Gilbert out for season...again | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Gilbert out for season...again

Reaction Score
The kid is a great man on defender. If we can ever keep a team together for awhile he will be a key to the D .
Even if he may no longer be much of an offensive threat getting help to freshman guards is big. He will not loose that quickness.
Good Luck AG

Reaction Score
KO has never been a Head coach before UConn. He is young coach and is learning some valuable lessons. I think he has learned his lesson and will improve in areas he is lacking as a coach. Imo his future as a coach is promising and we are lucky to have him. Watch him become one of the best coaches in the game at some other school and then we will be kicking ourselves for letting him go. They say one does not appreciate something good until it's gone. Well I'm not willing to take the risk. Our credibility as a program does not rest on the last 2 or 3 years. We had some unfortunate things happen to us. We need to be patient and good things will happen.

I've been on this train for a while, but I got off at the last stop. This isn't true with Bobby Hurley, Archie Miller, Mike White, etc. They're all on about the same timeline in terms of years coaching. But KO hasn't improved like these guys.

I feel so bad for Rique. I had a labrum tear in high school and I still feel it a bit today. Best of luck to him.

pj

Reaction Score
I've been on this train for a while, but I got off at the last stop. This isn't true with Bobby Hurley, Archie Miller, Mike White, etc. They're all on about the same timeline in terms of years coaching. But KO hasn't improved like these guys.

I feel so bad for Rique. I had a labrum tear in high school and I still feel it a bit today. Best of luck to him.

KO isn't as smart as those guys, didn't have a coach for a father, and he followed a Hall of Famer who endowed him with his assistant coaches. It took until this last summer for him to shed the Calhoun assistants and complete his own staff. But, although he may be a slower learner, KO can still get to the coaching summit.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom