Georgetown Post-Game Thread - BET | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Georgetown Post-Game Thread - BET

Reaction Score
If it wasn't meant as a criticism, then okay, you wrote it, you know what you meant. Maybe I just misread it. But once a team leader, now a backup came across as criticism to me, especially when there aren't enough starting spots for all the talent on this team. A player coming off this bench doesn't mean they have regressed or are not playing well.

As for Gehrig, I'm not gonna get into any comparisons of this to that. And I don't know what fans in 1938 and early 1939 thought about his play not being what it had been because they didn't write it down for me to read. But I had a childhood friend die a few years ago from ALS. Good guy. And no, nobody thought it was his fault.
She had a head injury, and pretty severe enough to keep her out for many days. All I did was describe what’s been happening to her, the constant headaches and nausea, and never once did I say it was in any way shape or form, her fault. I hope you can reevaluate my “thought processes”. Thanks

sun

Reaction Score
AE's strength & durability continues to impress.
She took a hard fall when a G'town player crashed into her, and AE latched onto her arm just before they both crumpled.
Some players are little bit reckless when trying to compete with UConn which puts our girls at risk.
DeBerry only played 2 minutes but she flashed her talent several times.
She showed her leaping ability trying to block an outside shot and can play defense better then she gets credit for.
It's nice that Geno let her & Piath enter a BE tourney game & contribute.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They were firing on all cylinders on defense. And while we won by 46 the offense sputtered for some. By the conclusion of the BE tournament we should know the key contributor’s going forward.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
I think the reason CD has not looked as good as she had, is the lack of minutes she is playing now. As a starter she could make mistakes and have opportunities to make adjustments to correct what she is doing wrong. As a reserve, she has fewer opportunities to find her groove and must produce immediately. If she starts again, either this season or next, I believe we will see the CD we saw earlier this season.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Another posted (forgot) observed in a game chat that CD was leaning forward on her shot attempts, which IMHO is making her shots go long, as she's hitting the backside of the rim quite a bit. So, a head injury, not a concussion (per the reporting), could be a number of things. Vertigo? Vision issues? Who knows. From personal experience, I've developed occasional vertigo over last year (covid?, menopause?) and every once in a while, it appears and makes a simple thing a bit more complex.

For now, I'll take what she's giving the team as I think it's what the team needs. If it wasn't, Geno would perhaps curtail her PT.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I like the way the BET tournament is breaking. With Creighton out, chances are pretty good that we get that Villanova rematch. Another shot at Siegrist (with Harry Peretta analyzing?)

Brewski

To infinity and beyond!
Reaction Score
I think the reason CD has not looked as good as she had, is the lack of minutes she is playing now. As a starter she could make mistakes and have opportunities to make adjustments to correct what she is doing wrong. As a reserve, she has fewer opportunities to find her groove and must produce immediately. If she starts again, either this season or next, I believe we will see the CD we saw earlier this season.
I suspect all elite players prefer to start over coming off the bench for just the reason you suggest, to purge the jitters and get your game dialed in. Only the best of the elite can adjust to coming in off the bench after starting, Evina being an excellent example. I do think that we will see the old CD this season even if she is not starting.

She is still getting 20+ minutes off the bench even though her standard of play is not what it was before her head injury. The coaching staff knows that without her production and game winning last second shots during the lean times this year, we'd perhaps be looking at a 4 seed in the upcoming NCAA tournament. They are being patient with her, and that's a good thing. She almost won the Louisville game for us, and it's a shame we did not win because her performance would have been better recognized.

Caroline will adjust to the fact that that she's not starting and not getting any (or very few) set plays run for her with Paige and Azzi now getting their share. Caroline has a boat load of talent and we won't have to wait for her to start again to see it! Patience my friends.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom