OT: - Give Kevin Ollie Credit | The Boneyard

OT: Give Kevin Ollie Credit

Reaction Score
Joaquin Phoenix Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
I will bite lol.

Kevins suits were very nice, relative to your flavor of course. Jay wore some high end Italians as well more to my liking but both were well dressed coaches.

Having said that I will go one further I like the variety of 1/4 zip Nova pullovers Jay and his staff wore this past year to all games. I liked them much getter than the suit/sport jacket - no tie look our coaches wore all year, especially when buttoning white shirts to the to without a tie. Uggghhh

Hope they go to the UConn pullovers, casual wear this coming year much better look.

Ok have at it LOL

Reaction Score
I will bite lol.

Kevins suits were very nice, relative to your flavor of course. Jay wore some high end Italians as well more to my liking but both were well dressed coaches.

Having said that I will go one further I like the variety of 1/4 zip Nova pullovers Jay and his staff wore this past year to all games. I liked them much getter than the suit/sport jacket - no tie look our coaches wore all year, especially when buttoning white shirts to the to without a tie. Uggghhh

Hope they go to the UConn pullovers, casual wear this coming year much better look.

Ok have at it LOL
Didn't care for the Italian suits. I was a Brooks Bros. guy myself when I had to wear them. With that said, even 'Nova fans hated the new look calling it his Star Trek uniform. I will add that some of them were in stunning "Spock 'n' Bones" blue.

1650551390144.png
1650551420420.png

Reaction Score
Didn't care for the Italian suits. I was a Brooks Bros. guy myself when I had to wear them. With that said, even 'Nova fans hated the new look calling it his Star Trek uniform. I will add that some of them were in stunning "Spock 'n' Bones" blue.

View attachment 75807 View attachment 75808

Brooks Bros as well when they were part of the working man, yep agree. But Jay did look dapper but prolly more like Gotti than Calhoun.

I still like the pullover look, heck its my attire with my company name on every color available. That way the boss can't tell whether I'm visiting clients or playing 18. (shorts are in the car)

Reaction Score
The only thing KO gets credit for is almost destroying our basketball program.

That would be by those who don't know much but they aren't that brilliant! It's certainly part of it no doubt but if that's all then these people are lost.

Reaction Score
I will bite lol.

Ok have at it LOL
I just don’t get the white shirt fully buttoned w/o a tie. Would look nice if they left the last button undone.

Reaction Score
The guy who led UConn to a NC in 2014 a year after probation - that's who
@gtcam I am fully aware of what he accomplished in his short tenure as a coach. This is a sore subject for you, I will always have a place for him in the UConn lore however I have moved on and could care less who's suit was better.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No Kevin Ollie, no 2014 trophy.
There is a direct connection between posts like this and the incessant spoiled whining that goes on around here.
We're reaching the point where the position expressed by Connecticut13 might be exceeding the duration of the contention that "Jerome Dyson was a lousy player because he never won a post season game!".

I give Chief credit for lasting as long as he did arguing that point well after everyone else moved on. His nadir was your zenith BigErn. Before then you were kind of languishing. It got to the point many Boneyarders were waiting for one of your quips in response to Chief. And you never failed us. Only thing different between then and now is you have a lot more fish in the barrel to choose from.

Reaction Score
No Kevin Ollie, no 2014 trophy.
Eh, I don't know. We'll never really know, will we? In my eyes, that 2014 trophy was because of Shabazz Napier, Ryan Boatright and Deandre Daniels (among other players - none of whom were brought in by Ollie).

Of course, the debate over Kevin Ollie on the Boneyard isn't new. I usually stay out of it. But I couldn't resist making a comment this time!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom