Gilbert | The Boneyard

Gilbert

Reaction Score
nice game today, Gaffney looked lost and unable to handle the moment

Freshmen are freshmen sometimes. They were both pretty bad tonight. I doubt it was an inability to handle the moment, though. I'm sure the kid played in dozens of venues in high school that were more intimidating.

A road win's a road win. Credit to the veteran guards for playing like it.

Reaction Score
nice game today, Gaffney looked lost and unable to handle the moment
Gaffney had a rough couple minutes at the beginning and then looked like he just got into his own head from there. I have faith Hurley will have him back in it for the conference tournament. Gilbert played well today and took that pressure on.

Reaction Score
Freshmen are freshmen sometimes. They were both pretty bad tonight. I doubt it was an inability to handle the moment, though. I'm sure the kid played in dozens of venues in high school that were more intimidating.

A road win's a road win. Credit to the veteran guards for playing like it.
I stopped playing basketball in middle school and I'm pretty sure I played in front of bigger crowds

Reaction Score
That was a pathetic crowd. Just awful. You’ll never see that in the Big East. Each night I put a Big East game on and admire the crowd only to realize I’m watching two teams with 15-15 records. The Big East will be so much better.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t think of “the moment” as a half empty high school gym full of hungover people, but that’s just me.

Reaction Score
He still can't get that 2nd three. It feels like 5 games in a row he hits the first then misses the rest. Otherwise great.

Reaction Score
The older guards played really well, and Adams was an impact player as well. Bouk was off today, but still showed flashes of who he is. Still nobody I would rather have in a UConn uniform.

Btw, that block by Sid was insane, despite really being a goaltend. It's a play that will be talked about for decades, he was up that high.

Any conference win on the road is a good one. These guys have become a treat to watch. The most likeable UConn team since Bazz & Boat, IMO.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That crowd was about fans showing up for a last place team. That was fortunate for us. I doubt we win this game if there was a modicum of a pulse in that place.

We lose this game badly without the leadership of CV and AG. Props to those guys.

Reaction Score
first team that looks like they give a darn since then

Reaction Score
The older guards played really well, and Adams was an impact player as well. Bouk was off today, but still showed flashes of who he is. Still nobody I would rather have in a UConn uniform.

Btw, that block by Sid was insane, despite really being a goaltend. It's a play that will be talked about for decades, he was up that high.

Any conference win on the road is a good one. These guys have become a treat to watch. The most likeable UConn team since Bazz & Boat, IMO.

Yeah, I would say that.

Reaction Score
That was a pathetic crowd. Just awful. You’ll never see that in the Big East. Each night I put a Big East game on and admire the crowd only to realize I’m watch two teams with 15-15 records. The Big East will be so much better.
Wait until Seton Hall has a losing record again. They will put less than 6,000 in an 18,0000 seat venue.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Semi-competant refs and we win that by 12+.
There were a lot of bad calls.

The refs were an issue but the team played tight and missed a lot of easy looks as well as not playing decent defense to make the refs the primary issue. Maybe you're being facetious and blaming the ref for not catching the Jalen pass.:cool:

Does anyone have an idea of how often UConn got burnt on the hard hedge versus it's effectiveness. First game where I thought Whaley struggled with it.

Reaction Score
That crowd was about fans showing up for a last place team. That was fortunate for us. I doubt we win this game if there was a modicum of a pulse in that place.

We lose this game badly without the leadership of CV and AG. Props to those guys.
There is no likely scenario where we lose this game badly

ctchamps

Reaction Score
There is no likely scenario where we lose this game badly
Those two guys got almost 50% of the production and the team really needed Al's and CV's leadership. Perhaps the other players might have upped their play if CV and AG had to sit much of the game because of foul trouble or both had games like their early conference clunkers, but that is unlikely.

I'm not going to argue about an unprovable point. Those two guys carried the team this game. That's the salient point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom