Georgia Tech Postgame Thread [Merged Thread] | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Georgia Tech Postgame Thread [Merged Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They were scrappy for a while under the most difficult of circumstances. But the end was not surprising. The goal needs to be to get healthy by the tournament. Seeding doesn't matter. Making the big dance does. So welcome to the next few weeks.

I think the announcers were a little overboard in praising GA Tech under the circumstances. But I will give GA Tech credit for having the best ladder-on-the-chin balancer in the world.

Reaction Score
I don't want to say too much here, but in both losses there was a 4th quarter complete collapse. I don't know what kind of pressures these girls have to deal with on a day to day basis in school and their personal life, but with almost half the team out with injury that has to add a lot of pressure for sure. It's like the pressure of a close game going into the 4th quarter is just too much on top of it all.

Reaction Score
It's going to be a really tough stretch. I think we have the potential to beat UCLA, but Louisville looks really challenging. Then Marquette could be a win. But this version of the team will struggle to score with Depaul. I for one see the back to back loss streak finally coming to an end.
GT lacks the athletes that Louisville has. If Louisville plays the level of stifling defense that they did against earlier in the season against Michigan, UConn’s offensive flow could be even worse than tonite.
When has UConn as a team look this dismal? Stagnation, combined with lack of offensive creativity & flow has replaced the old UConn standard of back door cuts and easy baskets. The team defense is pretty good but what has happened to the crisp passing, ball control and movement on offense

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Guys, criticism is understandable but if you just want to spew nastiness and insults towards Geno or the team, prepare to exit the Boneyard

if you’ve posted something and your post is still up, you’re fine

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Thank you moderators, I was quite offended by "that" post too

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Hard to play with joy when you have a miserable coach who wears his contempt on his face and puts in no effort to coach you when things get tough
Something to think about……how many Big East teams could we beat playing like we did tonight? What are our chances of going undefeated again this year in conference play? UConn may drop out of the top 25 with another loss to an unranked team. Massey has GT ranked #40.
The Big East? All of them.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This season may be so very painful for everyone associated with the program. Tonight was what I expected to occur and there may be much more coming.

Reaction Score
I understand losing Paige is incredibly disruptive, but they didn't lose her on the first play of the game and have to adjust, they had 4 days of practice to plan for this game.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
In the good old days, UCONN would have played an AAC patsy tonight & had time to adjust their game without Paige. They weren't up to the challenge of a road game vs. a well coached, motivated team.
Soon will be playing even worse NBE teams

Reaction Score
If Aaliyah keeps missing bunnies, Amari will get an opportunity to play more minutes.
Hard to watch, especially late in the game....makes me wonder if CW needs lasik for her eyes, I don't think she sees the rim clearly from the 3 pt line. AE missed too many bunnies. It has to be a tough loss...everyone knows we were way under staffed. I liked seeing Amari Berry on the floor.
Hard to watch, especially late in the game....makes me wonder if CW needs lasik for her eyes, I don't think she sees the rim clearly from the 3 pt line. AE missed too many bunnies. It has to be a tough loss...everyone knows we were way under staffed. I liked seeing Amari Berry on the floor.
I've done hundreds of Lasik pre- and post-op exams. Give me your reasons why she needs Lasik

Reaction Score
Oh do I ever know. One thing people aren't mentioning here though, is that this team does not play with joy and a love for the game. Yes, they play hard, ineffectively, but hard. But with little joy. It really shows when they choke and show little decipline or poise in the final periods.
Starts at the top and Geno seems grouchy and tired … like me. I hope he is physically OK and finds joy with the family because basketball doesn’t seem to be doing it for him anymore. The team feeds off him and they seem to be playing scared afraid of displeasing the coach. Or, the old truism, when you are winning everyone is happy … players, coaches and fans. Looking forward to how this plays out … Stay tuned.

Reaction Score
We need Paige back now idc
If tonight was an indication of what our team can do, this team with Paige doesn’t get us to the pot of gold.

We were out played and out coached. Geno didn’t call a time out till it was too late. He has to take some responsibility for such a poor performance. I stick with AE till she gets her head straight. We need her. No matter who Dorka guards, she is a step slower. She can’t get open for shots. She sits. Amari and Mir should should be our present instead of just future.

We need production. Let Caroline fire away the air balls till things click in for her. Credit to ONO for her effort tonight and recent games. But still, we seem to break even in the paint on a good night.

It looks like we run the same offensive scheme almost every time down the floor. GT had an easy time defending it.

Azzi and Aubrey will make us better but I was very disappointed at what Geno gave us tonight.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Something to think about……how many Big East teams could we beat playing like we did tonight? What are our chances of going undefeated again this year in conference play? UConn may drop out of the top 25 with another loss to an unranked team. Massey has GT ranked #40.
Georgia Tech is a really good defensive team. Certainly top 10% in the nation, possibly top 10. Nobody in the Big East outside of UConn is in the same league as GT defensively. De Paul might have beaten UConn tonight, but I don't think anyone else in the BE could have.

UConn isn't dropping out of the top 25. Top 10 before the end of Paige's absence maybe.

Reaction Score
The postgame comments by Geno as posted by the media on Twitter are strange. Hope saying this doesn’t constitute criticism

Reaction Score
I'm going to keep things as neutral as possible, as I predict an onslaught of negative posts are going to follow.
  • Tonight was the proof that our second 5 are not a top ten team, heck our 2-5 and a bench player looked like they'd struggle through the big east schedule. A lesson to a lot of posters to be more realistic with expectations and to respect the student athletes that play DI basketball, top to bottom. There's a lot more talent today than 20 years ago.
  • I do think it is difficult to adjust to losing a NPOY, but to also simultaneously be without another 3 contributors is incredibly tough. It's going to take some time to figure things out, and we need to be patient.
  • That being said, we still on paper brought a lot more talent to this matchup. How is it that our talent looked so bad? I am hopeful that those who played tonight take this loss very personally.
  • I noticed we pretty much ran zero half court offense. This might be a scenario where we have to rely on sets to generate open looks. You can't play read and react when nobody is moving. Nothing to react to.
  • I thought the turning point was the stretch where AE missed the wide open transition bucket, and then ONO went out with 3 fouls. After that point, we looked really bad offensively.
  • The good news is that Amari looked pretty good to me. Caroline had a very up and down game. But I think we have to continue to give both minutes as they look like they can develop into reliable options.
  • As for CW becoming our go to scorer? Not who I'd choose! But I guess what other option do we have?!
There is a big part of the problem. Paper doesn't matter.

Reaction Score
She looks burned out. Not enjoying playing basketball.
For the past three games, it seems like she is playing with mittens on her hands. She can't catch a simple pass or rebound. And, if she does, she can't do anything with it. Something isn't right here, but she needs to fix it.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I'm not going to pick on specific players, but IMHO both the coaches AND the players need to look in the mirror and do some serious soul searching. This might be the worst game I've ever seen a UCONN team with this much talent play.

We lost Q4 18-5. Can't blame that on 3 games in 3 days.
Agree.

A good team will learn and move on.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The postgame comments by Geno as posted by the media on Twitter are strange. Hope saying this doesn’t constitute criticism
No, no you’re fine. I’m talking about nasty, insulting posts. Yours doesn’t come close

Reaction Score
Which is what I said as well in the chat. His quick jerk of Amari in the 3rd was puzzling to me, but he's the coach and must have seen something.
She missed covering her position underneath, but she ran the floor well.

Reaction Score
Georgia Tech is a really good defensive team. Certainly top 10% in the nation, possibly top 10. Nobody in the Big East outside of UConn is in the same league as GT defensively. De Paul might have beaten UConn tonight, but I don't think anyone else in the BE could have.

UConn isn't dropping out of the top 25. Top 10 before the end of Paige's absence maybe.
hope you are right but I dont see what you could take out of what we saw tonight that would make you think that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom