Ray was on a Celtics team that got beat by Kobe's Lakers.
I'm pretty sure that one year Cliff's Trailblazers made it to the finals and lost to the Bulls.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Ed Walsh threw 464 innings for the White Sox in 1908, so one of your records was already beaten (unfortunately he only got 40 wins, the bum).

fwiw, on the list of innings pitched in a single season, Chesbro ranks 118th. You want a horse, check out Old Hoss Radbourn. Dude threw 600+ innings multiple times. And that was before foul balls were counted as strikes and home plate was a 12" square.

As far as the 41 wins, yes, that's the record from 1900-today. Prior to 1900, 23 other pitchers won more than 41 games in a season, with Radbourn topping the list at 60 wins.

Reaction Score
The obvious football players are Nick Giaquinto and Anthony (Sherminator) Sherman.

Not sure if Andrew Adams was on the Bucs when they won a few years ago. Same with Will Beatty and the Giants in 2011.
I think Tyler Lorenzen was part of the Saints roster (but not active roster) when they won.
Correct and John Dorsey won 2 superbowls as an executive, he did trade for Mahomes btw, since he left the Chiefs hes been a part of 3 nfl teams, impressive resume John Dorsey (American football) - Wikipedia

Reaction Score
RIP lost the year after the Pistons won it all (won in 2004; lost in 2005).
Donyell was on the Cavs in 2007.
Ray was on a Celtics team that got beat by Kobe's Lakers.
I'm pretty sure that one year Cliff's Trailblazers made it to the finals and lost to the Bulls.
Donny was on the Nets Jason Kidd led team, while Ollie was on the 2001 76ers and Donyell was the 2007 Cavs, Cliff was on the 2 Blazers teams that lost to the Pistons and Bulls in 90 and 92.

Reaction Score
Ed Walsh threw 464 innings for the White Sox in 1908, so one of your records was already beaten (unfortunately he only got 40 wins, the bum).

fwiw, on the list of innings pitched in a single season, Chesbro ranks 118th. You want a horse, check out Old Hoss Radbourn. Dude threw 600+ innings multiple times. And that was before foul balls were counted as strikes and home plate was a 12" square.

As far as the 41 wins, yes, that's the record from 1900-today. Prior to 1900, 23 other pitchers won more than 41 games in a season, with Radbourn topping the list at 60 wins.
Impressive but I did specifically say Yankee record.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Correct and John Dorsey won 2 superbowls as an executive, he did trade for Mahomes btw, since he left the Chiefs hes been a part of 3 nfl teams, impressive resume John Dorsey (American football) - Wikipedia
I was going to ask if it had to be a player. I knew Dorsey was an executive with the Chiefs (until the power struggle with Andy Reid) and a few other teams.

Reaction Score

Obi Melifonwu was on the Pats in 2018, I forgot to ask this question but the guys on the losing Super Bowl team are Brian Kozlowski 98 Falcons, Donald Brown 2009 Colts, and Donald Thomas 2011 Pats.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Name the 5 highest of all time active managers getting ejected from an MLB game? Obviously it can change from day to day.
I probably could've guessed this last year, but Francona, Baker and Showalter quit.

Gotta be around awhile, so odds are Bochy and Melvin are on the list. Bud Black too. Probably Counsell as I've seen him tossed a ton. Who's fifth... tossup between Cash and Roberts I'd think. I'll go Roberts since nobody goes to Rays games to get excited over Cash's histrionics.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
On the theme of a post I just responded to in another thread:

Rent Free

The children of two New York Ranger players from the late 60's early 70's era had children who went on to what would at least qualify as minor celebrity outside of professional ice hockey. One (Brooke Nevin) is addressed in the linked thread (her father was Bob Nevin). Who is the other (please name both parent and offspring).

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
On the theme of a post I just responded to in another thread:

Rent Free

The children of two New York Ranger players from the late 60's early 70's era had children who went on to what would at least qualify as minor celebrity outside of professional ice hockey. One (Brooke Nevin) is addressed in the linked thread (her father was Bob Nevin). Who is the other (please name both parent and offspring).
I'm confused if it's children (Brooke) or children of children (grandchildren) as the first sentence reads.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I'm confused if it's children (Brooke) or children of children (grandchildren) as the first sentence reads.
Sorry for the confusion. Children, nor grandchildren

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Sorry for the confusion. Children, nor grandchildren
I have no idea who Brooke Nevin is, nor what you'd consider a "minor celebrity" these days, but I'll wager that Tim Horton's daughter is worth more than any of the other kids.

Reaction Score
I probably could've guessed this last year, but Francona, Baker and Showalter quit.

Gotta be around awhile, so odds are Bochy and Melvin are on the list. Bud Black too. Probably Counsell as I've seen him tossed a ton. Who's fifth... tossup between Cash and Roberts I'd think. I'll go Roberts since nobody goes to Rays games to get excited over Cash's histrionics.
I have another one for you. Who hit 60 home runs in 1932?

Reaction Score

I was surprised to see Boone at #4.

IMG_0883.jpeg

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I have another one for you. Who hit 60 home runs in 1932?
I don't know. Jimmy Foxx swore he hit 61, but was denied 3 due to barbed wire at Shibe Park.

Reaction Score
I don't know. Jimmy Foxx swore he hit 61, but was denied 3 due to barbed wire at Shibe Park.
Actually Foxx hit 60 that year but two of them were during games that were rained out and didn’t count. Back in those days they didn’t count stats in rainouts, so he only got credit for 58.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom