OT: - Give your best sports trivia question (rules in thread) | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Give your best sports trivia question (rules in thread)

Reaction Score
This pro Colorado legend backed up this pro Colorado legend in college at a position the backup went pro in. The starter went pro in a different sport.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
MLB: Who has 500 hits for 4 different teams, yet did not reach 3000?
Helluva question... surprised I've never heard this one before.

Roberto Alomar

(edit: nope, but amazingly close: 832/497/564/496)

Reaction Score
Ok don’t cheat here this one if for the older Husky crowd:

The 78-79 ECAC champion Huskies had their starting 5 and then their top 3 scorers off the bench ALL from the State of Connecticut .

Name them:

Reaction Score
This could get messy, but we're adults. Post one of your favorite sports trivia questions (without the answer). Try to post only one question, and if someone guesses correctly that's when you can reveal. Any sports counts. You can answer a question, post one of your own or do both: up to you.

Here's mine:
13 baseball players have won back to back mvps:
Every position on the field is represented at least once.

Some positions have multiple winners:

3 1st basement have won it
4 outfielders have won
And one guy who played all over the field.

Name all 13

Good luck and cheaters never win
Since the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament started in 1939 there have been nine states that have multiple schools win the men's NCAA Basketball Tournament. Can you name them?

Can you name the state that has had the most schools win the tournament?

Reaction Score

The 78-79 ECAC champion Huskies had their starting 5 and then their top 3 scorers off the bench ALL from the State of Connecticut .

Name them:
Jeff Carr, John DeLagrange, Randy Lavigne, Jim Abromaitis, Corny Thompson, Earl Kelly, Mike McKay and Bob Dulin.

Shout out to Nick Stevkovich even though not from CT

Reaction Score
Seems odd that it was 295 for the first 13 years and then they took the trouble and expense to move it to 296, where it remained from 1937 to 1976,
The right field warning track was notoriously narrow so maybe they decided to give it an extra foot.

Reaction Score
Since the NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament started in 1939 there have been nine states that have multiple schools win the men's NCAA Basketball Tournament. Can you name them?

I had to look up after getting 7

Reaction Score
Jeff Carr, John DeLagrange, Randy Lavigne, Jim Abromaitis, Corny Thompson, Earl Kelly, Mike McKay and Bob Dulin.

Shout out to Nick Stevkovich even though not from CT
Was Norman Bailey on that team or did he come later?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

NY PA NC MI WI CA KY TX OH

CA: UCLA, Cal, Stanford, San Francisco.

I'm kinda surprised more folks can't name every champion. My experience is that once you look at the list, most all the names stick with you for years, even the smaller schools from 40s & 50s.

Reaction Score
NY PA NC MI WI CA KY TX OH

CA: UCLA, Cal, Stanford, San Francisco.

I'm kinda surprised more folks can't name every champion. My experience is that once you look at the list, most all the names stick with you for years, even the smaller schools from 40s & 50s.
That's correct

Reaction Score

I’ll take a guess and say California, of course it depends on how far back you go as I’m not sure when the NCAA in its present form came into being.

Reaction Score
What are the most hits a team can have in 1/2 inning in baseball without scoring a run, and how.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
What are the most hits a team can have in 1/2 inning in baseball without scoring a run, and how.
Can't see how it could be more than six. At some point bases are loaded and there are two force outs at home. Then last batter gets a single, but runner on third falls on his face or something and gets thrown out at home.

Reaction Score

Name them:
Abromaitis & Clay Johnson (both from Holy Cross Waterbury)
Randy Lavigne
Bobby Dulin
Corny Thompson
Mike McKay
Jeff Carr

No idea on # 8.

Reaction Score
Can't see how it could be more than six. At some point bases are loaded and there are two force outs at home. Then last batter gets a single, but runner on third falls on his face or something and gets thrown out at home.
6 is correct but your reasoning is not. That runner at home would be forced out and therefore no single is credited.

Reaction Score
It seems it would be 5. Single, pick off, single pick off, 3 singles, then final out each. If runner gets thrown out at home, it a force out do no hit for the batter.

Reaction Score
6 is correct but your reasoning is not. That runner at home would be forced out and therefore no single is credited.
Would it be a hit if runner coming home misses home plate and is called out on appeal?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom