Gift for JC - How Much Are You Talking? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Gift for JC - How Much Are You Talking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'm in for $250 for whatever the unwashed masses decide to do.

My own opinion, which should ordinarily replace your own as soon as you read it, is that whatever we do should have some benefit to someone. Scholarship, donation to the heart center, something in JC's home town, something else that the Foundation suggests...basically a donation to something that breathes.

A statue is nice and a plaque is nice, but at the end of the day, it's just something else that needs to be dusted.

Now, the peeps who are working on this kinda need to know what they're working with or they are just spinning their wheels.

It's great to say "I'm in", but if you're really in, you gotta let them know...either post in this thread or send jleves a PM and give him the information. Whatever you're most comfortable with - just get to it as soon as possible.

The added benefit of this is there is no target. You don't say, "we need 12k for a billboard". You collect every penny you can, from $5 to $500, plus if it goes to a valid cancer center, it's tax deductible for those Boneyarders that actually work for a living. I think Jim would be more moved by the donation, given his history. Just link a tracking meter to PayPal right on the site.

Reaction Score
Okay, what is the practical alternative to a billboard? A billboard may cost too much, but that depends on people committing to the cause now or not. What would be a do-able alternative? If 200 people contributed an average of $50, that is $10,000.00. Maybe 100 people contributing an average of $100.00 is more realistically possible with some going in for more.

Maybe we should organize a parade to honor Jim Calhoun?

I think a public show of appreciation on a billboard would be a nice tribute if done well.

If people were really ready to be "in," I hope that they are committing now so that realistic options could be considered.

A billboard costs $10,000 ???

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Locking this thread - you can post your amounts in the running count thread or PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom