OT: - Getting married in 4 hours | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Getting married in 4 hours

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Yep...I get to handle the big things...like world peace.

My wife handles the mundane stuff...like where do we live, what do we eat, where do we vacation, etc....
Frees you up post on the BY, so really you both win.

Reaction Score
Congrats! Have a drink before to ease the nerves but don't get wasted!

Reaction Score
Update us every 20 minutes. Pics please!
Kevin-gets-officiant.JPG

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
My niece married a guy who kept running out to the parking lot to drink beers and smoke, even though it was an open bar. Don't be that groom.
Sorry for partying

Reaction Score
Don’t forget to slam the cake in her face ... sets the tone going forward and the in-laws will love you for it

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Good luck. Stay in the moment as much as possible. Gonna be a whirlwind. Don’t get so wasted you don’t remember any of it like one of my buddies until he was puking out the window of his ride away afterwards!

My first marriage, my wedding party of five was my younger bro and 4 UConn guys. Of course we went for drinks beforehand. One got fairly hammered and spilled a rum & coke on his tux. Luckily he was light enough where we could pick him up and run him under the hand dryer in the men's room until he wasn't soaked anymore. Got to the church with 10 minutes to spare.

We ran up a $300+ bar bill after the reception (this was 1981 when $300 was actual money). Still have no idea who picked up the tab as none of us knew anyone with actual money.

Good luck on your wedding day. Know that with each successive wedding it gets easier and less expensive...

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
In Nov of 70 I married my first wife. Giants and I believe the Redskins were playing. Timing was perfect, vows during halftime, watched rest of game while in reception line. Maybe that's one of the reasons why I'm not still married to her. Timing is everything.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
My niece married a guy who kept running out to the parking lot to drink beers and smoke, even though it was an open bar. Don't be that groom.

I think I read this story in Anthony Bourdain's book.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
There is way more to this story...
I think I read this story in Anthony Bourdain's book.
Nope, just had a cooler full of beers he and his boys wanted to drink while smoking cigarettes. That was 10 years ago, they have 3 kids now, but I think about it every time I see him.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Nope, just had a cooler full of beers he and his boys wanted to drink while smoking cigarettes. That was 10 years ago, they have 3 kids now, but I think about it every time I see him.
How are you sure? Were you going to the parking lot as well?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You’ll be fine. Learn the words “I’m sorry”. Be able to say them like you mean it even if you don’t. Then learn to forgive her when she says it. Lastly, get to work minimizing how often you have to say it. We can all be better people than we are.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

economically sound decision. those ‘open bar’ beers were probably $6 a pop.

Reaction Score
Drink as much or as little as you want.

Your Adrenalin will be pumping so hard it won’t matter.

Make sure you block off time for and your bride to eat.

If you have day-of planner, lean heavily on her/him to make any substantive decisions about the day. The only thing you should be thinking about is being at the right place at the right time to say “I do” and having fun afterwards.

Reaction Score
Drink as much or as little as you want.

Your Adrenalin will be pumping so hard it won’t matter.

Make sure you block off time for and your bride to eat.

If you have day-of planner, lean heavily on her/him to make any substantive decisions about the day. The only thing you should be thinking about is being at the right place at the right time to say “I do” and having fun afterwards.

I see I was a little late. Hope you survived!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom