Georgetown Post Game Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Georgetown Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Did you see all of the quitting and finger pointing on defense? They didn't look they wanted to be there. Cooley has his hands full to build a winning culture. Georgetown has been horrible for so long.
He’s got two returning players, one of whom gets meaningful minutes. Not sure how much the existing culture (because there’s really not much) plays into it, vs. Cooley just failing to implement a good culture and/or build a roster with guys that will buy in. In the day and age of the portal, Cooley’s first season has been a resounding failure.

Reaction Score
Can't compete without talent.

And assuming Georgetown won't be playing home games at the DC Armory in 2028-29, the current home fan experience is awful.

Reaction Score
That was too easy, we're special

And Ed Cooley is the most overrated coach in NCAA history. 3-7 in the dance, one second weekend appearance

Anyone know why this guy is treated like he walks on water? I don't get it. If he did for UConn what he did at PC, we'd be calling for his head

But as Ed has said, he is rich
Because he makes pretty good lemonade from rotten lemons. The G'Town project will take a few seasons.

Reaction Score
When the teams where greeting each other at end of game I wonder how many Uconn players said ‘good game, absent absentmindly...

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
No he didn't. He has won a total of 3 NCAA Tournament games total in 12 seasons as their head coach. Mediocre as can be.

Again, this board would be calling for head after that many seasons and one sweet sixteen

Reaction Score
Georgetown’s first half performance was one of the most pathetic halves I can remember seeing from a Big East team. Against Xavier we played great. Today, they were just horrible. How many times can you leave someone wide open in the middle of the paint?
Agree.
I sat down low across from both benches and Cooley kept shaking his head at his players because of the lack of effort and discipline from them.
Epps was lackadaisical and he wasn’t even engaged while on the floor. Cooley showed his frustration to him.

Reaction Score
When the teams where greeting each other at end of game I wonder how many Uconn players said ‘good game, absent absentmindly...
If the UConn players said it to Georgetown players who didn't play in the game, their complement would be very appropriate.

Reaction Score
No he didn't. He has won a total of 3 NCAA Tournament games total in 12 seasons as their head coach. Mediocre as can be.
Providence didn't go to the tournament for 7 years straight before Cooley got there and only went to 2 tournaments in 14 seasons before he got there. Cooley would've had them in 8 tournaments out of 10 if they didn't cancel the tournament in the Covid year. He did a great job at Providence.

Reaction Score
Providence didn't go to the tournament for 7 years straight before Cooley got there and only went to 2 tournaments in 14 seasons before he got there. Cooley would've had them in 8 tournaments out of 10 if they didn't cancel the tournament in the Covid year. He did a great job at Providence.
This. I feel like people don’t remember how bad it had gotten leading up to Cooley being hired. They were a doormat and not remotely relevant at a national level. At least Cooley got them competitive.

Reaction Score
3 tourney wins in 12 seasons is far from a "great job". Would you want him as UConn's Head Coach? I didn't think so.

Last edited:

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Georgetown home attendance returning to 3-4,000 a game. At some point, people just aren't coming back.
Serious question. What was so bad about JT III?

Reaction Score
This team is very hungry for a Big East Title. They want to wrap it up asap, and it shows in their play! Win at home against Marquette should do it.

Reaction Score
I don’t think he is great but Cooley is one of those guys who will eventually be good enough for Georgetown.

Reaction Score
IMG_4940.jpeg

Reaction Score
I'm not putting words in your mouth saying that Providence is a better job. I know that money is the thing. But there were a ton of people here who banked on the Georgetown brand. Some said they are one of the biggest CBB brands in the country. I don't see it anymore. They haven't been in there in decades. Navy is not a football powerhouse anymore...it doesn't work that way.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Is GT worse than last year? Sheesh.

Nice to see Karaban and Castle hitting #s. Was kinda surprised that Clingan only had 4pts? I love 4 blocks and 1 PF. Newton and Diarra both went 0-2 from the line which is unusual. I mean whatever, this was basically a cupcake.

I feel like Roumoglou has hit a 3 the last 3-4 games he's been in now? I almost hope he transfers and can get some playing time somewhere or that he can get into the rotation here.

Reaction Score
Went to the game today. Felt a bit like a high end scrimmage during the first half. Gotta say, the Georgetown fanbase could not be more demoralized. It's just been a complete collapse to the abyss of the hoop's world. I think it's been a genuine shock to them. They barely showed up. A few in person thoughts

1. Newton was banged up but i actually loved his game today. He should never force it. He can get into the lane and throw up those semi-wild shots whenever he wants. He had 9 dimes today and just 3 shots. But i was very pleased.
2. Alex's communication on defense is underappreciated. He's basically a maestro out there directing all guys. They also obviously practiced on bounds plays from their opponents baseline because they had that corner three covered every time (after giving them up to Butler).
3. Clingan just changes everything. Nothing more to say.
4. Dan Hurley is really psychotic. The time out with 6.5 mins left in the 2nd half, up 25 was wild. He was captured in the huddle yelling at them. I don't know if folks saw that for about 10 seconds prior he was about 10 feet away from the huddle glaring in their direction. It was crazy. I love him.

But, honestly, there isn't much to take from this game because Georgetown is just in a really sad state.

Reaction Score
He has so much confidence right now, and still remains humble. His maturity is what separates him from other freshman. These next few weeks will be an exciting time for Husky Nation watching Castle develop into a super star.

The BE Tourney will be his showcase.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom