Gibbs | The Boneyard

Gibbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm trying not to be too negative on the guy, but he continues to underwhelm me. Made at least 2-3 really careless and lazy passes and plays defense like he could care less. I'm glad Omar is stepping up and I hope we get more out of Jalen than we did today, because Gibbs scares me if we have to rely on him. He's a way less-talented version of James Harden, just seems to me like he doesn't care other than when he's getting his shots up.

Granted, most everyone except DHam Rodney and Omar played like they were sleepwalking today, but I see a bad trend w Gibbs. Would still love to see a wake up call for him by not starting him one of these games.

Reaction Score
Besides RP and Omar nobody played particularly well today. Gibbs did make a couple terrible passes but he also had some fantastic drives/finishes and seemed to find his 3 point stroke. JA is the only person who could possibly replace Gibbs in the starting lineup and he did absolutely nothing against inferior competition.

Reaction Score
I'm trying not to be too negative on the guy, but he continues to underwhelm me. Made at least 2-3 really careless and lazy passes and plays defense like he could care less. I'm glad Omar is stepping up and I hope we get more out of Jalen than we did today, because Gibbs scares me if we have to rely on him. He's a way less-talented version of James Harden, just seems to me like he doesn't care other than when he's getting his shots up.

Granted, most everyone except DHam Rodney and Omar played like they were sleepwalking today, but I see a bad trend w Gibbs. Would still love to see a wake up call for him by not starting him one of these games.

Let me ask you this. Watching today's game would you start Jalen over him now because of how they both played? Gibbs did make a couple awful passes, as did others. But he made some shots, made a couple nice driving hoops also while Jalen did? In other words they were mostly all bad minus Omar and Rodney, but not sure Sterling is the next one I pick on?

H

huskymagic

Gibbs is not and will not be the answer. Forget about James Harden, Gibbs is a less talented and athletic version of Jerome Dyson. The sooner Jalen Adams starts and the sooner Gibbs is benched and doesn't play alongside Jalen and Rodney the better we will be. Omar should take Gibbs minutes. I don't want to see anymore fifth year transfers aka basketball mercenaries unless they are tenacious defenders or rebounding energy guys or glue guys who know their roles. You pretty much are spot on about Gibbs. He looks like a guy who has QUIT all over him.

Reaction Score

I could only imagine how bad he would be if he couldn't care less.

Reaction Score
Gibbs is not and will not be the answer. Forget about James Harden, Gibbs is a less talented and athletic version of Jerome Dyson. The sooner Jalen Adams starts and the sooner Gibbs is benched and doesn't play alongside Jalen and Rodney the better we will be. Omar should take Gibbs minutes. I don't want to see anymore fifth year transfers aka basketball mercenaries unless they are tenacious defenders or rebounding energy guys or glue guys who know their roles. You pretty much are spot on about Gibbs. He looks like a guy who has QUIT all over him.

And you're not the answer to anything magic man.Let's throw Omar in at the point - what a dope you are!

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Ollie will not have the luxury of Boat or Bazz. He will have luxury of three/four guys who can make plays for others.

Reaction Score
Let me ask you this. Watching today's game would you start Jalen over him now because of how they both played? Gibbs did make a couple awful passes, as did others. But he made some shots, made a couple nice driving hoops also while Jalen did? In other words they were mostly all bad minus Omar and Rodney, but not sure Sterling is the next one I pick on?
Can you please tell me in my post where I said Jalen was better than Sterling today? I know what I wrote, and I sure as hell didn't write that. Instead of being a with an itchy trigger finger when you read a post that might not agree with your all-knowing basketball mind, why don't you try reading first? All I suggested was MAYBE he shouldn't start ONE of these games as a message.....not sure how that gets you to jump to conclusions about Jalen. Jesus you're insufferable on this board.

Reaction Score
Ollie will not have the luxury of Boat or Bazz. He will have luxury of three/four guys who can make plays for others.

The inconsistency of all at times will make it tough on KO and he will need to read each game and figure it out. Bad news is the 3 guards (SG, JA, RP) had 10 TO's and add DHam's 4 since he handles is a ton this was a very bad outing on both sides of the ball today. Hopefully just rust!

Reaction Score
I got mixed feelings on Gibbs. I think he gets too careless and starts making risky plays against inferior competition. I do feel more comfortable having the ball in his hands than anyone else on the team.

Reaction Score
And you're not the answer to anything magic man.Let's throw Omar in at the point - what a dope you are!
And once again your reading comprehension skills come up woefully short.....where did the poster say Omar should play point? He said Omar should take some of Sterling's minutes. Please allow the full time from your eyes to your fingers and let the synapses connect before you continue to put words in other people's mouths. It will make you look a little less dumb and a little less judgemental.

Reaction Score
And once again your reading comprehension skills come up woefully short.....where did the poster say Omar should play point? He said Omar should take some of Sterling's minutes.

You added the "some" to that.

The guy is a goofball and no one should take anything he says seriously.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
And once again your reading comprehension skills come up woefully short.....where did the poster say Omar should play point? He said Omar should take some of Sterling's minutes. Please allow the full time from your eyes to your fingers and let the synapses connect before you continue to put words in other people's mouths. It will make you look a little less dumb and a little less judgemental.

I'm pretty sure the Omar at the point thing was sarcasm.

Reaction Score
SG is going to get minutes no matter how you divide it up and Omar isn't going to steal many minutes since they play different positions and Omar is not really quick enough to play the 2. Guys our D was more of the problem than our offense when we shoot 64% for the game.

Reaction Score

Did you read what Mau said? If Omar takes some minutes from Gibbs it means Jalen plays more at point. Unless the poster would like Sam to play more. Jalen did squat. So who plays point when Omar comes in to play SF?

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score

Dude, did you have to disrespect Jerome Dyson, a fan favorite and an actual "good" college player. Why? Nothing about Gibbs reminds me of Dyson.

Reaction Score

This post which missed the obvious sarcasm to a dope like magic, and you call me condescending? I'm guessing anyone who would even think there's a person on this board who agrees with anything husky magic says isn't too bright either. By the way gb read plenty of your posts and I could care less what you think, seriously! After all you seem to have a little magic in your game too.;)

Last edited by a moderator:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Dude, did you have to disrespect Jerome Dyson, a fan favorite and an actual "good" college player. Why? Nothing about Gibbs reminds me of Dyson.

Didn't have too many guys who could get to the tin like Dyson. Tony Robertson maybe.

Reaction Score
They weren't exactly the same but out of all the players we've had those two guys reminded me of each other the most.

They had both the bounce and the power when needed going to the rim. I agree really similar, creative guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom