Georgetown Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Georgetown Post Game Thread

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
They took the 2nd half off. Dan took way too long to let them know it. It’s on the fix list now.
I think it was calculated. If he complains too quickly or too much in a game that's unfolding as today's game was, some of the players may become tone deaf to his constructive criticisms.

Reaction Score
Which fanbase is more upset right now, Georgetown or Kentucky's whose team of 5 stars just lost it's third straight home game and Calipari has walked out of the last two pressers?

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Again, Cooley's salary is a blogger's guess and not confirmed by anyone. It's likely much lower.

Hoya fans are not happy about ANYTHING right now.

I guess we should trust you, although you might be a holdover from the glory years

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Again, Cooley's salary is a blogger's guess and not confirmed by anyone. It's likely much lower.

Hoya fans are not happy about ANYTHING right now.

If only there was anything Gtown could have done to avoid it.

willie99

Reaction Score
Which fanbase is more upset right now, Georgetown or Kentucky's whose team of 5 stars just lost it's third straight home game and Calipari has walked out of the last two pressers?

I assure you it's UK fans, they still care. Go to their board, it's all about how bad Cal is. They're hating him. He's walked out of two press conferences in a row. It's ugly

I don't enjoy seeing any fanbase suffer, that's just bad karma. But I despise Squid, I haven't had any respect for the man since he tried to throw us under the bus as he was running from infractions at UMass. I think that was like 1995 or something. I know Ray Ray was playing

Reaction Score
At the game they had a kid going for a full court putt to “win” tickets to the Big East Tournament. I’d argue the biggest win of the day for Georgetown was that kid missing so he didn’t have to watch them lose by 30 at Noon on a Thursday

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Went to the game today. Felt a bit like a high end scrimmage during the first half. Gotta say, the Georgetown fanbase could not be more demoralized. It's just been a complete collapse to the abyss of the hoop's world. I think it's been a genuine shock to them. They barely showed up.
You sure you weren’t at a UConn football game?

Reaction Score
The GU fans sitting in front and behind us never came back after halftime. Can't blame them.

Reaction Score
Just not a lot of talent on this team. Had to add walk-ons when Ewing-era NIL didn't come through.

Akok Akok transferring in August to play at WVU didn't help, ether, because they couldn't fill that spot.

Reaction Score
Did he say that we're going to the B1G?
He did not. Said that nobody really knows what things wi ultimately look like but that the SEC and Big 10 sure look like they want to decide the rules.

Reaction Score
Somebody gets it. UConn Villanova go into the season thinking national championship. The rest of the league goes in hoping to make the tournament.
Some of the other programs have reasonable second weekend aspirations (Creighton, Xavier), but by and large there's a ceiling for most of these teams.

Reaction Score
Crowd was electric. There were decent UConn crowds the last two seasons, but this was almost a full-fledged home game. At least 70/30 UConn fans, probably more. The Hoya fans we did see… just looked defeated. You hate to see it, but more than that, you love to see it.
When Alex came out for good and there was pretty loud cheering and clapping from all of us who were there, I remember looking over at their student section and they were all watching and just looked so bummed out.

Reaction Score
I assure you it's UK fans, they still care. Go to their board, it's all about how bad Cal is. They're hating him. He's walked out of two press conferences in a row. It's ugly

I don't enjoy seeing any fanbase suffer, that's just bad karma. But I despise Squid, I haven't had any respect for the man since he tried to throw us under the bus as he was running from infractions at UMass. I think that was like 1995 or something. I know Ray Ray was playing
Ray Allen v Marcus Camby

Those where the days!

Reaction Score
You were close enough to a Georgetown fan to hear their voice? I was in section 119 completely surrounded by Uconn fans. While it would be nice to see the rivalry reignited, as a VA resident I could get used to having a DC home game every year.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Agree.
I sat down low across from both benches and Cooley kept shaking his head at his players because of the lack of effort and discipline from them.
Epps was lackadaisical and he wasn’t even engaged while on the floor. Cooley showed his frustration to him.
Probably not so happy with Cooley's "animated" presence vs Ewing.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
He has so much confidence right now, and still remains humble. His maturity is what separates him from other freshman. These next few weeks will be an exciting time for Husky Nation watching Castle develop into a super star.

The BE Tourney will be his showcase.
I can't wait for him in the Big Dance on those neutral courts. His confidence growing with every game.

willie99

Reaction Score
At the game they had a kid going for a full court putt to “win” tickets to the Big East Tournament. I’d argue the biggest win of the day for Georgetown was that kid missing so he didn’t have to watch them lose by 30 at Noon on a Thursday

They have to win a game on Wednesday before they get to Thursday.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom