Getting that Feeling (Again) . . . | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Getting that Feeling (Again) . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
This team is not as good as the '06 team, but it is more like the '06 team as it is extremely balanced, and has really good players up and down the lineup, but doesn't really have the STAR or two STARS that make winning championships easier.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Hence why it was called 'the Dream Season'. There wasn't much expectation of that kind of run.

Before the season started, true. But BL challenged the statement "from early on". And it doesn't get earlier on than an exhibition game. And anyone who went to that Russian game had raised expectations early on.

Reaction Score
This team is not as good as the '06 team, but it is more like the '06 team as it is extremely balanced, .. . .
@businesslawyer - I disagree as completely as one could disagree.
The exact problem with the '06 team was that it did not have any balance, with Marcus being the only true ball handler and distributor.

@intlzncster - I think that Giffey's insertion into the starting role, and subsequent greater role on the team, was the reason the team went from very good to contenders. You appear to be focusing on his absolute basketball talent, as if we were measuring him in a gym during a combine-like try out. I measure him based on fit and finish with the team. He was the final piece of the puzzle, and, in that regard, was as crucial as Bazz, because we don't win without him being in there.

Regarding his shooting - he hit a 3 late from the left corner to give us a cushion very late one game elite eight or later (can't quite remember). Hit two HUGE threes in the Kentucky game and had two HUGE stops on the weird looking guy down the stretch, getting the rebound to boot on one. Loved him as the consummate team player.

Reaction Score
As the team fully matures/plays together, two stars will emerge: Hamilton and Miller.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
As the team fully matures/plays together, two stars will emerge: Hamilton and Miller.
miller already is a stud... for him to be even more dominant two maybe three things needs to happen... One- he needs to stay on the floor, he get's called for too many early fouls regardless if they're shltty calls or not... two- he needs to get the ball on the block/closer to the hoop. he has the post moves and quickness to elevate over his man or go around him. he may not make every shot but he can get almost every shot. the third, not that big but, if he is going to pick and pop within the three point line he needs to decide if he's going to shoot the ball or drive to the hoop, he can't be indecisive... if he can't do this I think hamilton should be the pick and pop guy

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Cincinnati also lost twice to Temple and SMU once.
The day we start comparing ourselves to Cincy.......... we've already lost.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Dream season had it from very early on all the way to CL.
In 99 I had it all year.
In 04 I had it out of the gate, lost it mid season (back issues, Gordon hot/cold), had it the rest of the way.
In 06 I had it, but lost it very early (always thought that team lacked an intangible - chemistry?).
In 09 I had it from starter pistol to Michigan State.
In 11 I had it in Maui, lost it mid season (foolishly believing Kemba was not "that guy"), then got it back when JL started hitting the floater like Popeye hits Bluto, and MM decided to go epic thread on our asses, and had it big time the rest of the way. Would have bet 100 grand on beating Butler, were I a gambler.
In 14 I had the nascent rumblings of it for much of the year, but it did not galvanize until Giffey got the starting role, then I had it the rest of the way.

Got that feeling perking up inside. Not quite there yet, but definitely forming. I think the genesis was the coalescence of the return of Amida, the greater role of Adams, the reassignment of Purvis, and the exit from the funk of this year's Moses, who seems to have been reborn.

Played More than a Feeling at the bar whilst prepping this morning to celebrate the fact that, unlike a mere month ago, I am now anxiously looking forward to each game.

Finally, the difference between the height of the current high and the low I felt a month ago is easily the greatest delta I have experienced as a UConn fan, when we had threads by 10,000 post posters questioning our Coach's ability (me and most others echoing the query).

Maybe Ollie is a basketball genius. Maybe not. Either way, I'm super excited about the home stretch.
Next time you have "feelings," please just keep it to yourself. Thanks.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
That didn't last long.

Reaction Score
Yup, feels like another KO-era UConn season. Mediocre regular season. Struggling in a conference we claim is beneath us.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
"Feelings!!!! Whoah whoah whoah feelings!!!

Just click it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds