Georgetown Thoughts | The Boneyard

Georgetown Thoughts

Reaction Score
I am very curious for Saturday's game for a couple reasons.

1. We have had now 4 days between games. I will be curious what changes in offense/defense strategy take place because we will have had 3 solid practices.

2. Georgetown talentwise isnt great so it will allow Dan to experiment some concepts in a lower risk environment.

3. Georgetown's strength i s our biggest weakness. They are great at 1 on 1 drives and scoring. We are terrible stoping 1 on 1 offsense. Do we play more zone?

Here's hoping we turn a corner and get off to a better start than the last time we played them.

Reaction Score

1. We have had now 4 days between games. I will be curious what changes in offense/defense strategy take place because we will have had 3 solid practices.

2. Georgetown talentwise isnt great so it will allow Dan to experiment some concepts in a lower risk environment.

3. Georgetown's strength i s our biggest weakness. They are great at 1 on 1 drives and scoring. We are terrible stoping 1 on 1 offsense. Do we play more zone?

Here's hoping we turn a corner and get off to a better start than the last time we played them.
I think GTown actually has some good individual talent. They just aren’t a very good team and are horrendously coached

Reaction Score

Yes, I think this would be a good game to use zone preferably the 2-3 they showed at times against Xavier. But not the 1-3-1. They are not a good 3-point shooting team except for Heath, so play up on him and dare the others to shoot the long ball. They are not a particularly good rebounding team, so the more low percentage shots they take, the better for us. I’d still play man against them as well; switching defenses could confuse them and force them to make decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I'm done predicting UConn games this season. We can beat anyone and lose to anyone.

Reaction Score
This might be a good time to run out the double bigs. Georgetown murdered us on the glass last game and it nearly cost us. Cannot let that happen again
Agree 100%. We got out rebounded 40-28 last game. Georgetown only shoots 31% from 3 and shot 100 less 3s this year compared with UConn. We can sacrifice some 3P defense to get more rebounds.

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
I bet Primo drops 30 on us.
Primo.png

Primo is not amused...

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Zero chance. You his NIL coordinator? And I'm a CT hoops/Windsor fan.
It’s honestly been crazy to see Primo’s rise. To think he didn’t really have any D1 offers I think coming out of high school.

Reaction Score
They will hang around awhile before we go on a run and bust it open. Should be another double digit win.

Orc

Reaction Score
My prediction is that uconn goes up double digits some time in the first half. Then stinks it up in the second half to make it a close game.

Reaction Score
It’s honestly been crazy to see Primo’s rise. To think he didn’t really have any D1 offers I think coming out of high school.
I thought he always moved like a high level d1 player. He moves so natural on the court .Functional athleticism and quick, non-wasted movements. Had some injury history but he seemed like a no brained as a d1 player regardless.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I thought he always moved like a high level d1 player. He moves so natural on the court .Functional athleticism and quick, non-wasted movements. Had some injury history but he seemed like a no brained as a d1 player regardless.
Agreed. I don’t think guys from CT public schools get enough exposure unfortunately unless you’re 6’8 and above.

JWF was one of the leading scorers for Pitt when he finally made it D1 after spending a few years at JUCO.

Only guys I can think of that went high D1 instantly were DC, Kuran Iverson, and 2 guys who played AAU with Andre lol (Kris Dunn and Khalil Dukes).

Reaction Score
Can you explain to me what everyone sees in Samson Johnson? I'm not pro or anti Samson. What's he actually done to generate to all this hype?

For starters -- He won a starting job in the preseason. So Hurley thought he was a starter on this squad.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
For starters -- He won a starting job in the preseason. So Hurley thought he was a starter on this squad.
Or was that because of Alex’s injury which was widely reported?

Serious question.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom