Georgetown Post-Game Thread - BET

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
OD, where are you? :confused:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I liked Geno’s rotation today. It will be a much tougher game tomorrow. This was a good opportunity to get the rust off. Anyone that starts slow tomorrow can be subbed for after the first 4-5 minutes.

We want to come out hot and crush our opponents’s spirit right away. The only way to do that is to make baskets and make stops. You want at least a double digit lead at the end of the first quarter. :cool:

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
The evolution to NASTY continues.

Now we all know G'town is not a good team. Look beyond that.

Suffocating defense the whole game. After two quick 3's, G'town's offense was shut down. Their guards had no room to move freely. Very few second chances for G'town. Very few fouls - only 9.

Offense - pick your poison. 9 players can lead the team in scoring any game. We have the shooters to break a zone/ collapsing zone. Though now obvious today, Aaliyah, Olivia and Dorka are formidable down low. We had 4 players in double figures including Paige who went 4 - 5 from beyond the arc.

Tomorrow's game - a lot will depend on how either DePaul or Marquette starters have to play. A close game the whole game is good for us.

Reaction Score
I think UCONN and Dorka had been short changed by score board 1(one) point. I think Dorka scored a 3, not 2, on a long distance shot. Can anyone identified that also ? ! The final score should have been 85-38 ! My MOV should improved by 1 point if this argument is right!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is amazing, 50% FG. Paige is just great.

View attachment 74006
1646509793299.jpeg

“Free-throw percentage needs to be better.“

Reaction Score
CW had 5 steals as well as great shooting. With all the 3 point shooters we have I really like our chances against any team. They move the ball quickly and get good looks as a result. Part of the reason why we see Edwards being more effective now is our guards are shooting more 3's and our paint players are getting more offensive rebounds. This is our optimal situation against top teams. We have a great chance to make the 3 and if not we also have a great chance to get the boards as well. Especially with Azzi and Paige shooting. They both have softer shots and fewer long rebounds. Adding Paige as a 3 point shooter really changes the game in so many ways.

And we haven't even seen Paige ramp it up yet. 16 points, 5 rebounds, 4 assists in 18 minutes. And she didn't break a sweat.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
doubt? injury? concern?
now all filed in the trash can.
hey wbb, u see that light in the distance?
it's our freight train, loaded with gold coming down the mountain.
on iced rails,
covered in grease,
and headed for u.

be afraid, be very, very, afraid.
I tell you what. There is no way SC, Stanford, or Louisville are afraid of UConn. We can say all these grand things about UConn but, they still have some important things to iron out before they will become a scary team. If you look close enough, you will see them. However, when the coaches decide what combination works the best together and stay with that, they will become scary.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
I tell you what. There is no way SC, Stanford, or Louisville are afraid of UConn. We can say all these grand things about UConn but, they still have some important things to iron out before they will become a scary team. If you look close enough, you will see them. However, when the coaches decide what combination works the best together and stay with that, they will become scary.
' If you look close enough,'
i did, 4 months ago, and this is what i saw, only dependent upon health.

we're healthy now, so, too bad for everrone else.

Reaction Score
I think Louisville might be a bit worried considering how close the last game was without UConn being healthy........

Reaction Score
Agree on the Liv assessment. And these are the teams where someone of her supposed caliber and experience should shine. She'll need to come with a better game against the teams whose bigs are faster, more mobile and stronger.
UConn's motion offense not moving for much of the game. Liv gets many of her points via picks that were for the most part not there today. Good defense and passing.

Reaction Score
Good game. UConn still struggles in the quarter court against zones and collapsing M2M. Liv really struggled against these two defenses. She also failed to attempt a single outside shot. For the second time Azzi shot poorly against GT when her parent(s) are in attendance. She'll fix that. But her defense, and UConn's as a whole was solid, Paige looked like the old Paige. Geno tried a lot of combinations trying to get them all acquainted with each other. CD misses long, sometime short, on a lot of her shots. Short means she's aiming, long means her shooting form and hence her shot is a little too flat. She sometimes hurries her shot, even on layups. She'll fix it. I was really happy to see AE continue to develop her mid range game. She shoots FT's well, so when she flashes to the foul line, or stands inside the arc, she could potentially become very
dangerous. On to the next victim.
Concerned that Azzi is not setting her feet on many shots. Unlikely that she has suddenly forgotten how. Suspect she is having issues with her foot.

Reaction Score
If we defend like this we’ll be very hard to beat. I predict that Bueckerd starts in the BE finals, or do roll with her off the bench the rest of the season.
Bueckers my bad, iPhone auto spell check lol.

Reaction Score
The scary part is that Uconn is not really playing that well yet as Fudd said the other day. Caroline's shot has been really off since she came back from her head injury and Azzi's shot is also pretty off today. Can't wait to see them rolling on all cylinders.
The flip side great news is Bueckers is definitely back. She’s driving to the basket, nailed almost all of her shots, high layups off the backboard, deep three’s, 12 footer’s. Also seemed more confident moving around the court today.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
seriously tho, we're winning games by 6 touchdowns, or more.
in march.
when exactly do some constantly worrying fans here flip the switch, kick back, and instead just enjoy the ride? it's supposed to be fun when it works right, and, boy oh boy, it's working right.
it's geno. it's Uconn. i've seen this movie many times before,
and im certainly enjoying it. again.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Concerned that Azzi is not setting her feet on many shots. Unlikely that she has suddenly forgotten how. Suspect she is having issues with her foot.
Actually, I'm less concerned with her feet than the number of times she's fumbled the ball just slightly before her shot. It throws off her shot every time. That is absolutely a sign of trying to hurry the shot. She is also the type of shooter that needs rhythm, and once she has it, sitting ruins her focus. She'll fix all of this.

Reaction Score
seriously tho, we're winning games by 6 touchdowns, or more.
in march.
when exactly do some constantly worrying fans here flip the switch, kick back, and instead just enjoy the ride? it's supposed to be fun when it works right, and, boy oh boy, it's working right.
it's geno. it's Uconn. i've seen this movie many times before,
and im certainly enjoying it. again.
New movie coming out. When? I don't know, ask PAHuskeyFan.

Reaction Score
I think UCONN and Dorka had been short changed by score board 1(one) point. I think Dorka scored a 3, not 2, on a long distance shot. Can anyone identified that also ? ! The final score should have been 85-38 ! My MOV should improved by 1 point if this argument is right!
I thought the same thing, but Dorka's basket was changed from a 3 to a 2--apparently, she had her foot on the line...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom