Georgia Tech Postgame Thread [Merged Thread] | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Georgia Tech Postgame Thread [Merged Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
away from home and not able to watch. Checked score occasionally. UConn is down the number 1 player in the college game who is also the primary ball handler, not to mention scorer. It’s only been a few days to adjust. The second ball handler type I suppose is Evina then Nika who is more of a ball handler than Evina. And of course Anna left. That’s 3 of 4 possible ball handlers GA recruited not available right now. Missing Aubrey the best on ball defender and Nika also a pest on D. Not to forget what Paige brings to D. Not too hard to project issues with those absences from the backcourt where O and D are usually generated. Based on my look at the box, throw in horrible shooting by Aliyah, Caroline and Dorka and Azzi also unavailable and it becomes near impossible to win against decent competition. I don’t care what rank the recruits have been in high school, it matters a lot what their individual skills are. The D wasn’t that bad but we are what we are right now and it’s unlikely to be easy when several players aren’t shooting well. Getting some of the wounded back should help.

Reaction Score
637E269F-0BFA-4798-ADFD-9D1523D33950.jpeg
I never thought I’d see UConn WBB athletes unable or unwilling to discuss a game with the media, tough loss notwithstanding.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Of course no UCONN loss would be complete without the obligatory "Geno was out coached" remark. Some of these Debbie Downers are so predictable.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
That's an interesting point; I thought Geno's approach would be encouraging,
upbeat...you guys can do it...like he did before Stewie's first NCAA after they had lost to ND for the upteenth time.

We got something else instead...sad.

Reaction Score
Some thoughts on the Georgia Tech game:
  • This was a tough game to watch tonight, but not completely unexpected with UConn shorthanded against a good GT team. UConn is going to be a work-in-progress for a while as new players step in, injured players return, and everyone adjusts to their new roles on this team.
  • UConn has had their fair share of injuries through the years, but I cannot remember another game when the Huskies took the court down four key players.
  • It appeared that Paige did not make the trip, which I expected. Traveling on planes and through airports on a pair of crutches is not particularly easy or safe.
  • This was “Liv’s Home Coming Game” and she played very well until Geno was forced to sit her in the 3rd qtr after a questionable foul call on what appeared to be a clear block.
  • Rebecca described Aaliyah’s shooting woes as the yips. I guess that’s as good an explanation as any.
  • I didn’t even realize Amari had entered the game until she scored. She gave UConn some quality minutes in her very first PT with the Huskies.
  • I know this one hurts. Everyone needs to hang in there until the cavalry arrives.
By that time when Bueckers gets back and that a big "if" the season is over. Bueckers will be too rusty to help for what little time is left to the season.

Reaction Score
We just have to get through the next couple of games, then we play Marquette before getting a long break for the holidays. Hopefully as we flip the calendar to 2022 we'll have Azzi, Nika, and Aubrey back. I'll be pleased with 2-1 until then.
This whole season was supposed to taken personally, and then again after the SC game. Unfortunately, talking doesn't do it.
You gotta walk the walk!

Reaction Score
Tough game to watch when we are used to previous teams cutting and passing beautifully. Taking the train to the game on Saturday, looking for more discipline and less turnovers. Defense wasn't bad but the offense at times was just not good. Quick turnaround for the team

Reaction Score
It’s happened before
Perhaps their unwillingness or inability to discuss a loss is a big part of the problem with this team at this point.

Being able to discuss failures is a huge part of learning, growing and moving on. Ignoring it only says that you are unable to handle the moment and can't see the future.

If they won't face up to it, there is no excuse.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Perhaps their unwillingness or inability to discuss a loss is a big part of the problem with this team at this point.

Being able to discuss failures is a huge part of learning, growing and moving on. Ignoring it only says that you are unable to handle the moment and can't see the future.

If they won't face up to it, there is no excuse.
When it’s happened in the past, the players were too emotional for a press conference.

I am absolutely sure they aren’t ignoring the loss. That was an unusually harsh comment from you

Reaction Score
Here is my take. E isn't a PG. CW isn't a PG. Our PG is the best player in WCBB and she is hurt. We were losing this game the second Paige went down on Sunday. I don't care who is on the floor, you're only as good as your guards and no Paige changed everything about this team.

I mean-our 4 injured players could be 4 of our 5 starters next year. This is going to be an UGGGGGLLLLLYYYYYYY 6-8 weeks and we will probably lose 5 straight.

One last thing-does anyone else feel Rebecca tries really hard to not seem like a homer?
And does an excellent job I might add.

Reaction Score
Can some reach out to Canada and ask them to return AE to us?
Looks to me like Edwards has the yips. Steve Sax couldn't throw from 2nd to 1st. Dale Murphy couldn't throw the ball back to the pitcher from behind the plate. In Edwards case she either misses everything or almost shatters the glass. If that's what this is, only one way to get over it, and some people on here won't like it because it requires patience and not acting like these games are for the National Championship.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
By that time when Bueckers gets back and that a big "if" the season is over. Bueckers will be too rusty to help for what little time is left to the season.
We don’t know that. The doctors who have examined her and read the report from the Radiologist on the MRI have come up with a 6-8 week schedule. That puts Paige back on the court in January. I will defer to the doctors until I hear otherwise.

JBK

Reaction Score
What does that even mean? Quit the season?
Agreed
We are 6 games into to a season with some of the best high school talent in the world. Let’s simplify the offense, run a bit and let’s get back to work.
Quit. - how ridiculous is that
When the Going gets tough the tough get going. ?? We do not quit
When you think you can’t - UCONN

Reaction Score
When it’s happened in the past, the players were too emotional for a press conference.

I am absolutely sure they aren’t ignoring the loss. That was an unusually harsh comment from you
I don't agree, but thank you anyway. This is when they learn to accept defeat, and are given an opportunity face it up and take responsibility for it. Sports is unique in that, and is why some of the best usually have athletics in their biography.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom